Hundreds of children being taken from their parents at US border

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Deidre, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Just on human trafficking:

[​IMG]

In terms of numbers. Russia and China are the worst, China internally

About 20,000 North Koreans each year are sent by their own government to Siberia

There seems to be a big correlation between trafficking and communism

Beach Ball Lady Balls likes this.
  2. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

I watched a really good documentary on this. The path for human trafficing is often from Russia, Poland, Hungary, Romania and China, to South America and then smuggled across the border into the USA with false documentation and then into Canada. They are actually taught to say American citizen among other phrases and children are often involved. The trafficing path further takes some to the Middle East where they are auctioned off. In the USA when they cross over from South America they are sold to someone else who will put them to work.

To simply separate a so called mother or father from a child or supposed partner for a while to ensure the safety of even one child or person being a victim is worth it in my opinion. 20 000 people are brought into the USA every year for trafficing. It is a 32 billion a year industry and third on the list of profit from crimes, behind 1st drugs and second weapons.

3. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

This is really interesting, I wasn't aware of the path for human trafficking and where much of this is coming from. Appreciate you sharing!

4. OrleansWordsmith

OrleansWordsmith Moderate anarchist

People desperate to get here may use desperate, illogical measures they think might work. It's very sad for those children... And the children may have been sent with these adults to try to meet relative, as I think was indicated, who were already in the states, but not necessarily their parents. Those adults may have been coyotes, or coyote/immigants. Trying to get in themselves using children as easier access. Someone already mentioned this.

ZenKarma likes this.
  5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Sad that the US is such a big destination :(

Dare I ask what is happening to the people trafficked here?

6. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Sex trafficking is in the same league as drugs. They have a HUGE customer base here in America.

I have pretty much come to a personal conclusion that if there is sex for money involved, few if any, women are doing so independently. They are in sexual servitude to some asshole that is feeding the sexual drug to other assholes that pay the price.

It disgust me as a human and as a male to know that men will do this chyt.

And I don't want to make this about poor immigrants because many are paying for it, in various class levels. But they do tend to cater to say Illegal immigrants that are here on the down low that have little money. Are provided with Mexican "lovers" because they can keep the whole underground aspects of it going. Illegals will use illegals to keep both sides hidden. And since they don't make much money, the women they get to use are pretty cheapo also. In some parts of Arizona, Texas etc. they can go get a cheap Taco and cheap sex in the same building.

Its a HUGE problem that is hiding in plain site in this country. Just like drugs. If we stopped using them, there is no market for them.

HUGE $$$$$ involved.

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

There was a big sex trafficking bust in my state (which is fucking terrifying) and they were mostly pimped out as prostitutes :( and kept in horrid conditions and abused

8. Noserider

One of the reasons I wish they'd legalize and regulate prostitution, is that it might reduce (probably will never truly end, however) these kinds of things.

9. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I have aligned my opinions on the matter with Social Problems: Continuity and Change. It says:
    I think legalization of marijuana is one example where this is being taken seriously. And it doesn't only take away from organized crime. As we know from Washington and Colorado, it can generate a serious and advantageous tax revenue.

10. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

That only takes into consideration people who willingly/voluntarily become prostitutes. There will still be those who are forced into it, sadly.

11. Noserider

Right, but there would be less of a market for forced prostitution if it were legalized. I think if Prohibition has taught us anything, it's that when you criminalize something, it's run by criminals; when you legalize it, it's run by business owners.

Asmodean and Deidre like this.
  12. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Ahhh yes, you’re right. That’s a good point.

13. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

This is similar to what happened in Syria/Libya. We help facilitate a coop to remove a democratically elected president in Honduras which causes chaos and a refugee crisis. Then help to organize a caravan for people to get to the U.S. Hardworking immigrants will help solve our demographic problem and encourage more competition in the labor market. Germany did the same thing by holding on to the best refugees while deporting the less desirables.

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

What about women that will do this chyt, how do you feel about that? The Maldives, Kuta cowboys

Few if any women are doing so independantly? That just sounds like something you want to be true. My country, Sydney anyway, all of the brothels are in strips alongside the universities. Paying off your tuition isnt exactly forced prostitution

No, Meliai and Noserider are right. You have to legalize prostitution there, but if you do, there will be more women doing it independantly than you ever want to believe. Vegas didnt get where it is just on flashy lights and gambling

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

List of countries by social welfare spending - Wikipedia

You will note the top 10 of OECD countries are all in europe, Germany being 9th

Germany spends 3 times as much per capita in welfare than Sth Korea does

Its going to cost all of Europe big time in the long run, the impact already started 20 years ago

16. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Germany is now passing a law that bans refugees from receiving welfare for the first 5 years.

Germany Moves To Ban Refugees From Welfare; Politician Calls For "Islam Law" To Limit Influence

Germany has a big problem with an aging population similar to Japan and the U.S. Young immigrants in general help to offset deflation.

17. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

If a woman wants to sell her sex for money I have no problem with it. And yes I'm well aware that Vegas has legal prostitution. Although I don't know how many are independent. And maybe you missed my area of disgust. Women being forced into sex trafficking and the men involved on both supply and demand side of it are my problem. And any females who enslaven women, same thing.

I am opposed to sex trafficking in all it's forms.

Voluntary is not my issue.

18. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

A sad link that makes some interesting points. What is "assimilation"? I see where Germany is coming from but the issue seems to be the religion and the inherent fear that it will take over. Who cars if a Christian or Jewish church is built? But at the same time Germany is not the middle east. It's a little unreasonable to expect that.

The mission of Christians is to spread the word, it can be done in an annoying way. Islam is the same. It does not mean your head will be chopped off over it.

19. Noserider

While legal in the state of Nevada, it's actually illegal within the Last Vegas city limits.

Not sure why. But there you go

20. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

This is correct. But there is plenty illegally sold in Vegas. If you look to have some $$ and aren't with a date, you'll easily be approached about seeing if you want one.

Not even trying to make it hard to find.