I almost hit someone at a intersection

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by Thethirdbenjamin, May 11, 2004.

1. Thethirdbenjamin

Thethirdbenjamin Member

I was malking a right turn at an intersection, i waited for the way to be clear, i then pressed on the gas to accelerate then in the corner of my eye i saw a person crosing i quickly slammed on the brakes, that person quickly jumped out of the way.

I ask the question if that person hadn't jump out of the way i probible whould have hit them.

Several months earlier i saw a person malking a similar right turn hit a cyclist and in this case the cyclist was injured and limping.

why hadn't i learn anything from the cyclist being hit???

2. Willow-Bridget-Love

Willow-Bridget-Love Member

oh! i remeber you! DDDDDddddUUUDDDDDdEEEEE!

man.. thats freaky, its like you almost killed someone, like yeah... freaky! im glad its all aight! no killing people lol... i know..erm i think i do anyway, that you wouldnt really try to kill someone... erm, i think..

3. special-k

special-k Member

Ive done that some random woman walked out when she didnt have the right to go and i almost hit her luckely i saw her and hit the brakes and she jumped back a fair bit so i never hit her but yeah it sux they look at you like you have done something wrong even if u havent.

4. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

I almost hit someone in our work parking lot, they were reading something and walking at the same time, and walked out right in front of me. They werent paying attention at all, and they are lucky that I was for once...

5. Thethirdbenjamin

Thethirdbenjamin Member

That person was also moving a stroller, so i feel guilty in the fact that if she hadn't jump out of the way i whould of hit a person and seriously harm a newborn.

And theres no greater crime then inflicting harm on a fresh new baby,
    thats why i feel guilty.

But then again the reason why the person jumped out of the way was she seamed like she was babysiting or she was a nanny taking the child outside.

So when you think of it i guess if someone did get injureyed we both whould be dead.( me and the babysiter)

The goverment and the public whould be after we for hitting a person with a newborn and the childs mother whould kill the babysiter for failing to watch her child.

6. Thethirdbenjamin

Thethirdbenjamin Member

the vechile i was driving was an SUV, so someone could have gotten killed, hopefully not the baby.

I don't know if you read my reply before this one but all type it again to explain why i feel so guilty.

I forgot to mention
    That person was also moving a stroller, so i feel guilty in the fact that if she hadn't jump out of the way i whould of hit a person and seriously harm a newborn.

And theres no greater crime then inflicting harm on a fresh new baby,
    thats why i feel guilty.

But then again the reason why the person jumped out of the way was she seamed like she was babysiting or she was a nanny taking the child outside.

So when you think of it i guess if someone did get injureyed we both whould be dead.( me and the babysiter)

The goverment and the public whould be after we for hitting a person with a newborn and the childs mother whould kill the babysiter for failing to watch her child.

7. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

sounds to me like a dangerous intersection

8. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

I DID hit someone once. Back when I was going to college full time, I drove a long ways on city roads to get to class early in the morning. The city roads were four lanes though, and I was in the inner lane, and a van was just ahead of me a bit in the outer lane to my right. The van stopped all of a sudden really fast and before I knew it there was a kid flying across the street on his bicycle, having come within INCHES of the van slamming into him... well I had about 3 seconds to react but it wasn't fast enough. I ended up hitting the back wheel of his bicycle and then running over it after he went flying off it and tumbling down the street. I just about puked from terror!

Not a very fun experience. The kid was okay though, just a scratch from the road and a bent up bike.

9. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

well i cant drive but ive been hit twice. it doesnt hurt that bad so dont feel bad for anybody. the newborn thing would be fucked up tho.

10. SapphireSerenity

SapphireSerenity Member

It seems like it's a bad intersection

~Sapphire

11. Unkle_John

Unkle_John Member

Bree,

I too have hit someone. Thankfully he survived.
    i was following my wife home (she was in the truck, a 74 chevy, and I was in a 94 cougar) when I saw her swerve into the other lane. I was about 3-4 car lengths behind her and slowing my speed down thinking there was debrise on the road and the limit had dropped. just then I saw this guy standing on the side of the road. He looked away from me, then right at me. he then proceeded to walk infront of me stareing me right in my eyes. I slammed the brakes and the nose of the Cougar hit him in the knees and down on the hood he went. Then he bounced. I got out (traffic had stopped) and checked to see if he was ok. he was bleeding from the head and saying over and over he was waiting for his brother to pick him up. This old man came up and started talking to him to calm him down. Later as they airflighted him to Dallas for his head trauma I found out he (for the lack of better words) mentally slow. Not retarded, just a very VERY low IQ. I felt sick to my stomach thinking if I had not paid attention to what if I was driving the truck. If I was driving the truck I would have killed him. I started getting really sick feeling when the police came out and started to mesure my skid mark.
    It was ruled in my favor, it was him that did that. And he was lucky I was a safe driver. My wife didn't know what happened untill I got home. but the weirdest thing was that everything stopped once I steped out of the car. Kinda like the time slow down in the Martix movie. Everything moved slow and there was no sound. Time eventually caught up after he was gone to the hospital. I drove a few extra blocks for a few months after that. And I'll be a man and say this: I cried. When I got home I took some Ibeprofin for my muscle aches and took a long hot shower. I sat at the bottom of the shower floor and bawled my eyes out. I was scared that I may have killed a living being, a person, a child of Earth. I was scared that the police would find someway to pin it on me or that the family would sue for his death or injuries. When I got the police report the next day I was relieved that he was ok, but his face still haunts me from time to time. Those eyes, stareing right at me.

sorry for any type-os i'm very tired and i'm heading to bed so no time to clean it up.

12. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

Weird, I was in a '91 Cougar! Maybe there's something evil about Cougars.