Hypothetically speaking (or possibly not) what would you do,

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by hippiehillbilly, Jan 27, 2009.

1. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

Scenario number 1.
    If the stock market were to crash and a bank holiday was declared for at least the rest of the week,meaning no access to ATM machines,no use of your debit card,banks closed,nothing but cash accepted and no cash available accept what you have on your person when it happened till monday how prepared are you to deal with it?

Scenario number 2.
    If there was a "terrorist attack" that caused the system to go down,or for whatever reason and the above(scenario 1) applied for 2 weeks,a month,maybe more are you prepared to deal with it?

how would you handle not having any access to banking or the money you have in the bank for a extended period of time?

2. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

I'd be ok, cuz we don't have any money in the bank cuz we don't have any money

3. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

Thinking about it, would companies be allowed to charge late fees on payments that were late because of this?

Would they start accepting cash? Because a lot of places don't. DMV is one of them.

Furthermore, what good is it having a payment on time when they can't cash the check or deposit your money anyway?

4. Xac

Xac Visitor

Scenario 1 i'd do alot of cooking, if there wasn't much food, i'd be eating alot of fried chips (they are cheap and can be bought from change in our big change bowl.)

Scenario 2 is alot different, i suppose it's hard because there are too many things i'd have to assume one way or another, it depends on how everyone else is treating the situation, especially the state.

5. hippiehillbilly

so you have food,booze and bud to last a week,or a month depending on the scenario?

6. Xac

Xac Visitor

the crazier the scenario the easier it would be to cover marijuana, in the long run anyway...

7. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

8. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Taken care of. We've already thought of this exact (or similar at least) thing happening which is why we started taking preparations some months back in the event of it possibly occuring. Call it paranoia, but we call it being prepared, just in case. Had to do something in case of an emergency situation what with the way things in this economy are anymore. You just never know.

9. hippiehillbilly

this is something i just cant answer.

face it how many people carry cash nowadays? i mean who has enough cash on hand to pay a months bills and buy groceries for a month besides us crazy preppers??

i dare say not many..

the thing is both scenarios are quite possible at some point and ive not seen any clear answers to those questions.

10. hippiehillbilly

how so?? im really interested in hearing this one..

11. hippiehillbilly

well i figured being you were the only one who checked the poll about obama being the anti christ that youd be ready..lol:cheers2:

12. Xac

Xac Visitor

Seeds, grow, replant, grow, so on.

Sunlights free, if you have property with good soil, thats free, and assuming it's a bad enough situation that you can grow alot of marijuana, there is no reason people wouldnt just pump bore water to grow plants.

13. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

*laughs* Well you've got me figured out well then! ;)

14. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

food yes, bud more than a month, booze, no.

15. hippiehillbilly

yeah thats REALLY long term though.. your talking a entire growing season..

gonna be some jonesing muther fuckers waiting on harvest lol...

as doom and gloom as i am i really dont see a realistic scenario where the banking system would be down for that long..

16. hippiehillbilly

well you need to dry out anyway. a month without booze would be good for you. who knows ya may even lose a few pounds..

17. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

I don't have any cash, but I do have a lot of ammo...

18. hippiehillbilly

ya cant eat ammo...;)

19. Xac

Xac Visitor

Well id think most people would be able to survive 9 months especially if they know whats coming.

20. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

We have a well-stocked pantry and large freezer
    Husband could bike to work
    I don't know about the mortgage, how can the bank ask us for money if they won't give us any?
    Utilities are done online, so I don't know about them, but we would have at least a month before they would even send us a "past due" notice...