I Could Have Died

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by TheSatoricalNewsGuy, Feb 15, 2016.

1. TheSatoricalNewsGuy

TheSatoricalNewsGuy Members

When I was 18 I wanted a cross branded on my chest. Or at least some kind of cross shapped scarification over my heart. I did research and no one in my town would do them. One town questioned if it was legal. So I researched people who may lve close, or people who travel, and I heard about Brian Decker. I saw his work and wanted him to come to my town so bad. I told a friend about my hunger for feeling my skin burn and he told me I wouldn't be able to handle it. He punked me down so much I went and grabbed coat hanger and took out the connecting cardboard piece and I held the curved end over a lighter for as long as I could. Then I took it and touched it to my foot and held it there while counting confidently out loud to 3 while looking him in his eyes. He was laughing at how confident I was in my ability to burn my self like a dumbass and not flinch. However, that got my adrenile pumping and I shaped the coat hanger in to a cross and did the work I was hoping Brian Decker would be able to do. It actually looked great and came out well. I even get compliments on it at the beach. I am fortunate though, cause underneath all my jelously fuled zeal all the reasearch I did about how to DIY them (I did research that as a possibility) went out the window. Using a coat hanger is not a good idea. Lots of times they are made out of plated metals which can flake off and get in your skin and infections and other complications. Think before you DIY a bodymod. It happens and I understand. You have the itch right where you want the new design, but you gotta wait until it can be done properly.

I do have other brands since then, and the are DIY, but they were doesn with a soldering iron that has never been use for soldering and the tip is changed everytime. As well lots of rubbing alchol is used on my arm and on the iron. I do not recomend DIY's, but if you MUST make sure you do reasearch and take every step possible to make sure you aren't putting yourself in danger. Also, never do something just to spite someone. Think about it first. With that said, I love all my bands and will post them in this thread later cause my camera isn't working right now. But I have a cross on my chest, a key on my right forearm and pie (math) on my left forearm. What do you have?

2. WonderlostVW73

WonderlostVW73 Midwest Librarian

I tried that in high school but it didn't take well enough to be noticeable unless I point it out and I've since put a tattoo over it.The second time I tried it was better but still no where close to professional looking.

I've seen professional ones and I think they look better on black guy than some tattoo's do. White skin doesn't provide enough contrast for it to be appealing to me and I happen to be a person who likes scars.

I have several large surgery scars as well; and one is 8 inches long and runs down the side of my face but you can't tell anymore unless I point it out. I had 3rd degree burns on the bottoms of my feet and those scars healed up too. I don't scar easily I guess.

The best thing about one of my ex boyfriends was the scar he had from being almost cut in half by a car.

It's all good, but I implore you to go to a pro.