I dont believe in drinking to death

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Grandeur, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Grandeur

Grandeur Members

It is almost impossible to overdose on alcohol.

You will vomit when you have too much alcohol. You wont die.

I am telling you as a drunk.

2. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

3. Grandeur

Grandeur Members

Drinking to death is as hard as dying of corona.

4. Grandeur

Grandeur Members

I dont believe in corona, either.

5. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

You can destroy your liver from drinking too much.

6. Grandeur

Grandeur Members

Yeah but you cannot overdose. Thats what I am saying.

Alcohol will hurt you in long time. Not drinking too much at once.

7. Grandeur

Grandeur Members

By overdose, I meant dying.

8. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

Yeah, usually you pass out before you reach the point where it would kill you. I think people sometimes die of alcohol poisoning when they drink heavily for a long time and build up a tolerance. Then they quit for a while and their body loses its tolerance. Then they start drinking again like they did, but their body can't handle it anymore.

That's how it is with drugs, too. I think Janis Joplin died like that from heroin. She quit for a while and then decided to do a little more one day, but her tolerance was gone.

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

beer is beer and everclear is everclear. they're both alky but the levels of concentration are at opposite ends.

you can pretend anything doesn't exist if you want to. and the universe will cheerfully pretend you don't just fine too.

guess which one wins first.

can and will are two different things, but the more times you roll dice, the more likely you are to see them come up a particular number.

the universe of rocks and trees and galaxies, really doesn't give a whole lot of shits, whatever however many humans, choose to believe or disbelieve.

the unknown is unknown, but harm can be observed.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  10. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

& I suppose you also believe the earth is flat..

11. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

Actually alcohol supresses the respiratory system, if you drink enough and pass out you can stop breathing and die that way, or you can die slowly from liver failure. you can also pass out and choke on your own vomit, or even suffer acute alcohol poisoning, either way it will be recorded as death due to excessive alcohol on a PM report.

Cookie Man likes this.
  12. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Grandeur, don't be a bloody fool - one can die from alcoholic poisoning by drinking to excess !!! - watch the video !!!

Cookie Man likes this.
  13. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

Don't want to mention any names, but some claim a couple of rock stars, choked to death in their own vomit. No names because it might not be true.

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

Actually it's beer. Not high alcohol beer. But the average beer. Someone already drunk starts to pound beers, be heroes in drinking game, chug chug it's only beer..

15. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I almost died of alcohol poisoning on New Year’s Eve 1967. My boss and I were drinking rye whiskey straight. Soon we were both in a blackout.....not passed out, blackout and kept on drinking. As my wife and I left to go home, I was suddenly out of the blackout and realized I was loosing feeling in my arms and legs...central nervous system shutting down. Fortunately my wife was sober and drove me to the Iron Mountain ER. A 25 mile trip on icy roads at minus 36 F. Oh yes, it is perfectly possible to die from alcohol poisoning.

16. Grandeur

Grandeur Members

Passing out is normal.

I passed out after drinking like 100 times but no dying. You pass out long before you can overdose. So you cannot die of overdose.

17. Vladimir Illich

Grandeur - you're a prat !!! - an excess of alcohol in your system can lead to your death due to alcoholic poisoning !!!

18. Grandeur

Grandeur Members

When you have too much to drink, you will vomit it out. So you cannot really ovderdose.

What is much more dangerious than alcohol itself is your behaviour when drunk. You dont know what you are doing.

To overdose on alcohol and die, maybe you shoot inject booze rather than drinking booze.

19. Grandeur

Grandeur Members

He doesnt look like he is dying. He just passes out.

20. Vladimir Illich

Grandeur, appreciate, not everyone vomits and the alcohol is destroying your insides whilst it remains there !!!