I don't get the appeal anymore...bunk family

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by LSDawson, Dec 26, 2005.

1. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

some great points here people. often the emphasis is on the wrong things. i guess it`s what "sells" family. & sadly is partly what has kept family alive. several people have said they couldn`t stand grateful dead music unless stoned. & it can be rather difficult to tout peace & love when lust, drug addiction, etc. get truly in the way. peace & love have almost become a "sidelined" effect, which is "worse" than a side effect. & honestly these things are really hard for me to say, cuz i`ve spent many happy yrs w/ family, & still am.

2. 52~unknown~52

52~unknown~52 Member

i have never been to a rainbow gathering, but it is something i would like to do in my lifetime. I don't know much other than its appreciating nature, and praying for peace with like-minded people. hopefully when i do venture across the boarder there will be less "gutter punks" and bikers, and more peaceable and decent people. however, i dont mind talking to people whatever thier outward appearence may be

3. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

Question- why does the BLM and USFS hate the Rainbow Family?

4. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

not all govt officials hate rainbows. our state dept of cons had good things to say about us although local law enforcement was called down on us a couple of yrs ago. i think this was only cuz we had an event same place 2 yrs in a row. even tho it was a small one. i tend to stick w/ small gatherings. however, i`d go 2 a big one if there were a huge issue 2 protest or promote. i think some officials don`t like the fact most of us don`t sign permits is one reason.

5. Rainbowtoke

Rainbowtoke Member

We had a good working relationship with the Colville NFS here in Washington for our regional and we were respected by them. Not one citation was written for the entire regional... Lets do that again at Annual 2011... Peace.

6. Rainbowtoke

Rainbowtoke Member

Oh and to stay on topic, im not cool at all with what happened at Shawnee. The same thing could have happened here in WA. but because of some cool heads it didnt. Too much of a "Mob" mentality instead of Shanti Sena keeping and creating peace. How do you call yourselves peaceful and duct tape someone to the PEACE POLE? Yeah I saw a lot of "bunk fam" and I think the inet perpetuates that. Keep our gatherings off the internet and keep it word of mouth only and you will find, i feel, will be less shwag fam and festies showin up.

7. uitar9

uitar9 Member

The Times they are a changin' and always will.

You wanna live the life? Peace, love? a little herb?

Then live YOUR life. One life at a time. Effect the people you come into contact with, one person at a time.

Don't be surprised that there are dirtbags? There have always been dirtbags. Burned out, dirty thieves who use the scene as a cover to get by without giving back. They were there when I lived my life through the 60's , early 70's and they are there now.

I'm not disallusioned, I just practice "safe life"

8. SavannahVanVan

SavannahVanVan Guest

all i know is the last gathering i went to was a major disappointment..I feel like everyone there forgot the purpose of the whole thing, its like A camp is infiltrating! Not that i have a problem with drunk punx, but sometimes ppl need to learn how not to be n ass and ruin everyones good time..

9. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

If I ever get a chance to go to a gathering, the only thing that will hold me back is that I don't want to meet the folks from the Death Camp.

Rumors abound about how bad it got when they were there.

10. Rainbowtoke

Rainbowtoke Member

Dont let Death Camp rumors get to you. They were here in Wa. with Fat Kids and the only time they were out of hand is when they dismantled Fat Kids kitchen and stole the bus window from Miss Yes and gave it to Mud kitchen to serve food from. Mostly a friendly prank thats all. Death Camp is just a family with some unruly younger kids that are not afraid to be mean. Respect them and you will get the same in return maybe...
    Oh yeah there was a rumor that Death camp had "Free Dose" but it turned out that they had "Frito's" and it was all bad...LOL!
    Love You Death Camp!!