I’m Going to have a Vasectomy...(Questions)

Discussion in 'Birth Control' started by diesel#, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Gooch

Gooch Newbie

I e been reading through this and it’s a topic my wife and I have talked about. I want to get it, but I made the mistake of Googling it and saw all the potential complications. They are all like 0.01 present chance, but now they live rent free in my head. I can’t figure out how to unlearn what I’ve researched to actually go ahead and do it.

2. Dipper79

Dipper79 Members

This is the problem with the internet. The extremes and complications of any such surgery are laid bare. I had mine 2 weeks ago today and wasn’t interested in any horror stories in the lead up to it, as there are plenty of people who have done it and been fine since. The paperwork I was given when I left hospital said there is a 5% chance of chronic testicle pain and a 1 in 2000 chance it doesn’t work. I was willing to take the chance. My mate desperately wants to do it but is still unsure as ONE person told him their balls ached for a long time afterwards. Mine was done 2 weeks ago today. All ok other than some discomfort & swelling which I was expecting and is normal anyway. Just take it easy for a few weeks especially with heavy lifting / pulling.

I’d been waiting some time for the op so it was a huge relief to finally have it done. On the recovery - Short term pain for long term gain. When I get asked for a sample & get the all clear - No more kids, no birth control, hopefully more frequent and enjoyable sex - what’s not to love about that?!

3. Modasflower

Modasflower Members

Haha I had a gentle wank the next day as well. The curiosity got the better of me and I was home alone. Didn’t hurt a bit even when ejaculating.

Wixx Trixx likes this.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2023
  5. jj07

jj07 Members

Same as before!

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I got my vasectomy in April. I don't regret it, but I also haven't had sex since my last partner... Sadly, that's also the first time I did heroin; something that has had an indelible effect on my personality. It's also the only time.

Vasectomy is a personal choice, and as I discovered by sharing with my parents, one that the Catholic church does not support (unless I'm wrong). I don't know where Islam stands on vasectomy.

I think it's a great decision, and one that doesn't really affect much if you store sperm sample.

7. David Vanzant

David Vanzant Members

Told my wife I needed 6 months of bj’s afterwards. Still had sex but she would always finish me off with her mouth. lol

8. 6Sailor9

6Sailor9 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Don’t schedule on a Monday or Friday….surgeon may be to tired or in a rush!!

wilsjane likes this.
  9. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Thank you for my first good laugh of the day. :D

Which leg are we supposed to amputate.?
    Let's just chop them both off. If we waste time asking everyone, no one will agree and we will end up missing the match on telly tonight. :);):)

Patient comes round after the operation. :(:(:eek::eek:

6Sailor9 likes this.
  10. 6Sailor9

6Sailor9 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

:)

wilsjane likes this.
  11. mrsixstrings12

mrsixstrings12 Members

I got my vasectomy a few years ago. I was 27 years old, been married for 2 years. My wife and I had agreed for awhile that we did not want kids and I'd rather get snipped than her get her tubes tied. I was EXTREMELY anxious leading up to the procedure and brought my headphones to listen to music. I was promptly told that I wasnt allowed the headphones (LOL) because the doctor liked to talk his way through the procedure with his patients. A slight pinch from the numbing shots and really thats it. Some tugging sensations here and there, an odd smell and you're done. The best things I did were buying "jocks" and boxer briefs. The more support you have the better. My wife had the idea of giving me some of her pads for bleeding/yuckiness. My nurse, who was super old school, recommended some ibuprofen or " a couple beers" for any pain/discomfort so I spent the next few days a little tipsy and relaxed on the couch.

If you are absolutely certain you dont plan on having kids, do it. My wife was pretty anti-birth control so we used condoms every time. Not worrying about having condoms, or having them rip, is nice and worth it for us in general.

MAKE SURE YOU DO THE SAMPLES AFTER THE OPERATION!

Dipper79 likes this.