Hydrocodone Schedule Change.

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by happydude_60, Sep 14, 2014.

1. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

Here is an excerpt of a notice I received from the VA:

When I called my doctor's office out there they told me that when my current refills run out my doctor will have to renew my prescription each month, instead of every 6 months like it is now.

2. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I've always found stricter prohibition to help addiction rates.

Just kidding.

3. Dalamar

Dalamar Member

I know how you feel. The new laws are making things very hard on legit pain management patients. I want to move but can't as it will be very difficult for me to get my medication. Many doctors now simply will not write rx for pain meds anymore. It isn't hard to see why people are turning to heroine.

4. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

the addiction rate stays nearly the same, it just makes it suck a lot more to be addicted. its doing the opposite of improvement. it also makes it suck a lot more for legitamate patients

5. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Cha-Ching. Doc's making mad bank on office vistits.

6. happydude_60

Well, I can call his office to have it renewed. It still only requires an actual visit every 6 months, which I do anyway. But that's at the VA. I'm not sure how it will work for private doctors. In the long run this won't reduce abuse any more than any other law. It may result in fewer people being prescribed Hydocodone, which will reduce the supply, which will increase the street price, but a lot of people will still pay it, and those that won't could very well end up switching to Heroin, as a previous poster said. So the net result will be a headache for doctors and more people addicted to Heroin. Good job DEA.

7. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My husband must go into the pain doctor's office every month to have a 30 day prescription written.

8. happydude_60

Now that does suck.