I can't talk about money with my boyfriend

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Penny, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

It's terrible, but he gets in this really bad mood every time! But it's important - I don't know what to do.

Like I owe him all this money.. and I'm not allowed to talk about how bad it makes me feel, or plans I have to pay him back..

And like.. I don't know, every time he doesn't wanna talk about something, he just shuts off or leaves like.. we can't resolve anything.

Advice please.

2. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

maybe you can write him a letter expressing how you feel and how you'd like to communicate with him better.

3. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I have done that. Didn't really work.

4. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

Tell him you're gonna give him the best blowjob of his life but it would require that you tie him up first. Then when he's properly secured and you have his attention, then you can tell him about your feelings... all of them. The best part about it is if he gets really mad at you he's still tied up and you can finish him off with a really great blowjob. So he's unlikely to stay mad by the time it's all said and done. The downside to this is that he might expect the same treatment every time you have a heart to heart.. but... that's the price you may have to pay. :cool:

5. nakedtreehugger

nakedtreehugger craaaaaazy

tell him that you're concerned for your relationship with him if you guys can't figure out better ways of communicating.

maybe his communication style is just different from yours. i know when something is bothering me between tim and i, i tell him about it, and he gets really quiet, i think he's shutting me out.... and then i keep talking to him, and i realize that he's just processing, and sometimes he needs some time to process before talking about it more. but it seems like he's in a bad mood because he's just processing what we needed to talk about.

but definitely keep trying to communicate with him. because communication is of utmost importance in a relationship.

6. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

My advice is, don't talk about it anymore. Whenever you get money, give him some of it.

How much money are we talking about here?

7. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

How much and how long have you owed him money?

Next time, make sure to have a fail proof way of repaying him before he lends money to you.

8. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

This is actually pretty serious. You can try your best to understand him and find out what he needs for communication, but it's a two way street. If he can't meet you half way then you're in for some serious problems down the road. A relationship can't withstand that without becoming highly dysfunctional.

9. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Wow. That's bloody brilliant :D

10. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

stand up, tell him "listen here needle dick, we gotta talk."

and if he does his usual, you grab yourself a brick and smack that fucker upside the head.

I guarantee, and will place a monetary bet, that he will be much more open, and willing to talk to you about very important aspects of your relationship. and possibly quite horny too.

11. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

You know, you could always do something incredibly economical and free for Valentine's Day to let him know that you're serious on curbing your spending and making savings to pay him buy.

12. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

i agree this is really serious tho

13. nakedtreehugger

nakedtreehugger craaaaaazy

penny, is your frustration that you don't have the money to pay him back right now, or is it more that there are things you can't communicate with him about?

cause it sounds to me like you guys have a pretty serious situation in your relationship if there are things you guys just can't communicate on. i don't know how you see this relationship going in the future, but if you're considering anything even remotely long term, this communication issue needs to be resolved, and pronto. you can't have a good, solid relationship if you aren't able to communicate well.

14. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I owe him 360 dollars. I just feel guilty about not being able to pay him back right away, I've owed him this money for 6 months and have been struggling paying other things I had to pay for.

And I am seriously concerned about our communication. It's really bad. I went over this with him and told him what I'd like, but he's remained the same..

15. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

That's diabolical. :)

16. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

dump him, stiff him the money, and use your condoms on someone you better connect and communicate with.

but that might be a bit harsh.

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, that's just mean.

let him keep the condoms.

18. ToFunToDie

ToFunToDie Senior Member

Maybe he doesn't want you to pay him back?

19. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

it's just.. I guess it's what nakedtreehugger said - we don't communicate the same way - he needs to think about things for days when I need to talk right away - I need to solve things, and hate it when he just.. leaves the room, or just.. won't talk to me.. cause he doesn't know what to say yet.. it's very hard for me. I can't stand to go days with an issue up in the air.. and not be able to discuss it.

20. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Pay him back with anal sex.