I Am Terrified Of Thunderstorms!

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by audrey_the_endotherm, Jun 21, 2015.

1. *°GhOsT°LyRiC°*

*°GhOsT°LyRiC°* Supporters HipForums Supporter

In my town, We are all scared of thunderstorms and even have extra meteorologists that get online to post updates every 15 minutes just to calm us down and keep us updated. I believe we still rank as the city destroyed by the 7th deadliest tornado in US history. I saw it out my bathroom window, Talk about some fear, I have absolutely no idea how to be calm during storms. I suppose I never will. I used to love the rain and thunder.

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

"Thousands of people die around the world from thunderstorms every year."

Out of how many billions of people that live on the planet? Pretty good odds... More people die in cars. Are you abnormally afraid of cars?

My house is nestled in a woodland with some of the oldest and tallest trees in the area... Sure, could happen that one of those gets hit. My house took a direct hit to it's lightening rod system last year. I'm in a very storm prone area.

Am I going to die from a lightning strike? Not very likely...

" Could you really be this ignorant? "

Don't dole out the term "ignorant" without looking at your own self first.

3. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Last night I was outside to watch a thunder storm and it was actually far more violent than I anticipated. I hurried back home and was actually a little scared, but only because I had been watching it at a distance in a field, and it pretty quickly came up over me, and I felt that I had some risk factors for a lightning strike.

So I had a specific concern and I dealt with it; once I got out of the middle of the field though I enjoyed it very much. It was extremely electrically violent though, the cloud to cloud strikes were insane.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

I love thunderstorms.. My house has taken a couple hits from micro bursts.. In fact these have gotten stronger over the last 10 or so years, the hill above me has taken 3 tornadoes hits. I still go outside on the porch and watch, til the lightning gets a little to close and I say "ok Im done".. I think my favorite is the fast moving mist part of the storm and giant water droplets. no fan of hail. I do like thunder snow.

5. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Senior Member

Hello,

it's coming:
    [​IMG]

Regards
    Gyro

6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I experienced a minor thunderstorm a few days ago, It was probably the first time in years I've been directly in one. I forgot how loud thunder can get, the thunder tripped a few car alarms, felt like the sky was going to rip from the sound. I can see how ancient cultures attributed thunder & lightning as being caused by the Gods such as the aforementioned Thor, Zeus, Jupiter and others, something I was contemplating while it was happening perhaps inspired by a few HF threads as well.

8. bry75

bry75 Members

I love thunderstorms even though we dont get much here in so cal.

9. hotwater

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Consider this a form of therapy

10. I could honestly spend hours just staring out the window during a thunderstorm.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  11. Kirstie

Kirstie Members

Thunderstorms honestly excite me. Here in England we don't really get anything bad like America does.
    I love it when there's thunder and lightning, the louder the better. I just feel sorry for poor pet dogs lol

As long as nothing hits me that is. I remember watching the movie Twister, the approach and being in the middle of the eye of the storm... amazing.

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I love a good crack of thunder! That signified mighty Thor has walloped a pesky giant over the head.
    A mighty crack! Of anvil toned delivery!

:D

13. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

send them to me. i like.

and remember kids: flying kites with copper coated strings in a lightning storm is a big no no!

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The gods often wander in the realm of mortals during stormy weather.

15. peewatcher

peewatcher Banned

My cat hates thunderstorms

16. hotwater

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[​IMG]

McFuddy and GLENGLEN like this.
  17. As naive
    And, oblivious as it may sound
    I do like the sound of the soft roar of a storm
    I listen
    So, Mother Nature can talk to me
    . . . comforting

GLENGLEN and Tyrsonswood like this.
  18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i also like the noises nature makes. they drown out the less pleasant ones made by humans.
    i've noticed its natural for most creatures to be disturbed by sudden loud noises though.

most humans probably were too, before industrial machinery became common.

19. Mandykepp

Mandykepp Banned

I screamed at a thunderstorm when I was out on a walk late night in the woods near my house when I was younger. Not screamed because of but at. Heh I think I was upset about other things, but the ominous darkness and loud thunder made me take out my anger on the sky which I felt was getting angry with me

20. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Only Just Stumbled On This Post...:smilecat:...This Is My British Short Hair "Archie"

That I Adopted Back In May 2019....:smilecat::smilecat::smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

hotwater likes this.