I can ask this in here and get an answer right?

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by Bellfire01, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

What does it mean when you call a lady a ball buster?

2. revolution_time

revolution_time Member

the term "ball buster" or "ball breaker" isn't just used toward women. it can be used toward anyone, or anything i suppose. it usually means someone who wants everything their way, and won't give you anything. it can also be used when someone is nagging you, and just won't let up. or if something isn't going the way you planned.

3. Bellfire01

The reason why I asked because I heard used in reference to a lady on tv. The guy said that the lady was more his type and the guy that stars on the show said to him. She's a really ball buster. I was kind of curious after that lol.

4. revolution_time

revolution_time Member

ah, lol. yeah, he's just saying she will be difficult. she's high matinence.

5. Bellfire01

Oh lol gotya!!lol

6. Bellfire01

She makes you work a little harder to earn more money? lol

7. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Usually used to describe a womyn who refuses to be used as a doormat, in my experience. Most men I know don't use this term. Only the ones who are not confident in their own place in the relationship, whether work or initimate, themselves, and want "obedience" from the ladies around them.

A man who behaves like this is called a "Go Getter" or a "Self Starter" or "An Aggresive Worker" or someone with "Leadership Qualities" or simply a dude who gets done what needs to be done. I have never heard this explitive used to describe a man.

"High Maintainence" is usually a womyn who needs a lot of attention, who wants a man's nonstop, full, undivided attention (unless she is out with her freinds) and who requires a lot of money spent on her and has a hissy fit if her man goes out with HIS freinds. This, IMO, is more trouble than a "ball breaker." :rolleyes:

8. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

Not all "womyn" are perfect. Some deserve the shit they get. And I think your ideas about it all are a little outdated. Men who abuse women nowadays aren't called "Go Getters", they're called assholes. Same as women who abuse men. Ballbuster is just another term for it.

9. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Generally speaking,I have always liked and respected women more than men--and still do.However, I have met some women that are natural-born "ball-busters,that nag their men ,belittle them ,and generally make their lives miserable.For little or nothing.They turn their men into doormats and seem to relish it.I've not been with one ,because as soon as I have suspected those tendencies--I'm GONE.I'm sure many,many more men are abusers than are women--but not all women are worthy of respect.There are those that need to be avoided at all costs.

10. Jedi

Jedi Self Banned

I disagree, abuse is not just physical , it goes beyond that to mental levels...and In my humble Opinion, MOST women are abusers of this kind, many learn to do it when they are as young as middle schooled kids.

11. scratcho

Well,yes SOME women are as I mentioned.They learn at some very young age about the sexual power they hold over men(I've always wanted to know when that has happened--at what age --when that realization hit) and I assume it's frightening for them early on,but is definately used used as power later,to the detriment of relationships,--but not always.

12. Bellfire01

So fugitively speaking it's not always financial but actual need. I guess a lady that is driven to reach certain goals and obtain certain social and economic standards. She earns said name by forcibly ridding and driving her man to achieve the level she deems acceptable there by causing him unneeded stress . In other words, she wants better than his best and will wear him out until he obtains the level of importance that satisfies her.

13. scratcho

Oh that's part of it--the money part for some women.But natural born ballbusters just bust em' cuz they can and enjoy seeing someone cringe around.The men that do this are worse because of the implied strength that could be brought to bear.

14. Bellfire01

I learn so much on this hipforums site lol. ;)

15. scratcho

goody!me too.

16. Green

Green Iconoclastic

I believe that the majority of relationships are dysfunctional.

17. Maggie Sugar

Yes, hence the last paragraph in my post. "High Maitainence" chicks are very difficult. NO ONE said anyone was perfect.

I said nothing about abuse. Most womyn who are called "ball busters" are NOT usually abusive, but simply assertive, .......some men have problems with that, hence the explitive, for behavior which would be considered desirable in a man.

18. Maggie Sugar

Long Commentary not even needed................"MOST" :rolleyes:

19. Bellfire01

My ma would be considered a ball buster I guess. When my ma met my dad he was drinking, smoking, partying and working at Leggetts. He is now working at the A B Brewry, he doesn't smoke, drink, wear dirty clothes or work for low wages. She corrects is English all the time and makes sure he shows the very best of him at all times. He makes lots of money, she keeps them in expensive clothes and he's clean all the time. (No dirty nails or work clothes out in public)He uses proper English, and he never travels without her. Would this be the definition.

20. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

Maybe I'm not the norm, but I'd have just as big a problem with a man acting that way.