I can't believe no one's talking about the goddamn heat!

Discussion in 'Living on the Earth' started by newo, Jun 29, 2021.

1. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

scratcho, granite45 and Tyrsonswood like this.
  4. newo

It's been in the 80s here in Portland the past week, we've been lucky compared to most of the West. 130 degrees in Death Valley, and over 110 in many populated areas. I can see the wildfires being twice as bad as they were last year.

[​IMG]

Piobaire and granite45 like this.
  5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

7. Varmint

Varmint Member

My reply: Bitch-slap away. I think it's a bunch of ignorant crap and will continue to. Fact is, we've had hot and cold cycles throughout history. One famous cold period gave a well-known violinist the finest spruce ever for his work and we still have some of these fine pieces with us today.

As for the heat, I'm rather enjoying it and don't see anything alarming about it at all, despite the media hysteria over it. I've been watching the media's ravings with amusement for decades. Better get used to it. I hear a period of REAL intense heat is coming, and it's gonna' burn up a lot of plant life. Perhaps a solar flare will hit the earth and roast a lot of things? Unlike these rather tame "heat waves" I've seen over the last 60 yrs, it will actually be serious.

Toecutter likes this.
  8. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

12814315_10153677743989550_5921303116027525754_n.jpg

Tyrsonswood and granite45 like this.
  9. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

10. newo

Remember this bumper sticker?

[​IMG]

granite45 likes this.
  11. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I’ll bet you science teacher would pound the blackboard in disbelief if he read your post. See my post #20 on impacts all around us in the PNW. Comparing long term climate changes from history with current documented changes is like saying a youngster on roller skates is the same as AJ Foyt at Indy.

12. Varmint

Varmint Member

My reply:

My "science teacher" was a propagandist bigot, and I warned him to his face before the entire class that NOBODY would ever need him, his class, or that piece of toilet paper he called a "diploma" as anyone in his class could get a GED without sitting through his bullshit.

As for previous historical climate trends, they've been around since the flood, and I have no doubt they'll continue. By the way; a single volcano eruption creates more so-called climate-change gasses than anything man has done in the last 500 years, and you'll see more of THAT, too. Good luck pretending to do something about it. Last time I checked we don't live in the Star Trek Universe.

13. Varmint

Varmint Member

Oh.... for those who think my comments are stupid; Do tell how YOU are going to do something about this so-called "climate change". I'd love to hear something relevant that works for a change.

14. newo

Yes but the effects of an eruption wear off. The damage we're doing to the planet isn't about to wear off, it's getting worse.

You climate change deniers are keeping us from reversing that damage, and it's sad that so many of you (Republicans) are in positions of power.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  15. Varmint

Varmint Member

Perhaps if your promoters of climate change mythology would stop trying to use taxpayer dollers and start using your own funds to fix this something would get done. I doubt any of you have any ideas that would prove workable, and I certainly haven't heard any. But do go on: regale us with your fantasy proposals. You also may be interested in knowing that I was a democrat until a peanut farmer lied to us all about his wonderful gun control proposal. This started me on a fine "rabbit trail" going through their history. Did you know our constitution doesn't even condone political parties, much less democracy? Every time I look at the fruit of you leftists I cringe, and you all seem to have the same problem of blaming and burdening those who are not in charge for problems you created. Enjoy your weather.

noodist_jen and MartNorth like this.
  16. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

17. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Res ipsa.

18. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

global-fossil-fuel-consumption.png
    annual-co-emissions-by-region_v10_850x600.png
    global-co-concentration-ppm.png
    2020_Global_Time_Series-1-1024x577.png
    I'm guessing you showed the same hubristic ignorance in math class, too.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  19. wrat1

wrat1 Members

I live in Fla its always hot ;)

20. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

A belligerent High School dropout insults us and loudly proclaims that he's not only smarter than his teachers, but >97% of the world's climate scientists.
    What would possibly give you the idea that we might think that you're stupid?

Scientific Consensus | Facts – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    granite45 likes this.