hungry?

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by shinta, May 25, 2004.

1. shinta

shinta Member

I've been a veggie for 3 months now.
    Now,since I'm a veggie ,I'm more hungry
    does enyone expirience that too?

I'm also freezing cold and expirience more pain,for example when you bumb into a table I have more pain then before being a veggie

2. shinta

shinta Member

the same as before.

but your right ,I've become more sensitive
    thanks!

3. clawsy

clawsy Member

i think i noticed the more hungry thing too. I now make sure i get a bit more protien in meals, beans, soy etc and also i try and eat low GI foods, and this has helped me with the always hungry thing, and with feeling 'well' not shaky and weak which i get if i eat a lot of junky processed carbs or if i skip meals. i also eat lots of snacks rather than one or two big meals, seems to work good for me, i think thats just me though and not the veggie diet.

4. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

Bananas are great for filling you up and getting rid of those hunger pangs.

5. babovic_sonja

babovic_sonja Member

I haven't become more sensitive... lol... maybe that's just because I'm not completely vegan, lol.

I have gotten more hungry though, albeit I still eat a lot of junk food. So I try and eat more foods that really fill me up, but have less calories, like lots of salad, tomatoes, and peas (mmmmmmmmmmm, my favourite). I don't know about getting more cold, since I live in a country where it's 50+ degrees during the summer, approaching 40 now...

Hey, uhhhh, has anybody experienced the feeling... like, you know when you eat a cheeseburger/anything else with meat in it... and you feel like someone's sitting on your chest, and you can't breathe properly... ? I got that every time I ate a piece of meat... is that heartburn? I've realised it's completely because of meat, because I never ever get that since going vegetarian, even though I do eat high-calorie foods.

6. shinta

shinta Member

I feel sick when i have eaten meat,I get nosious and the urge to trow up

7. shutterfly

shutterfly Member

Yea.. I used to get that feeling too. I don't think it's heartburn though, that feels more like a burning sensation in your esophagus. I think the weighted feeling was from eating such a heavy, dense hunk of flesh, or a pound of dairy( like with pizza ). Now, no matter how full I get being vegan I don't get that feeling. I just get feelings of complete satisfaction and good health.