I am about to vomit

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by earthy44, May 14, 2004.

1. Tamee

Tamee naked

glad I'll never put my kids in "school"

2. Megara

Megara Banned

perhaps i'm slow..but whats with the use of "Amerikkka?" is that supposed to be some lame reference to the KKK?

3. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i've got no problem with my own child pledging alliegance to america, since this is most likely where she'll be. part of pledging alliegance to the usa would be to promise to work to make it a good place to live. while the ideals of the pledge may not be taught, i'll make a point of it. loyalty to the best ideals of a place is a far cry, sadly, from the many stupid actions of a place. and one of the ideals I was taught was live and let live. i'll make a point of that, too.

4. dotadave

dotadave Member

As much as I think this is absolute bullshit, this is one of the reasons populist morons use to say "librals hate america!"

5. dotadave

dotadave Member

sort of. It's partially a reference to america's foreign policy and our apathy, if not hostility to our impact on people in the third world. America's arogance is percieved to be racist and imperialist, from Manifest Destiny and White man's burden to the attrocities commited against "gooks" in the vietnam war.

6. dotadave

dotadave Member

For some reason I can't edit these into one post

Blind patriotism and indoctrination isn't looked highly upon by everyone. Also the fact "under god" is in the pledge, added in during the McArthy era to signify that in order to be a true american one has to believe in god.

7. InTheFlesh

InTheFlesh Member

It's kinda like the "free bible day" when this old guy comes and gives out little bibles to the kids at my old middle school.

8. mynameiskc

show me my blind patriotism, that sounded pretty harsh. my daughter will be taught that a part of living here is working to make this place a better place to live. did you not read that part? i also believe in god, therefore will not be in any rush to leave that out. whether or not you choose to have your children say it is up to you, and it SHOULD be a part of teaching those american ideals to live and let live.

9. psychedelic_unclesam

psychedelic_unclesam Member

On the original post:

I agree, I don't think that that is educational or helpful in any way to have kindergarden age kids being told what to write and why, Whether it is to a pen pal in iraq, or a pen pal in canada.

Let the kids write what they want to. If its to people in iraq, then whatever, just don't tell kids what to write.

And the sad thing to is that a lot of what they would write would be ignorant anyways because there is such a detachment of the reality of the situation from what gets to their ears and their perception.

Anyways, on the flag issue. I support choice of the children.

I think telling your kid NOT to say the pledge of allegience is no worse then telling them that they HAVE to say it. Both are decisions being made for them by someone else, thus reinforcing the whole issue of us being brainwashed.

If you ask meParents brainwash their kids more than school systems, why? Because we were brainwashed to brainwash.

Freedom of choice is truly the only freedom. I belive that a parents job is to be a guide, and then let the child make the decisions for themselves (obviously there are things parents cannot allow, such as hurting others or hurting yourself, etc) but on things such as what to wear, what to say, how to express yourself, and what you want to do with your free time (exceptions being the ones above in () ).

I am not going to force my child to say the pledge.
    I am not going to force him NOT to say the pledge.

I am going to educate him on the highest of intent and ideals that I have for the human race.

And to the best of my ability educate him on the history of actions as a country we have, and the reality of those consequences for us living in america as well as those not living here.

10. mynameiskc

thanks, psychedelic_uncle_sam. you worded much more eloquently than i my intentions. sheesh, you dare mention you're okay with the pledge being taught or not, and suddenly people wanna jump your ass and call you names. very childish.

11. psychedelic_unclesam

psychedelic_unclesam Member

Having been a parent, and a child, I have to say that the world is the best teacher one can have.

And its the parent's job to help the child communicate, interact, and learn from the nature of all things.

12. know1nozme

know1nozme High Plains Drifter

We have yet to see the Supreme Court's judgement on this latest case. I can't wait to see what they do with this one, IMHO it will make a big splash one way or the other and the ripples will be felt for some time.

13. bradofcentralpa

bradofcentralpa Member

that's really a shame...quoting, for the teacher, something from an SC case on findlaw would be my first response to freedom of religion infringement in public schools...nationalists ought to support their nation's supreme court, right?

14. mynameiskc

yeah, that teacher truly needs to be disciplined. basically she indulged in psychological warfare based on her politics. politics have no place in an elementary school, no matter which side of the line you're standing on.

15. Rebel_1

Rebel_1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You know i belive in God two, and i read in the bible that the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one satan the devil, yes the world powers are under satans influence and it shows. No true Christian will have a part in satans organization. I have no use for world governments, the flag, or the pledge. I rebel peacefully against such things. I simply refuse to get involved with them and there tactics. The governments of this world are brainwashing organizations, Our citizens are being corrupted by them. Thats what there buisness is about. The governments are flushing true freedom down the toilet! I am a peaceful person and dont cause any trouble with anybody, but i am outraged at the crap that the governments of this world are doing, and i belive i have a right to be.

When you mention working, if you are talking about good deads I am all for that. If your talking about working for money will you also tell your daughter the truth that her pay check will be robbed by a crooked government that will use the money for war and end up killing inocent children and other victims and waste it on alot of other bullshit to boot. I do realize most people have to work for a buisness's to make a living. Im not saying this to be mean and i am not arguing. I'm just telling it how i see it. The truth is the truth but i know alot of people dont have much of a choice in certain ways.

16. mynameiskc

so, basically, teaching my child to be true to the ultimate ideals of liberty and justice is what? wrong? whatever our government may be doing, i'm STILL going to try to teach my child to pursue the ideals of liberty and justice. fight wrong where you see it. whatever you may feel for the government of the USA is fine with me, but i feel a duty to teach my child to work for the betterment of her country, and as laid out in the pledge, if you remove whatever hatred you have for your government and doubt or disagreement with god, is still a good goal to achieve. i do not associate pledging alleigence to our country and to fighting for our ideal to be wrong, and if you don't like it, aren't you glad we live here where i have no right to declare jihad on your ass.

17. NCguitarhippie

NCguitarhippie Member

you guys... umm...

apparently you're saying teaching is brainwashing. and that babys should be left on the street. that's what you're saying. i know you may not think that but if you say all brainwashing is bad and then you saying telling your kid not to recite the pledge... you're just teaching them right from wrong. kids follow in their parent's footstep... you can't avoid it.

if you look at the word "brainwashing," it assumes there's something there to be washed out. if you tell your kid that america isn't worth pledging to, then it's up to the kid to decide whether or not to recite the pledge. but even if you tell him not to recite it, you're merely teaching him/her. do you guys understand where i'm coming from? it's only brainwashing if there's something there to be washed out. and besides, it's not always the teacher's fault. for all you know, she could've been told that every child has to recite the pledge. beats me. i just thought i'd point out idiocy and hipocrisy

18. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

Shit, I almost die. I almost fall on the floor crying. Why the hell didn't I stand up for my rights when I was in school. As i said, it would be so sweet not to stand for the anthem (im canadian), get told to stand, still not stand, get sent to the principle, tell him I have the right not to stand if I don't want to, get detention for spekaing my opinions, refuse to be punished because i have freedom to be an individual, have my parents called, told I'm being defiant... why didn't I do that when I had the chance?[​IMG]

19. vinceneilsgirl

vinceneilsgirl Member

My fiance was homeschooled because his mom was sickend by the fact that in public schools they are supposed to be teaching you facts so that you can function in the real world and instead they teach you what she termed as "facist bullshit".

20. Cosmic Butterfly

Cosmic Butterfly Member

Yes, teach your baby to work for the betterment for her country. While the richies keep living the good life, their kids traveling to Europe, expensive things, and more. Because the truth is that we are all seen as drones. We are born, go to school and made to be apart of the machine. And then when they dont need your ass anymore because your starting to get old, sick, and senile then you are free to the wonderful world of retirement! Thanks USA! I just cannot wait until im 65!