I Despise...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by honeyhannah, May 29, 2004.

1. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

Big family events, and now I am off to a two day family event, bleh
    ...and my feelings are hurt already, poor feelings, they probably won't make it back....

Oh well, peace.

*sighs*

2. schatzi

schatzi Member

ewwww, I know what you mean. good luck!!!

3. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

Awww, why are your feelings hurt?

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I loathe family events.

5. dhs

dhs Senior Member

I dig family events of mine - then again, I have a big ole irish family who simply love to have a good time. It's more pass the whisky activities than pinching cheeks and oh' how big you are now.

6. meishka

meishka Grease Munky

i love family. if you don't have family wat have you got? who are you? and food. where theres family theres food.

7. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

To understand why the family works watch the simpsons...
    I am remebering an episode: bart you don't want to play ball with your dad or something?
    Eat my shorts or something... damn dad.
    Dad feels horribly rejected.
    A moment later, Dads Dad says, son, wanna throw some ball with your dad?
    Son screams at Dad says get the hell out of here or something, Dad feels rejected.
    Hmm....

8. makno

makno Senior Member

you can not reap all you sow.

9. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

my mom says that :mad:

10. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Family gatherings are okay at times. Usually it just depends on my mood.

You'll survive, Mera! :D

11. mick_jagger_is_so_hi

mick_jagger_is_so_hi Member

I don't like them either. Theres always either trying to be cool uncles, snobby aunties trying to run my life or evil, EVIL little cousins.

12. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

My family events are fun because inevitably we just go to the beach and nobody really feels obligated to spend time with anybody else except at dinner.

Rochelle's family events are awful with everybody getting into everybody else's business and being judgemental. I've carefully cultivated the reputation of being a drunk to them. They think of me as trash, but at least they leave me alone.

13. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

I can honestly say that I'm the oddball in my family.

They're all italian and are heavy meat-eaters, and all the food they serve there contains meat. And since I'm a vegetarian...

They believe in war and violence, basically, they are the opposite of everything I stand for.

14. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

*herbal smells a war brewin'
    You can't loose by not winning.

15. joe

joe Banned

Some family parties are wonderful, but all the parties in my family seem to end in drunken brawls and someone bleeding

Alot of irresponsible drinking and violence out of even a little girls fifth birthday!!!
    its insane, but to me family is all that you got and its what i love the most

16. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I would describe my family gatherings as "interesting." That may not be saying much, but they're never boring. Actually, the last time I attended a family reunion on my dad's side of the family, some of the folks thought I was 14 or 15 - and that was three years ago! Usually, I'm never excited to go to any family gathering (for whatever reason), but afterwards, I'm usually glad I went to them.

17. Spuff

Spuff Where's my ciggies?

I do agree with you but you should consider yourself lucky ... I haven't spoken to ANYONE in my family (other than my sister and parents) in years and I'm not likely to see them again.

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

never been to enough such things to feel any one way or another about it. only time i've ever been to one i was 11 years old (that would make it more then 40 years ago!) and it was all the way on the other side of the country from where i lived (which was 'just up the road' from where i'm living now) at the time. this was my mom's side of the familty. my mom's and my dad's sides of the family were mutualy prejudiced against each other and from my dad's side as far as i know i've never met anyone. this is a very large part of why we were living (and i grew up and still live) on the opposite side of the continent of north america from where both of their kindred were settled. (mom's folks from nyny and lonGUYland as they pronounced it, my dad's being from upstate new york and or massatwoshits, however the hell it's spelled)