I am autistic

Discussion in 'The Autism Spectrum' started by Pressed_Rat, Jun 18, 2019.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

How would this qualify as being a failure? Unless you secretly or subconsciously DO want to have those things you claim you don't care about, I don't see how this is a failure.

Some people who are autistic and have some strange character quirks about them, compensate for it by being totally brilliant in other areas.

2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Civilization is autistic, and reality TV is the proof.

Driftrue likes this.
  3. How can you be a failure if you find pleasure in the simple things in life? Maybe by someone else's standards, but who cares about them. Just dive right into what you enjoy, I say, and forget about the rest.

Asmodean likes this.
  4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

OMG, i almost fell over, a post of yours less than a thousand words, and it made complete sense.

Thankyou

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So you are both saying he is full of himself

I agree

6. No, I'm not saying that at all. I think he is a good person, a person of quality.

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Nup, thats exactly what you're saying, and I've quoted it now, so you cant backtrack

Ner ner ner ner ner ;)

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

Just stop it, get some help..

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He doesn’t want an official diagnosis from a doctor who specializes in autism spectrum disorder because it will first label him as being autistic, and secondly it will force him to seek help he doesn’t really want.

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

it ain't "the eyes of society". its the world "society" has to live in.

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It was accidently. No need to thank him :D

12. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Like chimps on typewriters accidentally writing Shakespeare.

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Good advice, except if one happens to mainly get joy and a sense of fullfillment out of lets say torturing small animals ;) :p

14. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Dear Mr Pressed_Rat......I Have Known You Ever Since I Joined Here In April 2007.......Sometimes

I Feel Observing You From A Distance......And Over That Length Of Time......I Know You Better

Than You Do......And As Such I Can Honestly Say.....YOU ARE NOT AUTISTIC.....Not Even

Anywhere Near It......You.... Young Man... Are Just An "Attention Seeking Little Fart"....:screamcat:.....There

You Go......Somebody Had To Say It.....LOL....Change My Mind..... :D

Cheers Glen.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  15. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

I don't agree or disagree but I do know what high functioning means and I don't think that pressed rat does

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  16. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Even if someone has “high functioning autism”,
    I don’t know that this is necessarily a bad thing anyhow. If you can function in life and have some sort of purpose, then I see no problem. Autism isn’t always a disability in the way some other diagnoses are.

17. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

I really hate it when people self-diagnose. Listen, without a doctor's say so, you've got jack squat. It's already bad enough that we, who actually are certified, get called moochers who just game the system for autismbux. Please don't help to reinforce the stereotypes.

18. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I don’t think this is ole Rat’s intention.

19. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

What I've seen of him, you're probably right. But I still want people to be careful about this. There are people who misunderstand, because they want to misunderstand.

No hard feelings.

20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Even with a doctors diagnosis you still have squat

If there are dozens of different types of autism, with not being on the spectrum being one other classfication. You'd have just as much knowledge as the rest of us when it comes to someone with a completely different type of autism to you.

If any of your doctors had a clue, they would easily be able to explain the repetitive behaviour in some cases, why it exists, why it happens etc....as one example.

And thus you should be able to easily explain it to us.

No one has worked out this simple aspect of autism yet. Thus, no one on the planet is an expert