hydrocodone

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by anti, May 18, 2004.

1. trippytrippy

trippytrippy Member

i really cant believe that many hydros and didnt feel it i get fucked off of one and drinkin and smoking and really fucked off of two.

2. DarkAbyss

DarkAbyss Member

^
    Seriously, 2 7.5's and some good bud and I'm completely gone. Maybe I'm a lightweight, but hey, it saves me lots of $

3. steve-rudy

steve-rudy Member

im siting here shaking scared i took too much....ive been in hospital bfore...its an awful trip...i did the extractionnprocess and did alot of them i feel ok but weak and well.if it hits me it will be pretty soon...that horrible freezing shaking blue lips terror and awful..etc if i ride it out i would be sick for days or be a weakling and normal and hit the ER and have to tell my dr..and trouble..

wish me luck

4. redfreak

redfreak Member

All-ite. Heer's da 411 on hydro/oxy-Codone without getting the Tylenol (acetaminophin). Crush pills, place in metal soup ladle. Add hot h2o to make thick-milky soup. Apply heat & stir till ya see steam..ezy tho cause heat kills the get high part. Mix and pour into a peice of nylon pantyhose. Then wring it out in clean container. Booya, instant seperation. The juice contains the opiate (watersoluable) and the pantyhose holds da bunkjunk-tylenol-Not watersoulable. I like adding a booster (synergist) like hydroxizine aka Visteril or Atarax, 50-100mg OR promethizine aka phenergan, 50-100mg.

5. psychoactive321

psychoactive321 Member

you cant snort that shit unless it is pure hydacodone with out acetaphine in it. the ap/ap burns the fuck our of your noes

6. Tristen

Tristen PushTheLilDaisies

Ummm..yeah, that sounds really "cool":rolleyes:

7. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

I don't do drugs, but I do have a prescription for Hydrocodone. I think it's the 5/500 one. The topic of this thread got my attention because I take it...

It was prescribed for KILLER menstrual cramps when I was a teenager and I've been taking it as needed ever since, which is about 3 or 4 days in a row once a month, every 4 hours. Unfortunately I guess I built up a tolerance because it wasn't enough, so I've been taking 2 Aleve every 12 hours to take the edge off for the last few years.

Now I've been reading about liver problems and I'm wondering if the Aleve/hydrocodone combo is bad? I can ask the doc for something stronger I guess but afraid he won't give it to me. Anyway if anyone knows if my combining the two is a bad idea, let me know!

8. PhotoGra1

PhotoGra1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

there is currently no hydrocodone only tablet available. There is codeine. EVERY TABLET YOU TAKE HAS FILLERS. Acetaminophen is not a filler, it is an active ingredient. Fillers are what make up the actual tablet, and holds the drug together.

Fillers = inert ingredients

9. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

There are hydrocodone only tablets available. However, they are Schedule II, and most doctors will put you on Oxycodone before bothering with Schedule II hydro. Hydro with fillers are all Schedule III, which means the doctor can write you refills (up to 5) and can call them in to a pharmacy, and there isn't nasty DEA paperwork involved.

If a doctor is going to go to the trouble of writing a Schedule II drug, he will give you Oxy or MS.

I JUST said this!

10. PhotoGra1

Maggie Sugar,

There is no single entity hydrocodone product, I just double checked in Drug Facts & Comparisons. I am not trying to start anything, but I know I am right this time.

Hydrocodone is available with abuprofen, acetaminophen,guaifenesin, and sometimes with an antihistamine or decongestant. Hydrocodone products are all schedule III, which does mean they can be phoned in & have up to 5 refills within 6 months. Some state laws differ, but you are correct on the federal law.

EVERY PHARMACEUTICAL, Nutriceutical, herbal, vitamin, mineral, or food supplement that you take HAS FILLERs, unless it is an extract, then maybe not. Fillers are inert substances that hold the tablet together (ie, methylcellulose, carboxymethylcellulose, propylene glycol, glycerin, wax matrix, gelatin capsule, etc.)

11. Maggie Sugar

No, photo, I have no intention of arguing. I think this forum is great for information and discussion. I am glad to discuss issues with intelligent people like yourself! :D

There is a tablet called HYCODAN. It is hydrocodone alone, it's indication is for "cough" but many doctors prescribe "off label" as a pain med. It is exactly the same hydrocodone as contained in Vicodin. It comes in 5 mg tablets as well as syrup.

Here is a link
    http://chealth.canoe.ca/drug_detail.asp?brand_name_id=837&dowhat=accept_disclaimer

I hope your surgery goes well. Heal quickly!

Blessings,
    Maggie

12. PhotoGra1

Hycodan also now contains homatropine, a drying agent.

My surgery went fine, I am in some pain, but not awful. I had a pilonidal cyst extraction. They gave me percs.

Alleve & hydrocodone is no problem, BREE. Overdoses of Alleve would hurt your kidneys and/or stomach. Two tablest twice a day for 3 to 4 days a month is far from an overdose. Overdose of hydrocodone causing liver problems would be from the acetominophen. There are reports of individuals consuming up to 15,000 mg of acetaminophen in a single dose with no adverse effects, HOWEVER, that dose can also be LETHAL, do not try it. I think, but I am not sure, that lethal doses of acetaminophen start at 6 grams (6000mg) per day. Acetaminphen is in all kinds of products, always read the lable, or check with the pharmacist. The current guidelines with acetaminophen are no more than 4 grams (4000mg) per day for accute pain, no more than 3 grams (3000mg) for daily, chronic pain. If your tablets are 5/500mg, you should be able to take 8 per day. DO NOT DRINK, however. Alcohol with acetaminophen quickly causes liver damage. The combo almost forms something like a "PAC-MAN" that just eats at your liver cells. Very bad idea.

(Information on Hycodan
    Learn more about usage, cautions, and possible side effects.
    Tablets
    Chemical Name: HYDROCODONE (hye-droe-KOE-done) and HOMATROPINE (hoe-MA-troe-peen)
    Common uses
    This medicine is a narcotic cough suppressant and anticholinergic combination used to treat cough due to colds or flu. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.)
    http://www.drugstore.com/pharmacy/prices/drugprice.asp?ndc=63481004270&trx=1Z5006

(The anticholinergic was added to help "prevent abuse." Similar to naloxone being added to Talwin NX)

13. Maggie Sugar

There is homotropine in Vicodin 5/500s too. It isn't an opiate antagonist, like the antagonist in Talwin NX. NX is similar to Narcan, which reverses opiate effects. I know of no docs who use Talwin anymore, though. Most pain patients don't like it, and the NX ruins the pain killing effects as well as other things. Homotropine is a atropine like drug, it doesn't interfere with pain killing propeties, just makes one feel like shit if one takes too much of it. Some people actually like the feel of atropine drugs.

I am glad your surgery went well. Heal quickly.

14. PhotoGra1

Maggie,

I knew I was right, it turns out that you are right too. This was from a Google search for hycodan insert:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=hycodan+insert&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
    Hycodan , Hydrocodone
    ... In the US, Hycodan also contains homatropine; in Canada, Hycodan contains only hydrocodone...
    www.healthtouch.com/.../drugShowLfts.asp?fname=usp0647. htm&title=Hycodan+%2C+Hydrocodone&cid=HT - 52k -
    I know its not an opiate antagonist, and I rarely dispense Talwin NX anymore. Neither patients or docs like it. I always assumed the homatropine was added to combat abuse. Anticholinergics are nasty if you take way to much. But, now that you questioned me, I now believe it is in there for its drying effects. Homatrapine is extremely drying, and probably aids in cold symptoms.
    There is no homatropine in Vicodin.
    Vicodin Ingredients and Composition
    Each Vicodin tablet contains:
    hydrocodone bitartrate 5 mg
    acetaminophen 500 mg
    Other Vicodin ingredients include:
    colloidal silicon dioxide
    corn starch
    croscarmelllose sodium
    dibasic calcium phosphate
    magnesium stearate
    microcrystalline cellulose
    povidone
    stearic acid
    http://pharma-help.com/vicodin/vicodin-ingredients-and-composition
    I hope this clears everything up. Thanks for the discussion, though. I enjoy reading your posts. I am doing much better now, thank you.
    (BTW: I got more Percocet) ;)