I cant fight in my dreams...

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by Shinigami002, Nov 27, 2011.

1. ShamanistiK

ShamanistiK Member

Love your comments Black Lotus...

What happens in my dreams is not being able to run. It happens when I think about what I'm doing. It's like I slowly realize that I am running (noticing the physical movements of it, the speed, the direction..) then it's like I'm in water, trying to run as hard as I can. Then I grab a hold of whatever I can to move me forward, which makes it harder!

Then I simply look at where I'm going, focus forward without thinking of the what running implies in the physical, then I'm running again. I can do the same with levitating...it's a matter of WILL!

2. Psychedelic_Buddha

Psychedelic_Buddha Member

Well what i did was started a nice regiment of meditation and self reflection. I would go out on long camping trips alone and just get back into touch with myself. It took quite some time but i found that the only love and happiness that i need in my life is self love and self happiness. I need nothing and no one to make me happy or make myself feel good about myself. Since all that my life has blossomed into something that i could be proud of.

3. Ratio

Ratio Member

My interpretation of dreams containing a "fighting the monster" theme is that it sybolizes an inner struggle of the conscious mind against the deeper urges and desires. Not being able to actually fight the monster effectively, or even loosing could mean a lack of self-control.

4. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

i know this thread is like 3 years old but i'd like to add that i've had this type of dream myself.

when i go to punch someone in a dream it's usually very difficult and takes a lot of effort but the punch ends up being very weak, or just never seems to do any damage no matter how many times i hit them.

it's almost like my arms are really stiff or something.

5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Because they are under the blankets...

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i found direct confrontation difficult in a dream shaping contest too. i don't entirely understand why the other two finalists where better able to face it then i was. i'm glad at least one did.
    i suppose, as in any contest, we can never control all factors. perhaps my mistake was in attempting to. i was just unable to see a way around doing so, other then to allow the third finalist to rescue me. which was indeed the outcome.

being the three finalists, we must all three, obviously have somehow already defeated many others.

direct confrontation was indeed unexpected, and has only happened that once, since the time in my childhood when by patience, perseverance, and love, i had, in a sense, cured, the cause of my own bad dreaming for many decades to come.

7. ScrubPuppy

ScrubPuppy Member

I had a dream like that when I was a kid. There was another kid who was the object of my aggression at the time, but in my dream I couldn't swing my arms to hit him. It's just as well because the other kid really didn't do anything to deserve my attention. I was being an asshole. We never did trade punches and actually became friends.

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i sort of think the dream world is trying to tell us, direct physical force, certainly IN the dream world, is pretty much doing things the hard way.

you could probably more easily make someone fall on their ass by distorting the space around them.

but why not turn a bad situation to something good. it may be easier to be something like a psionic god, in the dream world, then to do things physically in the waking one.

i mean you remake and remix things by shaping them, by which i mean, in dreams, what ifs, tend to become almost instantly real.

that's the way the universe in mine seems to work.
    you can almost force nothing, but as soon as you think "what if" that's almost always what you get, with some little twist to where it isn't always exactly.

really makes me wonder if there isn't a parallel universe somewhere that works that way.

i, for one, wouldn't mind living in it if there is.