Hunt ban?

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Zonk, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Claire

Claire Senior Member

good.point...one.thats.often.not.made......Animal testing is not reliable.....apart.from.the.fact.it.is.unethical...

2. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

I know all that ... but their are countless other drugs that have been tested and are in use and have saved lives..the examples you mention are valid and probaly the reason the use of animals is dwindiling and other means are being found ..

That was not my point realy .

http://www.rds-online.org.uk/pages/home.asp?i_ToolbarID=8&i_PageID=94

3. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

What, licensed cruelty?

Connect with that feeling. It's called compassion. It's called empathy.

Again though, this buys into the myth that farmers believe that they'll need to kill more foxes once hunting is banned. They don't. In fact, before the threat of a ban, I never once heard anyone refer to fox hunting as 'pest control'. This is an entirely artificial argument that's only been introduced into the debate since the threat of legislative action.

This should probably be a new thread if you want to discuss if further. For now, let me just point out that just because drugs are in use and have been tested on animals, it doens't mean that it was necessary or informative to test them on animals. Animal experimentation is a deeply flawed practice that represents extremely bad science. Also, if, as a species, we consider it acceptable to torture animals in order to save our own lives, are those lives really worth saving? Animal experimentation is one of the surest indicators of our lack of moral worth.

4. Zonk

Zonk Banned

5. TreeHouse

TreeHouse Member

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! Nearly every anarchist type protest has ended in violence and running battles with the police. :D
    [​IMG]
    These are hardly peaceful people are they?

6. Zonk

Zonk Banned

Since when have I ever claimed to be a law abiding citizen?:H

NEVER!!!!

7. DoktorAtomik

Does that look like an anti-hunting protest, dipshit? Oh yeah, you can tell it is by all the "ban hunting" placards.

8. Zonk

Zonk Banned

And anyway

THERE AIN'T NO JUSTICE..JUST US!!!!

init Doc!;)

and by the way HERR Baumhaus your talking rubbarb....we haven't had a prober ruck with the plod in years.

SADLY!

9. TreeHouse

TreeHouse Member

No but most of the same people who go on anti-hunting protests also on anarchist type protests.

10. DoktorAtomik

Shows how little you know, I guess. How many sabs you been on?

11. Zonk

Zonk Banned

Another load of tripe...anarchists are rarely into single issue politics.
    Most anarchists despise the animal rights groups.

12. DoktorAtomik

Yeah. Most animal rights activists I've met have been pacifists. In fact, I even remember a local hunt sab group arranging non-violent self-defence classes. Bit different from the hunters who were chomping at the bit to hit any sab they could get near. Still, I guess that's what it does to you when you spend your weekends killing for fun.

13. Zonk

Zonk Banned

Absolutely!

Treehouse ain't very good at this is he?!

14. TreeHouse

TreeHouse Member

And most animal rights activists tend to be left wing or anarchists and alline themselves with the anti-capitalist movement. Sure they are non violent when they are outnumbered by hunt supporters who wouldn't be.;)

15. Zonk

Zonk Banned

You really should give up this Troll business you know mate.....

16. DoktorAtomik

More drivel. Most animal rights activists are actually middle class and fairly conventional. It's entirely obvious that you've never been involved in the animal rights movement and get all your ideas about it from the press.

As for violence, I personally remember a grouse shooting sab where the sabs outnumbered the shooters by about ten to one. I also remember how the sabs sat there and took it when they were attacked and hit about the head, despite having the numbers to strike back quite easily. You don't have the first fucking clue what you're talking about. Go back to reading the sun.

17. TreeHouse

TreeHouse Member

Oh yes I do! Only too well infact. Animal rights activists are very violent, maybe not the majority but a sizable minority. Fpr example sending death threats to staff of research laboratries like Huntingdon Life Sciences, burning out their cars, attacking their homes with paint, verbally abusing and phyically assualting them in the street etc.

I can also remember a few years back that a full scale riot broke out outside Hillgrove Cat Farm in which riot police struggled hard to restore order against a mob of 2,000 violent animal rights activists! ;)

18. Zonk

Zonk Banned

2000 violent activists! Ha! How funny!

Yes it kicked off but you really must check your facts! Those papers you read are fucking with your brain.:rolleyes:

By the way it cost £3,000,000 of tax payers money to police. The last I heard Herr Baumhaus it was shut.

A bloody victory if ever there was one.

a picture of one of Treebots 2000 violent activists at Hillgrove.

19. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

No .

I do have compassion and i do have sympathy..this is what i was trying to convey.. The rest of my thoughts (above) states why any compassion i may have is extinguished ,because the poor foxes are going to have to be cotrolled anyway so will die . None of the means are pleasant are they. You get rid of fox hunting and you have the two means i say above both not that nice are they .. in particular the snare method that leaves the animal in pain for hours sometimes days.

How does this answer relate to what i said in anyway ??? my entire post was about the fact that whoever whatever means foxes die .. quote me figures for who or what kills more ... i am sure they are all comparible in the long run..the so called humane means make me laugh because thats not the case ..its just an excuse to stop one lot of people doing the job campared to another. Hunts people you say do it for 'sport' well probably but the farmer only lets them on his/her land to do a function ..but thats not realy my point because its been gone over before..my main point is why i can't deciede.

I understand what your saying, but i am am in a morale quandary ..i was trying to say in my post this quandary i have..yes if i just thought about my lovely dog when thinking i would not realy see the bigger picture ...i would realy like to see it the way you do , i am not moraly bankrupt just can not reduce it all down to the fact that animals die. i realy wish i could

http://www.rds-online.org.uk/pages/home.asp?i_ToolbarID=8&i_PageID=94

This is not all rubbish and you seem to ignore any/all benefits...wich i understand but can't do myself. Please explain how simple it is to do ??.

20. TreeHouse

TreeHouse Member

Surely that is a bad thing wasting tax payers money as the tax payer is people like you and me. By the way there is a simple way to stop animal abuse. That is to join the RSPCA. If millions of people all joined the RSPCA then animal exploitation and abuse would soon be a thing of the past in this country. Therefore the best course of action would be to act as recruiters for the RSPCA. What's wrong with doing things legally?