Hundreds of children being taken from their parents at US border

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Deidre, Apr 21, 2018.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Excuse me, I thought you mentioned that children have been separated from families for years in the U.S.
    I was agreeing with you.
    I thought those incidences qualified as having gone on for years.
    I'm not including families separated because of neglect, abuse, or felony convictions.

2. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

No I said it was done before Trump and there was no outcry by the same ones outcrying now.

Just go back 20 years. You know. Like recent history that we are in control of.

The Dems have admitted it happened, they just didn't keep count of how many. You trying to equate it to slavery is yawnable.

3. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

If it was slavery, the illegal alien internment centers would be work camps, all of the illegal aliens would be wearing ankle transmitters and they'd be working until they paid off their fines for entering the country illegally (which should be a felony), or until their home country pays to bail them out (as in, buy them back). THAT would be slavery.

Calling the system now slavery and Nazi concentration camps is not only disingenuous, it's a raw insult to the REAL slaves in the world as well as the people who were REALLY collected and gassed to death. Every time one of these leftist stooges on the air compares this to either slavery or the Holocaust, I lose another ounce of respect for them. I'm at a deficit already, so those lazy "journalists" owe me about 35 lbs.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    Orison and SpacemanSpiff like this.
  4. MeAgain

When did the Democrats institute a policy of separating children from their parents for a misdemeanor on a large scale such as this?

5. MeAgain

I'm not comparing this to slavery or Nazi death camps. I merely stated the two times that I know of that children were separated from their parents in the U.S. by government policy.

6. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

G
    Go back and read the links. It was in fact one of the lefts links posted that the Dems admitted it happened but they didn't know how many.

7. MeAgain

Sorry, can't find it in this thread, please point it out to me when you get time.

I googled for it and only found that Democratic Rep. Henry Cuellar said that large numbers of child migrates were held in cages at detention centers in 2014 under Obama, but we know that. They were unaccompanied by adults, not taken from their parents.

The sources, all the same, also say that he said that he released photos of children separated from their parents, but I see no confirmation, photos, or details as to what truth there is, why they were separated if they were, and what number.

Fact Check claims there were separations but
    Which we already knew.

8. GeorgeJetStoned

Which is why it wasn't a response to your post.

9. MeAgain

Okay.

10. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

11. MeAgain

Thanks.
    After reading the article it appears the parents who were deported, were done so mostly for crimes, although they don't specify what crimes or the severity.

The parents and children were not forcibly separated. The parents had the option of taking their children with them or arranging for other family members to care for them.
    So it doesn't appear to be the same thing as forcibly taking children without permission from the parents and shipping them off to parts unknown.

Regardless, this is why we need immigration reform and a path to citizenship.

eggsprog likes this.
  12. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Show me where a path to legal citizenship is being denied by the Republicans. Requesting asylum does not mean it will be granted. Particularly if it's being abused.

13. mcme

mcme lurker

It seems to me that you're suggesting the people already here, albeit illegally, should have an advantage in gaining residency over a person who's following the rules. There's a very clear path to citizenship, and breaking the rules should under no circumstances be an advantage.

14. MeAgain

It seems to me that the Republicans control the House, Senate, and the White House.
    So where is the reform that will help these families?

Trump just told the Republicans not to bother.
    They already control three arms of the government, but can't even get there own members to pass anything...so now Don says we need to control the entire House and Senate...THEN maybe we can get something done.

15. MeAgain

Did I say that? I don't think so.

16. mcme

mcme lurker

Sorry then.

17. Nikki Lynn

Nikki Lynn Members

As they should be. If an American Citizen breaks the law and is arrested ,they can't take kids to jail with them. So what is so hard to understand... Break the law suffer the consequences .

18. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

It's obvious you don't understand left logic. Welcome to the alternate universe.

Aerianne likes this.
  19. GeorgeJetStoned

Saw this floating around the web:
    [​IMG]

20. MeAgain

American Citizens normally, as per government policy, don't have their children taken from them for a misdemeanor.