I did it!!!

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by rayne_lyric, Jun 7, 2006.

1. rayne_lyric

rayne_lyric Member

For those of you following my other thread, I DID ask her out. I will type more details about it later but I got her number and stuff. I was as confident as I could be, but was nervous as fuck...

2. Brand New Soul

Brand New Soul Senior Member

Nope sorry I haven't been fallowing your other threads. But Congrads on asking the girl you like out :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You where brave and it showed :)

3. rayne_lyric

rayne_lyric Member

Okay, sorry but I had to call my "dating counselor" (okay, actually my sister in law's sister, who I actually have a brother/sister like relationship-I am the brother, by the way ;)). She knows the girl and such, so she helped me interpret what she meant...

So here is how it went down: I went up to her and said: Hey, would you like to go out some time? And she replied (THIS is where I got REALLY confused, because it was DEFFINATELY mixed signals being sent... at least to a simple guy such as I) "Maybe". However, her body language showed that is was like, not an awkward maybe or anything... She smiled and gave a sort of "yes" style body language... so my Dating Couselor said that this was probably a sign that she had maybe never thought of me in that way, and it kind of put the thought in her head, or something like that...

BUT!!! She gave me her number, which is effin awesome! So my dating couselor suggested, knowing this girls personality, my personality, and the fact that I am really nervous about it, suggested that we do a group thing, like play disc golf or something like that. Which I think I am actually gonna do... Because I think that we would BOTH feel kind of awkward in a "date" type setting, since we don't really know each other TOO well...

But I hope either one of two things: My nervousness didn't show (which I am sure it did... I put my hands in my pockets to hide the fact that they were trembling from the vast amounts of adrenaline pumping through my body... which I was later thinking "Aww fuck! That was a bad idea!". But anyways, the OTHER (more likely) thing I could hope for is that she is one of the girls who find awkward boys to be cute, or something... I don't think my voice was trembling, but I was burning up and I know my face was really red... Aww man... I can't beleive she even gave me a "maybe"... Hahaha...

4. rayne_lyric

rayne_lyric Member

Whoa, thanks!

5. Shambhala Peace

Shambhala Peace Senior Member

Yay! Congrats! :D

6. spooner

spooner is done.

is she hot?

7. Micha

Micha Now available in Verdana!

how cute :D

8. rayne_lyric

rayne_lyric Member

Yeah! Of course such a thing is opinionated, but I really think she it. She is also really short (5'1) so I don't feel as awkward being short (5'6-5'7) onsidering there are several girls that are as tall as/taller than me, hahaha. by the way spooner, if you remember, you said I wasn't gonna do it... We should have made a bet of some sort...

9. rayne_lyric

rayne_lyric Member

Thanks!

Which part?

10. spooner

spooner is done.

Fair enough.

Chicks are trouble though, be careful.

11. Micha

all of it :D

i'm short
    4'11

got beef? :H

12. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

why yes, yes i do :H

13. rayne_lyric

rayne_lyric Member

Even the part of me being very awkward?

No, no beef here... makes me feel taller! I would feel odd being with a girl who towers over me... I knew this one guy who was pushing 7 foot, if he wasn't and he dated my aforementioned "Dating coach" for a while , who is also kinda short (Umm... like maybe 5'3 or 5'4?)... Kind of an odd site but I know another guy who is about the same height who is married to a woman close to that height.

14. Micha

:D

15. spooner

spooner is done.

i don't know a single girl taller than me. I've seen them, but you know, at circus and carnivals. Breeding giraffes. Etc.

16. rhasta.penguin

i huged this girl that was at least 6'6''...it was quite a trip :D

17. spooner

spooner is done.

Bah - you've never met the Gremlin.

18. rhasta.penguin

not sure if i want to

19. spooner

spooner is done.

Its this chick who has a head 2/3rds the size of normal, and the body of a three year old. she rips around vancouver on this weird customized motorized wheelchair.

whats even worse is that she drinks at sfu parties sometimes... i can't stand looking at her, i feel so bad.

20. rayne_lyric

rayne_lyric Member

How tall are you? I knew this one girl in elementary school who was probably maybe 5'8 or so in the 6th grade. Last I heard she was up to like maybe 6'6 or soemthing? I haven't seen her in a long time... But man, she was tall...