i am french and can answer your questions

Discussion in 'French' started by pattymary, Aug 12, 2011.

1. pattymary

pattymary Member

i am french and if you want to improve your english or practise i am available!i am teaching french to english speaking persons in jamaica and i have a good experience in building bridges between both languages!my email is:rootsmystory@yahoo.com and i love very much seafront cities i am planning a trip to the usa in the prettiest ones! i know miami beach well and i really love this place! but i am curious to know other places with boardwalks and seafront life! one love!

2. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

You're hilarious, dude.

You really are.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A warm welcome to the forums :D

3. Montreal-Mark

Montreal-Mark Membre

I'm francophone and I think my english grammar is better than that of most anglophones.

4. pattymary

pattymary Member

i am not pretending to speak better than the english speaking people you are taking some big risks montreal mark!when i am teaching i am using grammar books in english and french cause there are always some little details we are not aware about!a language is an horrible thing because you are learning by heart as a sacred rule certain little mistakes everybody did before you in a spontaneous way and that became standards! but you have to play the game and take them for the truth!the word correct is a big trick but the society wants you to apply the language standards otherwise you appear uneducated!and the little monk that made mistakes cpying some bible in the middleages is now giving headaches to school children and people like we! as buddhists will say we are all interconnected and interdependents!mister ghost why am i so hilarious? thank you still for the welcome!

5. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

It's a bit like saying "Hi I'm a butcher. Would you like me to teach you how to bake bread?".

Maybe your english is much better than everyone else's here. Or maybe you make one helluva bread.

But it's still fuckin' funny. :D

And don't mister me,sir. Please.

6. Montreal-Mark

Montreal-Mark Membre

Tabarnak. Les anglophones sont nuls. Surtout quand ils parlent anglais.

7. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Toi aussi.

You thought you're the only one who speaks more than one language? ;)

Wrong :D

8. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

because it is the french forum

i believe he is suggesting he can help other french people learn better english.

9. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Shit. Thanks for pointing that out. Oh fuck!

Sorry folks. :leaving:

10. vigilanteherbalist2

vigilanteherbalist2 Senior Member

I was always under the impression that we could come here for french language issues as well, so i could see where Ghost was going.

Also, since when does La Francophonie include Jamaica?

11. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

excuse my French, but what's a Welshman doing in this forum? ;)

12. roamy

roamy Senior Member

failte roimh hipforums

13. Crayola

Crayola =)

Mais tu es d'où en fait Pattymary?
    C'est sympa de proposer tes services, mais j'imagine que la plupart des francophones qui atterrissent sur ce site parlent également anglais.. Enfin c'est mon cas ! J'enseigne l'anglais en France, dans un collège.

14. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

voulez vous coucher avec mois ce soire ?

15. Crayola

Crayola =)

*moi
    *soir

Yea I'm just being annoying here :tongue:.

16. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

blame the french immersion school system ...although my heritage is quebecois I never spoke it at home ..so i had to learn from so called "teachers"...and I generally had no interest in school lol

17. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Ba-zing! :D

Oh, my mistake sir... I meant to say, "you really got us good with that one!"

The truth in your words leaves little room to argue from here though I would cautiously point out that the judgement is not entirely accurate and those who can comprehend what you have written are probably not your intended targets.

18. Montreal-Mark

Montreal-Mark Membre

Now re-write the above in french.

My commentary had nothing to do with the propensity of the anglophone culture to despise learning other languages. Whereas it had everything to do with the poor grammar and vocabulary skills that 99,5% of all anglophones have when using their own language.

Granted I tend to be lazy when I speak my own language. However anglophones perfect this type of laziness to an art form unto itself.

19. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

I understood what you meant. and agree with the gist of it. I am not a french speaker and must rely on translation site to interpret- and would need to use them to transcribe my response to your language so my efforts to translate my post would be dishonest as it would not be my own work.. If I were to travel to your Province with any frequency I'd be learning to communicate in French out of necessity. It is not the job of a culture to accommodate my educational deficiencies...

I do try to handle my own language with a measure of finesse though and the humor of the premise that a French person is qualified to correct the English of Americans is not lost on me.

What little French I know echoes from high school when I took two years of Parisian French as a foreign language requirement to complete my studies and earn my diploma. With little to no culture to reinforce what I learned most has faded... I know a few words... can greet (Bonjour), express gratitude (merci), and with painstaking efforts at recollection can with a great amount of time recall fragments of the curriculum- perhaps in enough time to where I could become minimally conversational. I can pick words out of a paragraph without grasping its context.

I do know that French is a beautiful language to listen to- it seems to have a flow that English lacks.

Incidentally- while we are on the topic of French versus English... have you noted the spelling of your status beneath your user name?

20. mustlivelife

mustlivelife Knows nothing!

I feel this thread lacks a certain... je ne sais quoi

Anyway, I'm hungry, so I'm going to mange some escargots et fromage avec le pain

And after that I have nothing to do, so I will probably masturber.

Bon?