hydrocodone?

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by peacelovebarefeet, Aug 30, 2005.

1. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

i'm not sure if that is spelled right, but is it generic for valium? my boyfriend got some perscribed because his wisdom teeth are coming in, and they are killing him.

i know pretty much nothing about pharms.. so yeah, thats why i'm asking.

2. Gentle

Gentle Member

It's a fairly strong opiate and it's addictive as hell. It's getting closer to smack then valium in my opinion and when I say addictive I mean addictive man. I was prescibed it as well for pain but decided to stop taking them after about a week b/c I felt cravings coming that fast. I guess if he has to take it, he has to and I know pain but I wouldn't want to get a taste for the stuff and wouldn't ever take it for recreation. There is something very dirty feeling about those bastards even if smack was an exaggeration and I wouldn't recommend them. Too many MDs are handing them out in my opinion and if u can get by without I would try b/c they sneak up on you and like I said just something dirty about them.
    peace
    Gentle

3. blueeyedmerle

blueeyedmerle Member

i think its generic for vicitin. its been prescribed to me for a few different things - a bad case of tonsilitis and for my knees after a bad car acident. i never had a problem with cravings but all pain killers are very addictive. you should be careful taking but i don't think its too dangerous.

4. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

alright hydrocodone is generic for vicodin,and lortab, it is an opaite(painkiller),and is nothing like valium(anit anxeity), vamlium is used for something totaly different, hydrocodone comes in 5mg,7.5mg,and 10mg,it will give you euphoria,kill pain,sedation,some bad side effects are nausea,and dizzyness,overall its pretty mild,its not insanly addcitive as poster above,it can be tho so be safe

5. Gentle

Gentle Member

yea it could just be me I admit that
    opiates of any kind I'm hooked in about a day so I try to avoid them
    I was craving after about 3 days lol
    peace
    Gentle

6. peacelovebarefeet

hmm.... well...

i'm getting kinda nervous.. i think he's liking these pills too much.. he gave me one, and damn i can see why! it is kinda close to smack, and thats scary!

but he lives with some people, and one of their friends stole 3 of his pills, and he freaked.... but i am kinda glad that he did because i would prefer him NOT to get super addicted....

7. oOflyeyesOo

oOflyeyesOo Member

Haha, it is a opiate but it is not near the high that smack would give you. How many mg did he get?

Hydrocodone is the chemical in vicodin or lortabs. And yea like they said above it is nothing like valium which is a anit-anxiety medication.

8. ssj3gotenks

ssj3gotenks Member

Hydrocodone is a narcotic antitussive and is placed in the Schedule III and Schedule II act. Pure hydrocodone (not available in the United States) is schedule II while preparations containing other non-narcotic drugs are schedule III (Vicodin, Lortab, Lorcet, Norco, Vicoprofin, Hycomine). The reason why they are schedule III is because users cannot successfully inject a medication like vicodin due to the fact that it contains acetaminophen. Schedule III means that the drug has accepted medical use and has a lower potential for abuse than Schedule II drugs (oxycodone, morphine, amphetamines (including methamphetamine but not methylenedioxymethamphetamine (schedule I), hydromorphone, oxymorphone, methadone, fentanyl, cocaine, and phencyclidine (PCP). Most schedule II drugs are narcotics (drugs that relieve pain). Schedule III drugs include the hydrocodone (less than or equal to 15 mg/unit) with combination product, dronabinol, anabolic steroids, codeine combination product (less than or equal to 90 mg/unit) By the way, schedule I means that the drug has no accepted medical value and has a very high potential for abuse. Drugs that are schedule I include tetrahydrocannabinols, methylenedioxymethamphetamine, Gamma Hydroxybutyrate (GHB), lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), psilocybin, diacetylmorphine (heroin), mescaline/peyote, and other hallucinogens (with the exception of dronabinol (synthetic THC which is schedule III). While i'm talking about the Controlled Substances Act, Schedule IV drugs are drugs that have accepted medical use and are have a lower potential for abuse than Schedule III drugs. The drugs include benzodiazepines (alprazolam - xanax, diazepam - valium, nordiazepam - ativan, temazepam - restoril), dextropropoxyphene (darvon, darvocet) in dosage forms, phentermine, modafinil (provogil), and zolpidem (ambien). Lastly Schedule V drugs are mostly preparations with the exception of pyrovalerone.

9. Mercury

Mercury Member

My boyfriend is currently in withdrawls from taking hydrocodone. He has taken large quanities daily any where from 16 to 39 pills in one day. It's insane the amount that he has taken. On top of the hydrocodone he takes valiums and is on heart medication and a durietic. He hasn't had any hydrocodone in about 7 days now and is still taking the valiums. I don't think he has taken any of his heart medication or the durietics since he stopped the hydrocodone. He can't go to the Doctor because he has no insurance and he is really sick.

I don't know how long this will last. It may kill us both before it's over.

10. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

as long as your constantly reminding yourself that its an opiate and therefor its teh same addiction mechanism as heroin just on a milder scale. so just dont up your dose (unless you want to do it recreationally, which is gonna mean you can get a psychological addiction that would probably stop you from being cautious about the physical one, a savage loop)

11. peacelovebarefeet

wowwww..... 16-39 pills a DAY!?

i cant even imagine that...... i hope you get through everything, mercury... if you ever need to talk about anything, PM me....

good luck...

12. Mushroom Master

Mushroom Master Member

hydrocodone is not fun at all in my opion. It makes me numb but I get really tired and fall asleep. If i that 3 0r 4 pills everything is really spinning and if I just stand up I think im going to puke. THe side effects are terrible for me I found a bottle of about 30 pills in my sister old room and I use about 15 pills experimenting with it and found is dumb., so I gave the rest away to my friends.