I don't get the appeal anymore...bunk family

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by LSDawson, Dec 26, 2005.

1. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

ive never been to an american gathering before, this year will be my first,
    I can tell you the ones I saw in canada felt like home, I mean there were cats smoking some herb or maybe some mushrooms here and there, but no A camp, no boozin in the lots....I did see some cats sharing some wine around a fire, but it was tranquil....

I was speaking to some folk about this american rainbows and Im getting more and more turned off, I mean I shouldnt have tp worry about locking up my bus at a gathering, but thats what Im hearing states side gatherings are like, I have a frined just hiked to ocala called me a while back saying man these hippies carry guns......the fuck is that about?

next thing I know Im getting threatened with violence folk not liking the way my bus runs....resulting to violence???
    still on then Im getting some so called rainbow elders or whatever they want to call themselves phoning me up wanting my address so the can come and burn my bus down.....man this is before setting into the woods

I mean I like the intent behind the rainbow family,
    but from what Im getting to know american family has some serious serious identity problems.......I mean since when did this ideal become violent?
    or about taking without giving back.....???

still though Im glad that at least some folk are trying to bring change into the world...

2. Gh0sTiNnyc

Gh0sTiNnyc Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

quit ya bitchin'
    and have a beer

3. Papillon

Papillon Member

Hello I read through this post and found much of my own concerns and thoughts expressed by so many. I posted a topic today, a long reply to some one I found on myspace asking me what I meant by being a hippie. It is long but I think it would interest people here. Here is the link http://www.hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160479
    Hey blinkin I love yer bus I had and lived in a bus for 17 years. I had put another level on it.
    About the negative we all recognize at the gatherings. I think we tend to blow the negative as well as the positive for those who see it in rainbow gatherings out of proportion. That is the way the mind works.

4. Papillon

Papillon Member

OK that sucks I just posted my last blurb without finishing. I wish I knew how I think my keyboard is screwed up. Or maybe the secret world goverment has filled it with little traps.
    So about blowing things out of proportion. One thing for sure is that for many rainbows the bliss type well we are the profetic people the hopi talked about. The world is one big rainbow gathering and everybody is rainbow family if they got the belly button! And we should just hold are hearts together in a big home circle and immagine ouselves holding hands with every person on earth who for that one instant have turned on!
    That means your also thinking of your brothers in light like Stalin Adolph Hittler and Rumsfield and Bush Condolesca Rice and all those beutiful people too. Its all good man
    !
    When you talk to some people about oh say doing something different they can never break away from that rainbow gathering buzz.
    And they totally believe that that is it and all hippies and rainbow are the same!
    The problem with that is they dont go and examine other cool hippie things that are out there and when they do they are constantly trying to bring that rainbow buzz into it.
    There is a lot of life out there. Lots of hip scenes with really cool honest and real people including in the rainbow. There is a reason for hippie vision or rainbow vision and that is why we are here talking about it.
    I would love to see a much broader anti conformist free thinking conciousness art music and societal mouvement that could step into the world we live in as a inspiring colorful contributor like the hippies were.
    I do not beleive that the main reason is that in our tribes we bread so much disfuntion like a-camp and all the things written here and that I know is true.
    I beleive that it is because there is not enough substance and reality to our talk.
    Papillon
    http://www.myspace.com/papilion_king
    http://www.beadsongs.org/

5. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

Hey Papillon, I dont know if you remember me from vera Cruz last year, my names Crystal and I spin fire.....Neway a bunch of us that were at that gathering are hangin in Guatemala right now and you came up in conversation last night along with dave and the other beautiful elders at that gathering. I just wanted to say hi and thank you shining so bright!

6. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

this summer will be my first rainbow gathering. I've been to many many many other type of gatherings and I will tell you that there are bad people where ever you go. Never look at the negatives in life, always the positives! :) I've been to festivals where I had to carry everything that I brought because people were stealing from me left and right. I had no food for the weekend because someone had the nerve to steal mine. I doubt that this will happen at the rainbow gathering, but I will be prepared by just bringing what I need. This bro that started this thread seems to be experiencing the syndrome of jadedism. There's a cure! Look at the positives!

7. candyvision

candyvision Member

omg, where to start. I was not impressed by WV either, though i did have a good time, stories about a few seed camp "incidents" still wigh heavy on my heart because i believe in energy manifested. though of course i will be in CO this year because i am a rainbow and feel it is my responsibility to plug in with positive love energy, if we don't who will.
    the reason i keep on coming home is simple:
    if loving people stop coming to rainbow because of misled and hatefull people, then that will be all there is. and rainbow will cease to be. replaced by shwillies in the woods, completely bunk and non productive. that can not happed ever because rainbow is home to all of us who realize babylon as the beast that it is and refuse to play that game anymore.
    i believe that the heartbeat will never stop. but like any living entity, sickness and growing pangs are unavoidable.
    please teach our kids what this all means, no more lost souls running to rainbow just for a place to be. look after our newbies so they don't get the wrong idea, ever tried taking one of those beggers and leading them down to the heart. to free kind food, or sending some idle kids on HUG PATROL.

SIDE NOTE, i was taught, "i think it's in the guide too" that any NON-VIOLENT person with a belly button can be a rainbow. when did it change to just anybody. (still not sure if "aliens" can be rainbows too)

old law----an it harm ye none, do what though wilt.

new law---do what though wilt.

i saw pretty much the same thing happen to the rave scene, it was basicly invaded by the bad element until the bad element was the majority. now the thing is so criminal in nature that it is easily controlled by the government and worse.

please don't let this happed to our home, i think that awareness of the situation is the key. not blind optimism.

lovin all rainbow warriors

FuzzElogic

8. candyvision

candyvision Member

oh yeah, doesn't it make sense that the rainbow foundation of love and NON-VIOLENCE should apply to everybody and not just those of us who aren't alchoholics. security starts at home.

quit looking the other way.

peaceandlove.

FuzzElogic

9. Papillon

Papillon Member

Hello Crystal. The cigarette faerie" With the beutiful black dreads or dark brown. Your from BC but now your living in Guate right on" !I put a bunch of the raingow footage from catemaco on my web site, I have you in it remember that morning afyer yhae full moon fire nught!
    I love yoooooooo sssssssssoooooooooo ttttttttttooooooooo
    Papillon

10. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

Yeah thats me. Good memory! I hate that alot of people form that gathering remember me as the cigarette faery....ces´t la vie. I checked out your site and couldn´t find the Catemaco stuff. Its a cool site though, good on ya. keep shinin brother. I´ll be back in Canada soon enough. Are you gonna be at the Kwebec gathering this year?

11. sunshine and pearls

sunshine and pearls Member

I have always wanted to go to a rainbow function and then a friend who used to go told me all these things about stealing and violence and watch out for so and so. Then I read these posts about some of the same things. Now I feel like I have missed out on something that I have wanted to be a part of since childhood, something that I would get joy from. I am missing this as a result of fear of violence. I decided to go this year because it is in my part of the country, but now I'm not sure again. I wonder if I would be able to find people who are kind and loving or if i will only meet these individuals mentioned who will cause harm. How will I know where to put up my tent so I don't get robbed or hurt. Maybe if I had some direction or mission of helping I would be able to divert my fears.

12. passiflora16

passiflora16 Member

sunshine and pearls....

when i had attended my first gathering i had went with expectations in my mind of what i would find...peace, love, harmony. these are the things you hear of the Rainbow. to my dismay i also found violence, drug abuse, and a plethora of lost souls. but these things did not keep me from attending again. no matter where you go in life you can easily find the negativity surrounding you. but it takes a stronger individual to rise up and find the light. when you find the light then you know you have found Home.

the Michigan gathering in 02 was a turning point in my life. this was the second gathering i had attended. while entering through the Acamp and witnessing two fist fights in less than five minutes, i thought to myself "oh no, not again." but as i wandered down the trail to the heart i was greeted by a Warrior with my first "Welcome Home Brother" hug. you could see the light in his eyes and truly feel the love in his heart. these are the people that make Rainbow what it is.

shortly after high noon circle and the Rainbow that formed around the sun that day, and no i wasn't high, i had to unfortunately return to the likes of babylon and the mundane world in which we live. to make a long story short, the point is that Rainbow, as well as everyday life, is what you make it. you must find the light wherever you roam. do not let a few negative actions scare you from going to your first gathering. i guarantee you that with the first true "Welcome Home Sister" hug you receive....you'll always be Rainbow.

13. Papillon

Papillon Member

I think the world has a lot of negativity. That is one of the causes people look for sanctuaries and good places to take deep breaths and muscle up for the long journey ahead. Rainbow gatherings should could and might ba one of those places, A lot has to do on how you make it. If you go to one and you plug in with people to cook and do the work you will find a much better experience than if you stroll around constanly trying to see the groove. Bring ideas to the gathering think of what you could do to contribute to the positive. Maybe putting on some workshop or comming with the idea to write a collective song about something cool. Maybe a legalise pot song or a circle song and with the friends you meet in your crews kitchen or shantesena bring in your songs ideas your improvs and just DO. And the fucked up stuff will roll off of you like a soap bubble. Sleezy people at rainbows dont like work they may come on as these high holy wariors and look busy but they are usually far from the real work they stay closer to the hastles like the parking lots where they can bum and do their power tripping.
    Dont stay with them move when your heart and insides tell you to.
    I love you all.
    Papillon

14. passiflora16

passiflora16 Member

right on brother ;)

15. LSDawson

LSDawson Member

met some really amazing rainbow kids this weekend while on tDB tour. however, we helped out one of them and gave him a ride to the next show and a place to stay and he ruined the trip for some of my friends. all he talked about was the kids he had beef with and how he was gonna "leave them retarded. fucking, i'm gonnna blow a qtr. gram of crystal (L) in the fuckers faces" he was all about himself and thought calling people "kid" was sweet. sorry brah (casey jones), you are 21 and a fake. the stealie tat is such a joke. you are a liar.

come leave me retarded

(i never said i was rainbow either; the peace and love bullshit only goes so far. you need to address these problems and doing it rainbow probably won't cut it)

16. candyvision

candyvision Member

i've bmet the kid your talking about bro. and i'm not argueing at all. however it doesn't look like he's around to defend himself. and slamming someone without them even around hurts your case more than it helps. there are a lot of kids who grow up thinking that it's all about being famous rainbow celeb whathefuck, or being the most connected baddest sob there ever was in the woods.
    but there is know way for caring family to heal the world in a peacefull manner if we allow exceptions for violence for the individual. one thing thats always pissed me off about hippies is how quick we are to embark on witchunts. the irony is stifling.

17. Jennasia

Jennasia Member

Unfortunately that's just human nature. You can't get a large group of people together and expect peace and unity. It would be nice but I'm afraid it's impossible.

18. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

man some shit talkin here..

tis why the net is bad for rainbow..

casey jones..

okey dokey..

19. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

ha ha the only guns I've seen at a gathering is on the rangers on the horses, as for locking your bus up?? its just safe practice outta 20,000 folks your bound to have a few bad apples it just happens.. now I've never been to a east coast gathering but I would assume being over there in the more populated ares its just eaiser for the bad apples to get to the gatherings, I mean 100 mile drive vs a 1000 is going to weed out the bad apples. (ok east coast folk don't hate me know lol) its just the odds of the enviroment over there on the east coast ***TOO MANY PEOPLE*** lol... but some like it......... Sooooooo.... I believe over here the west coast gatherings (minus the cali one which is also a heavily populated area, didnt go either.) You will find more dedicated people and thats proven through the miles they have to drive to get to it.... am I making sense??? but ya... give it a shot first before you decide its to violent, I've never seen one violent act at my 4 gahterings..... just lots of I love you's........ laters man....

Mike...

20. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

hey in canada theres shanti sian (spelled wrong maybe but sounds the same)

kinda like a peace patrol, if anything goes down someone yells that they come over and give out hugs? wondering iof any folk heard of that states side.

I know at teh world gathering in quebec 2 years ago, some kids had stolen from some cars, so they were made to chop wood fo a few hours, but I never saw any A camp, Im curious as to what an A camp entails anyway?.....

in fairness bro Ive never been to a rainbow that I didnt have to drive over six hours to get too. most of them actually take a few days....
    but that does make sence abouyt the east coast and population...

I have only heard of guns at gatherings from ocala and I wasnt there a friend had left and told me it was nuts...

never locked my bus up at the world gathering in quebec, nor nitnat, nor manitoba...dont think there was 20 000k folk though, I think maybe I would in that situation...and in any american circles till I got a different vibe from what I keep seeing.
    people are people there is good in the bad and bad in the good.
    I think as humans its also our nature to judge very harshly anything that comes accross as a "good thing"
    even if it still is in the whole humans myself included has some instinct to poke holes at it.....
    maybe it makes us feel better...or some shit