I don't like babies

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by freedbypeace, May 18, 2004.

1. kier

kier I R Baboon

awww, im sorry you were having a bad day!

and i was just being cheeky when i quoted you, you made me giggle, so thankyou :D i try not to favour kids in any way, because as soon as they start getting smart they notice those sort of things, and it is way too unfair on them

2. makno

makno Senior Member

every morning i get up i thank heavens i dont have kids!...my mom n dad r dead so i dont have to do a lot of family bullshit....kind of liberating circumstances

3. kat2000

kat2000 Member

Honestly, I prefer to have dogs lots and lots of dogs rather than babies. Dogs are simple to care for, they do not have annoying cry but cute howling. I just can't picture myself loving a baby the way I love my dog.

I can't believe my husband convince me to conceive, I am so not looking forward to it. ...................................................so sad.

4. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I love babies when they're so cute.... unfortunately, that doesn't seem the case when they're crying.

5. freedbypeace

freedbypeace A Woman Left Lonely

It's alright EarthyMama, just as long as we keep the peace. That's why I brought my bipolar and manic desspresive side into the picture because we can all have our bad days. :) Yes, it did take a lot of courage, just being so young and having a baby is a major deal. I think that no child should be discriminated because of looks, especially since it can grow on them and be bread into future generations. Hopefully Noah will be plenty accepted as your other child is, if not, then thoose that see it as that way are childish themselves! Have you ever talked to the grandparents or whoever about the favorism?

6. Professor Jumbo

Professor Jumbo Mr. Smarty Pants

Hoorah for kittes!! Down with ugly-ass babies!! They're loud, they smell, they're annoying. Almost all of them are ugly. People with babies are usually a pain in the ass too since they have one track minds, namely "isn't my baby the cutest, wuvwyist, wittle snookiewookie cutie pie in the whole wide world? Oh yes you are, Oh yes you are a cute wittle cutie pie!!". Mind you I don't mean people who have kids, but people who actually are holding their baby at the time that you are tyring to talk to them. Yup, babies stink. Kitties are awsome.

7. Cosmic Butterfly

Cosmic Butterfly Member

You were all babies at one point. Someone took care of you and most likely loved you. If it werent for those caring people who dedicated a BIG portion of their lives for you, you would not be here.

I was afraid of babies until I had my daughter. Before her, babies were some kind of alien thing that I would avoid at all costs. Im glad that I did not get an abortion with Gaea even though I contemplated it the first couple weeks.

She has taught me how to love, and show compassion for life. I have a better relationship with my parents because of her. She made realize that I was a baby and they loved me.

Babies are our future FreedbyPeace. The wonderful thing about babies is that they are pure being here to carry on your existence. Whether it be genetics, spirituality, your lifestyle, legacy, etc.
    If you were to ever have a baby you would realize that that baby is the most purest form of yourself that you will EVER be.

Quick question if you dont mind. Do you think that having an abortion has done severe damage to your mental state? I have a friend who had an abortion and she went through 9 months of hell. She said she was pregnant with death after her abortion, and that having the abortion gave her manic depression.

Peace Sister
    Best of luck in life
    [​IMG]

8. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

It's not the BABIES that annoy me... it's the insane attention they get from adults. When I was younger, I thought I hated babies too, until I figured out it wasn't really them.

I do feel like that adults can go way overboard with the attention they give to babies... it's very highly annoying. Yeah a baby can be cute (most ARE awkward looking) and they are fun to play with... but COME ON.

My mother-in-law has what I call "Babyitis"... She goes absolutely berserk over babies, it's sickening and it's like nails on chalkboard for me. When my brother-in-law and his wife came down to visit our family with their baby once, her focus was on that kid the ENTIRE time... I mean she literally did NOT look away from the kid! My husband's whole family went out to dinner one night, took two separate cars.. I was in the other car watching them as they loaded in the car she was driving, she had her head turned backwards at almost EVERY opportunity... while waiting to leave, at every stop sign/light... etc.... sad. The restaurant... well you get the idea. At that time, I told my husband I was glad we weren't having kids, because then we wouldn't have a homing device beaming home to grandma!

What annoys me more than ANYTHING though is misdirected attention, when an adult will give all the attention to the baby and none to the siblings or other kids. Some 7 year old will try to show off some artwork to an aunt, for example, and the aunt says "Oh that's nice dear." and then immediately turns to the baby again and gets all animated and super nice and etc... ARGGHH! Babies don't deserve that kind of attention... the older kids need it more than the babies do. Babies don't do anything!

So, in a nutshell, I like babies... just not some adults when they are AROUND babies.

However, I can not STAND kids that are over 18 months or so... Up until age 14 or 15, they drive me insane and I just want to slap them around so bad. SIT DOWN, SHUT UP, WIPE YOUR FACE, AND STOP BEING SO STUPID! I Think this is due more to bad parenting than bad kids though. The well-behaved ones, I like... they bring an interesting perspective to the world and it's nice to see the magic of childhood again. But there's like one well behaved kid for every 20 bad ones these days.

9. kier

kier I R Baboon

but that's the parents....or whoever brings you up. the sweetest baby/kid (he's about 5-6 now) is this lil cutey called jay...as a baby he was generaly quiet, and was pretty curios and learned fast. then he started to talk, and he is just so sweet and good!!! i mean....he knows hes being naughty staying up late, and will usualy just go to bed....and he has a little sister now, lelu (i cant spell for cookies....pronounce:lee-loo)...and he helps her out and stuff, and she is a good baby too

why? because their parents are so cool and nice...they put lots of effort into their kids, and they dont see it as a chore, they enjoy it.

im just saying, if a kids good its because either his parents are good (so he wants to be like them) or sometimes kids will want to be different to their parents....so that could mean being mean (if they're good parents) but this i'd say is rare....or wanting to be better than their parents, and so turn out really sweet

remember, we all were once screaming-shit-bags ;)

10. SapphireSerenity

SapphireSerenity Member

I love babies... I think they're awesome

~ Sapphire

11. Dr. Lecter

Dr. Lecter Member

I don't like babies (to me, they're ugly, generic humanoid larva) but the parents of babies sicken me worse. They think the whole universe revolves around their kid and the sun shines of out its asshole.

Maybe it's because I'm a guy, but I can't stand women who rant and rave about how horrible it is to be in labor. If you don't want that kind of agony, don't get pregnant, ya dumb bitch; you know what you're in for, you chose to go through this agony.

12. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

This makes me physically ill. There is nothing worse than a parent who doesn't want their child.

13. Cosmic Butterfly

Cosmic Butterfly Member

I hope Kat2000 that you will be able to love that child, maybe you should consider giving it up for adoption. There are plenty of families out there that would dedicate their lives to loving that little one. Goodluck.

Also to the person who spoke about babies dont deserve positive attention because they dont do anything is ridiculous. Im guessing that you have not been around infants, or had any major responsibility with them. ALL CHILDREN NO MATTER WHAT AGE DESERVE THE SAME KIND OF ENERGY/POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT. No matter if it is a 3 week old, or a 8 year old. Babies arent stupid, they are amazing little beings that ABSORB everything that you put into them. Its more than just genetics, it is the environment. Especially how the family communicates, and spends time with the infant. From day one everything what you do as a mother matters.
    Some mothers can be biased, and baby a baby. Which is wrong. The best way is to keep having that loving energy no matter what age.

Also, it does get kind of annoying with people that do have baby favoritism.

14. RaZoRblAdEKiSsEs

RaZoRblAdEKiSsEs Member

i think babies are beautiful and what was really sad my ex bf woild make jokes about dead babies.

love.
    chelsea

15. Bro_Rific

Bro_Rific Banned

Most babies are way too fat and ugly. You're right! And besides, fat babies lead to fat adults. People get this dumb-ass idea that a fat baby is healthy. Tisk-tisk-tisk

16. Bro_Rific

Bro_Rific Banned

The stripper at the club I went to last nite called me "baby" but I ain't very cute! Go figure.

17. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

LMAO!
    Opps...Ok, next time I'll call you sir...