i don't get why people complain about migrant children in detainment

Discussion in 'Politics' started by StellarCoon, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

There's no jab in there. I was showing how jaded your logic seems to me. You wittingly say the parents are ok with their kids being separated and put in abominable conditions. I say they likely underestimated this possibility, just like in the case of the drowned father and kid they underestimated that could happen. It was not worth the risk and i don't think the parents see that differently. You however put it that in the case of how these kids are delt with they are ok with it.
    Sorry you have to find a real reason why you don't care to converse with me :D

2. I didn't have to find it, it was gleefully issued. As it usually is. Again, this is why I don't care to converse with you.

3. Asmodean

Ok as you choose (to imagine) :p

Anything on topic to add? Why do you say these parents are ok with it?

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

High level of denial

Lynnbrown likes this.
  5. Asmodean

He will choose not to converse with you because of this jab.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Oh well lol
    Gotta call a spade a spade
    But it wasnt directed at him specifically anyways, I am seeing a high level of denial from many people

Lynnbrown and Okiefreak like this.
  7. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

So I wonder if sleeping in a building with a roof over their head, in a protected environment, where none of the reasons they fled their homeland exist. In a cot/bed/sleeping bag, amongst other children of their own culture and plight is why the parents would rather them be in this situation. There are many examples throughout history where parents "give up" their children, to protect them and provide them with a better life. Kids leave their homelands with or without their parents, with the blessings of their parents.

If my kid and I trudged 2000 miles to escape being killed, I'd be OK that they had to be without soap and toothpaste. I didn't have that before anyway. They are going to have a better life even if it means they live like the first paragraph for X days/weeks/months. Not like it cost them anything for the free shelter they have now.

They know full well what they are faced with. CNN broadcast in every country I have ever been in south of the border. These people don't come here not knowing.

Children were "being ripped from their parents arms" for what 2+ years now.

And yet they increase in numbers to get here.

Hmmmmmm

MartNorth likes this.
  8. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Out of the frying pan, into the fire!

Lynnbrown likes this.
  9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

That is some spin

Lynnbrown likes this.
  10. MartNorth

MartNorth Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Seem to me more like outta the fire into the frying pan, which in this case is sitting off the stove.

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

12. onceburned

onceburned Banned

take care of our own children first

13. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

When we put other people's children in cages, they become our responsibility.

Driftrue, Meliai and StellarCoon like this.
  14. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

also they are our earth children. they come from our planet. they are our children.

15. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

This picture was recently released by the inspector Generals office of the Department of Homeland Security
    and they found squalid conditions and overcrowding in each of the border centers they paid a surprise visit to.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The deplorable conditions have led to outrage and protests across america

[​IMG]

16. Asmodean

This argument only makes sense for people who already see it like this. The responsibility for own actions (in this case seperating and locking them up under abominable conditions) argument seems better, as it is more difficult to refute sensibly. After all, it is fairly natural and people have the right to not see people from other countries as (equal in rights as) their own citizens.

17. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Yes, but I repeat it whenever the situation allows to instill the idea in people. Just like you will mention frequent fliers whenever relevant : )

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Thinking that people from other countries, or people from different ethnic groups, etc arent equal in rights is xenophobic and that sort of mentality is exactly what allows things like genocide to happen
    It's a perfectly fine argument to make.
    I would argue that that sort of mentality is not only unamerican (it's literally written in our bill of rights that ALL men are created equally, not that all Americans are created equally), it's incredibly dangerous.
    That sort of mindset has a way of progressing
    Right now its, "I'm fine with the neglect and dehumanization of children from a different country and ethnic group"
    What will it be tomorrow? What will people like onceburned be okay with tomorrow?

I've always heard that argument, that we should take care of our own first. And now we're a nation that takes children away from families, locks them in cages, neglects and dehumanizes them. And people are okay with this. We're watching the progression of that mentality right before our eyes

We should be making drift's argument, we should be calling out xenophobia and pointing out the dangerous consequences of it

Driftrue likes this.
  19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Damn I gotta stop typing so much. This subject really gets me worked up

20. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

We could also remember that nothing is static and one day our great grandchildren may need another country to give a fuck about their welfare.

Meliai likes this.