hydromorphone synthesis / conversion to stronger opioid?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by THCsetmefree, Feb 1, 2014.

1. THCsetmefree

THCsetmefree Member

So a friend get a lot of 8Mg hydromorphones and we are tired of wasting them after quickly building a tolerance. I've done some research and you can convert several other opioid to hydromorphone. I'd like to convert it to oxymorphone or something stronger. I could hot find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. p0rkch0p

p0rkch0p Member

Dont know much as far as converting but I know that ur liver changes oxycodone to oxymorphone wen u take it.... Know because of piss tests.... I can take my oxy and pass for oxy and opana but it's not backwards compatible.... Opana can't pass for oxy

3. THCsetmefree

THCsetmefree Member

I mean if you can homebake MScontins there has got to be something you can do with these.

4. china__white

china__white Member

Yes you can homebake MScontins, but you need access to some restricted chemicals that are pretty hard to come by. In theory you could find a way to convert them but when you take into account, A. that you probably will not be working with proper chemist tools, B. that you likely are not experienced and there are a lot of steps that can go wrong, and C. that you will always have a low yield doing something like this, its really not worth it. Hydromorphone is really sought after on the street and gives one of the biggest rushes when injected. If you are not using needles you are really not getting much from those pills in the first place. I would never suggest you inject, instead I may hint that you let them loose on the street and use the money you get to buy a opiate that will suite you better. Hope you work it all out man

5. murgatroid

murgatroid Member

This reminds me of a thought I had the other day. With all the money and effort that goes into the drug trade why isn't there more effort put into manufacturing any of the newer opiate analogues that are 10-100 times stronger than morphine or heroin. With all the effort and money spent on manufacture and smuggling I would think you could invest in a lab to synthesize stronger opiates. I guess the answer to my own question is it would be much easier for users to overdose. Maybe heroin is the perfect level of strength and weight.

6. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

Apparently that's already being done. I've heard that a lot of the heroin on the east coast is mixed with Fentanyl. That may have led to Philip Seymour Hoffman's death, but who knows?

7. murgatroid

murgatroid Member

Yeah but that's still a product being sold as heroin with a highly potent opiate dangerously mixed in.

Why not manufacture fentanyl and smuggle what would be normally be a kilo in a deck of card size amount. Then package it as 0.10mg doses or whatever it is.

Of course fentanyl doesn't feel like heroin but hydromorphone is just as if not more euphoric as heroin too and it requires a lower dosage.

I'm assuming tradition is the reason no one has decided to do this. But seems like some kingpin with loads of resources could convert to a newer and much stronger opiate.

8. china__white

china__white Member

I think that may be part of it. Its also when the doses get that low it gets even more dangerous to measure and use without a scale. With cutting the differences in strength between dealers would be even greater and likely a rush of overdoses.

9. Nicomorphinst

Nicomorphinst Members

Update: the raccoon says that the salt in the saline is very helpful in consolidating the floating gunk. If one is using distilled water, add a couple of grains of sea salt. He also dries the tablets before using the lighter on them by putting them in a microwave at high power for 60 seconds, the heat of which begins the critical component breakdown and carmelisation processes.

Acetic anhydride takes care of the inert fillers in Mallinckrodt 100 mg MS-Contins. A raccoon who lives in America sucks off the coloured coating because it also contains morphine, plays a lighter flame over the surface until they start to smoke (the flame sterilises the surface and the flash of heat breaks down the carnauba wax and so forth), smashes them into powder in a mortar and pestle, and has a powder which is smashed up MS-Contin with a pinch of charcoal. It is often a light pink colour.

The raccoon can either snort the powder, mix it with distilled water or saline and heat, after which it separates into a waxy layer which floats and the liquid underneath is loaded with morphine and other water-soluble components. He then pushes the layer to one side, sucks up the liquid with a big dropper and puts it into a metal container like a jigger (cools down more quickly -- an opossum who lives in the next tree has a pyrex shot glass which is good too) and squirts more water/saline onto the wax and heats again, and combines the two extracts and any other solutions he likes, such as tripelennamine, hyoscine etc. then either puts a piece of cotton in it and sucks the liquid into a syringe whilst just touching the top of the cotton and not pressing it, does it again, or uses a wheel filter. Then he does what he wilt with it. The liquid is dense and thick.

The opossum puts his powder into a large measuring spoon, adds enough AA to saturate the powder to it, covers tightly with aluminium foil., and bakes in an oven at 85 degrees Centigrade for 2 to 5 hours, then puts the spoon on an electric stove burner and heats until vinegary fumes are no longer emitted. The powder is now fused into a solid, brittle, black mass. He does it in the clearing and likes windy days because the fumes are corrosive. This can be smashed in the mortar & pestle or put into the wrapper from a gauze pad folded and smashed with a hammer. When water/saline is added, a brown, clear liquid containing only diacetylmorphine, 3-monoacetylmorphine, 6-monoacetylmorphine, and morphine can be drawn through a filter. The latter three naturally form by hydrolysis of the former, and 6-MAM is more powerful than diacetylmorphine. The raccoon and opossum say this procedure doubles the potency and subtracts out the pins & needles feeling from morphine.

The raccoon has told the raccoons who live in Europe about it, and they point out that benzoic, propionic, and nicotinic acids (the latter is niacin) also have anhydrides.

The raccoon especially but also the opossum also wash down the waxy dregs with Coca-Cola -- it gives their extract "legs" which the extract may not have, depending on route of administration. A flying squirrel who lives in the same tree has a lower tolerance and just chews the tablets and washes them down with Coca-Cola or Sprite.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    Orison likes this.
  10. Nicomorphinst

Nicomorphinst Members

Such as turning the hydromorphone into acetylmorphone, which requires two hours at 120-145°C as opposed to 1½ to 5 hours at 85°C for morphine into smack . . . the acetyl esters of morphine, dihydromorphine, codeine, dihydrocodeine, isocodeine, dihydroisocodeine, and similar opiates . . . acetylmorphone, also known as 3,6-acetyl-14-dihydromorphinone, was invented almost at the same time as hydromorphone and requires a very simple one pot manufacture where hydromorphone is the starting material . . . in the crude underground method, monoacetylmorphone and diacetylhydromorphone are apparently both produced and hydromorphone may remain unconverted; glacial acetic acid is substituted to get a final product in which mono-esters and unreacted precursor are present.

Along with acetyl esters, similar processes can also involve numerous moieties like benzoyl, propanoyl, nicotinoyl, cinnimoyl, butoyl, butroyl, salicoyl, formoyl, and many others. It is worthy of note that benzoylmorphine and benzylmorphine are different -- the latter an ether of morphine 70 to 100 per cent the strength of codeine, not an ester and therfore is basically codeine with benzyl replacing one of the methyls which is 65 to 90 per cent as strong as codeine.

Acetylmorphone was on the list of morphine and other (hydromorphone, dihydromorphine, and other acetyl esters and so forth outlawed as the very first designer drugs in the late 1920s. The League of Nations and buttholes like Anslinger said there was no medical use for the above 3,6 morphine esters. . . this may technically have been true at the time as Merck, for example, manufactured 10+ metric tonnes of acetylpropionoylmorphine and similar quantities of dibenzoylmorphine and acetylmorphone every single year from 1924 to 1929. People were complaining that it was possibly being used as a semi-clandestine or brazenly open analogue of heroin . . . no shit, Sherlock . . . a lot of those users were legitimate doctors, apothecaries, and patients by the way.

The last time the raccoon bioassayed a small quantity of acetylmorphone, 850 to 1100 per cent of the potency of morphine, the rush was nice, the bang was impressive, and three uncommon pleasant side effects, which when present indicate that the come-up is going to be more intense and last longer, were present: a warm feeling in her anus like nicomorphine, pressure on the back of her neck like piritramide, and subjective effects like thebacon mixed with carisoprodol and hydroxyzine (thebacon:hydrocodone:codeine :: acetylmorphone:hydromorphone:morphine; it is a prodrug of acetylmorphone)

Oxymorphone can be modified into 3-monoacetyloxymorphone and 3,6-diacetyloxymorphone, 3,14-diacertyloxymorphone and apparently into 3,6,14β-triacetyloxymorphone. Presumably there are others, like 3,6,8,14-tetracetyloxymorphone and so on. It is unclear to me if there are things like nicomorphone in existence but I have not seen anything about them. The 5 position on the morphine carbon skeleton is where the difference between metopon and hydromorphone lives. The 1 and or 2 positions are what gets halogenated in morphides to make chloromorphide 10 times stronger than morphine. It is also why the α-chlorocodide process for making desomorphine is much easier than any alternatives. and why desomorphine is something like 9 to 13 times stronger than morphine.

Morphols and codols like hydromorphinol are roughly in the same sophistication range as the above. The raccoon knows a narwhal who confirms this.

Last edited: May 12, 2019