I am only ever articulate on the internet

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Face Eater, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Face Eater

Face Eater Banned

For some reason, I can't actually speak in a very intelligent manner when talking to people face to face, I can barely recall any information or remember how to structure a sentence. I wonder if it is nerves. On the odd occasion, with a friend, or when meeting a similarly eccentric person I can spit out some semi-intelligent anecdotes or observations, but when dealing with the general public or people that don't quite understand me, I fumble over my words a lot. As a result I think a lot of people think that I am unintelligent.

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

I stutter when I talk to girls

3. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

i drink too much

4. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Drink Too Much..:eek:

AND

I Stutter When I Chat Up Boys..:eek:

Cheers Glen.

5. Ocean Bionic

Ocean Bionic Hero of the People

I mumble and use words like "symbology", "fucking" and "bro".

If we could all speak like we could write, then we would all be five year olds.

6. Face Eater

Face Eater Banned

I forget words. I don't know how to describe things. I forget the details of stories that make those stories charming or interesting. I forget the punch lines of jokes. I am David Brent.

7. Ocean Bionic

Ocean Bionic Hero of the People

stories are hard. being interesting is hard. David Brent makes me Hard.

8. wally m

wally m 14

I'm better in person

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i am exactly as face eater describes himself here. except i usually sound stupid online too.

10. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

i'm definitely funnier in person..... i suck on the internet

11. Face Eater

Face Eater Banned

You mean well.

12. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

I'm more likely to think someone is unintelligent if they write poorly than if they speak poorly. If someone writes poorly, it tells me that he do not care about his own ideas. So therefore, why should I? There's always time between the minute your fingers hit the keys, and the instant you hit that "send" button to look over your post a second, or even a third time, and make sure that you are making something that resembles sense, unless you're just way high, or drunk, or something....or you're just spitting out some random thought.

13. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I don't consider myself to be a great speaker, either. I cannot form ideas nearly as well as when writing and I tend to sometimes get lost in the middle of a sentence. It has nothing to do with intelligence. I stumble and stutter a lot when I talk.

14. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I'm much more affable in person. You should see me read my poetry, the accent gets all the chicks going.

15. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Yeah. I really hate the fact that I'm like this.

I do think that I'm infinitely better online than I am in person, which really disappoints me. I wish I knew how to fix it. :(

16. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Well, reading through all of this at 1:00am is terribly amusing and I'm actually laughing aloud here. :D

I bet all y'all can chat up whenever whoever you want, too! ;)

17. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I was much more articulate when I hung out with the geeky kids who strived to be geekier than thou art. Now I'm only articulate online...I blame it on the fact that I work with nothing but high school dropouts and big words are lost on them. Haha.

18. Jaitaiyai

Jaitaiyai Cianpo di tutti capi

My humour is totally different in person. Half my jokes wouldn't work on the internet...

19. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

it's because you have time when you're online to think about what you're saying, an immediate response isn't (in most cases) being waited on by the person you're conversing with...

you're also in the comfort of your own territory which puts You at ease and therefore makes conversation much easier...

i doubt you come across as unintelligent as you think in real life, but from now on just picture everyone in their underwear in front of their computer:D:cheers2:

20. neim

neim Member

i'm sorry to say this is evidence of you spending too much time in the computaaaarrrr

the reason you don't react well in IRL it's because lack of practice.