I Am So Old ...

Discussion in 'Remember When?' started by Shale, Apr 25, 2013.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Reminds me themnax--right after Thick as a Brick came out, I saw Tull in Honolulu and they played the whole album through. After the applause died down ----"and now for our second song." (Of course I don't know the terms you used concerning your set-ups.)

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

still possible to do that in the early 70s and late 60s when my dad got his first car. before that we went everywhere on the train on his pass. but that's the thing i remember that made it possible, that people actually did remember to close gates behind them, and leave things nice for the next person to come along, and not try to screw everything up just to be doing so.

scratcho likes this.
  3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

paia made cheap analog synth module kits. for people like me who couldn't afford moog or buchla. this was kind of right before a computer was something you could buy in a store instead of having to build from kits, if you could even find all that parts. i had a fascination with early digital circuitry and other then communication applications of electronic technology. one of the many interests of my youth. while growing up in the woods surrounded by nature.

4. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I remember when 'Big Ben' was just a little wrist watch. :yum::yum::yum::yum:

GLENGLEN likes this.
  5. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

When are they going to put a new play on.????????? 800px-St_Martin's_Theatre,_Covent_Garden,_London-16March2010.jpg

ZenKarma likes this.
  6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

There was a record store that had recording booths for 4 tracks. You'd take in your records and for a fee could make your own 4 track tapes.

[​IMG]

GLENGLEN likes this.
  7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I'm thinking of buying an LP player and going back to LPs

Digital hasnt been an improvement thats for sure

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

depends on what you mean by improvement of course. you're not going to get scratches on a file that's on your hard drive or a usb.

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

No, hard drives and usbs just up and die on you though.

I was mainly talking about sound quality, there is a difference. Slight tinny sound you get with digital

10. ßü††|맧

ßü††|맧 Members

That I have actually hurt myself by sitting on my own balls.

11. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

12. ßü††|맧

ßü††|맧 Members

Exactly like that.

13. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

The worst thing about being old, is I'm gonna be old the rest of my life.

"Life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes."-me

"Death is like a doorknob, everybody gets a turn."-me

scratcho and MeAgain like this.
  14. Addicted2MEN

Addicted2MEN New Member

I'm middle-aged but I remember when automobiles were made out of steel.

scratcho likes this.
  15. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

I remember when the internet was for geeks & freaks only! Now everyone is freaky a geek &.........if you aren't.....weeeeeelllllll.....that's even freakier!

16. ßü††|맧

ßü††|맧 Members

Life is like a roll of toilet paper.
    You're either hanging around or taking shit off somebody.

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  17. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I remember being allowed to sit in the dark bars drinking Shirley Temples while my dad and uncle had some beer. That was in the 40s in my hometown. It was a small farming town in central California. Everything at school was free including vaccinations. Girls were not allowed to play B-ball as it was supposed to be played.-----could not go past half court--could only dribble 2 times, the offense stayed on one end --defense stayed on the other. Didn't want to tax the dainty girls with too much exercise! Girls could NOT wear pants to school. Ever. Principal smacked the shit out of me when I smiled while he was lecturing me. Made my ears ring. I didn't mention it to anyone other than some friends. Outdoor cigarette machines--put in a quarter and out would come a pack with a nickle inside the clear cellophane. I remember learning how to drive at 8 years of age on the virtually deserted roads in farming country, while my dad shot his shotgun out of the car window. (very tall for my age.)

MeAgain likes this.
  18. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

I was drinking beers in the bars in Crested Butte Colorado when I was 13....drinking age was 18 back then. Dirt streets and no cops. It's changed. Cartons of cigarettes were $2.00, and I could buy them when I was eight years old. Just say they were for my mom. Smoked my first cigarette at age 3, cause my grampa said that's when Davy Crockett killed his first bear. They even had a smoking area for the high school kids in 1970 in Mannassas Va. In the 60's in Gunnison kids had to go off campus to smoke during lunch, but could chew Skoal or Copenhagen in class as long as you didn't spit. Pot was $5.00 a lid (a sandwich bag filled to the top)....in the 60's only six of us knew what pot was, thanks to some hippies from New York that moved there and opened a head shop. Ha, the good ol' days.

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well hell, i was doing underage shots with my dad in the bar in the late 90's.

never heard of those girls' basketball rules though. sounds complicated.

20. skip

skip Founder Administrator

I remember paying 15 cents for a small beer in a bar in upstate NY in the early 70s. It was the only bright spot in a very cold winter...

I also remember paying 15 cents for a slice of pizza in NYC back in the 60s. Two slices and a coke were a deal at 30 cents! Lord knows what they go for now...