Hundreds of children being taken from their parents at US border

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Deidre, Apr 21, 2018.

1. I’mtheonlynudistIknow

I’mtheonlynudistIknow Members

Democrats don’t want to negotiate anything with this administration. They seek only to bring it down and nothing less. They will fail.

2. I’mtheonlynudistIknow

What?

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

4. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

A little over a year ago, the parties seemed to be making progress on a deal to trade money for the Wall for a path to citizenship for DACA recipients. The intransigence of the Freedom Caucus shot it down. Since then, Trump's actions have made negotiation more difficult. It remains to be seen whether or not he lasts.

5. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

6. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Answer me this

how can someone not work and get welfare when they have no goverment ID to be on the "grid"? They can not. Those who cross the border can not use the social welfare that you can.

How can someone who does not work take your job? They can not.

This is why you are ignorant of the realities of the situation.

snowtiggernd likes this.
  7. I’mtheonlynudistIknow

Yeah, I don’t know what you’re talking about. You saw a South Park cartoon and think everyone who is against open borders fears their job being taken. Mistaken.

As for welfare benefits they most certainly can and do collect especially in sanctuary states where they can indeed get state ID cards. Anyone who shows up at a hospital ER must be treated regardless of anything. City employees aren’t even allowed to ask citizen status.

And you know what? I agree with providing food and healthcare to those in need. Every human being should be supplied with a safety net.

Which is all the more reason why we have to control the number of people coming in. We require immigration to keep our economy growing and we should offer help to some refugees. But we must get control over the numbers of people we let in and we should know who they are and how they are going to avoid becoming ‘wards of the state’. You know. Like they did at Ellis Island.

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I thought he was referring to people claiming such things in this thread.

9. Joboo6

Joboo6 Members

Build that fucking wall, I’m a brick manufacturer by the way.

10. GuerrillaLorax

"Custom and Border Protection plans to open a new holding facility in El Paso.[1] After backlash against the deaths of two children in the CBP custody and the force-feeding of migrants on hunger strike, the agency will design a detention center to incarcerate families. Many of those detained will be migrants seeking asylum from state cooperation with organized crime, civil unrest, and retaliatory violence in Central America and the Caribbean."

"The families who cross the U.S.-Mexico border are detained for 8-10 days in small cells that are so cold fingers turn blue, lips chap and split. [3]

The rooms, known as ice boxes or hieleras for their frigid temperatures, look like drunk tanks. They were designed in the 2000s to hold individuals for short periods of time before deportation. Children are often separated from their parents, and then all migrants are divided by gender into the overcrowded holding cells. Children are not supposed to remain in the processing centers for more than 72 hours.

Since December, Jakelin Amei Rosmery Caal Maquin, age 7, Felipe Gómez Alonzo, age 8, and two adults have died after protracted stays in the hieleras."

"The proposition from the Left is that those in custody will receive better treatment once the U.S. builds more detention centers. However, the exclusionary mission of CBP fails to support this delusion.

The lack of oversight for the detentions has meant migrants languish in jails for months after their scheduled release.[14]

The desert is littered with slashed water jugs. [15]

At the underpass-turned-concentration-camp, Border Patrol turned away a volunteer donating baby food.[16]

Both systemically and discretely, the domestic-security agency demonstrates its stated goal: to terrorize people into self-deporting."

Excerpts from - The Only Crisis is Border Patrol Violence

11. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The statement on the statue of liberty doesn't include little brown people. Stephen Miller is going to carve that onto the base of the lady himself.

12. GuerrillaLorax

13. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Foreign aid is when poor people of rich countries give to rich people in poor countries

Change my mind

14. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Changing your mind on anything would be impossible. You need to change our minds that everything you say is not dubious partisan spin. Fraid it didn't work this time. Your catchy jingle seems to have been lifted from the front page of the April 28 British tabloid The Daily Mail Ephraim Hardcastle: Foreign aid - 'poor people in rich countries sending money to rich people in poor countries' | Daily Mail Online ,banned by wikipedia as an "unreliable source.Wikipedia bans Daily Mail as 'unreliable' source
    Contrary to popular misconceptions, U.S. foreign aid has never been designed mainly to help poor people. We give foreign aid mainly for security purposes and to promote U.S. trade. The top recipients of economic aid are Israel, Afghanistan, Egypt, Jordan Pakistan and Iraq. Three quarters of our military aid goes to two countries: Israel and Egypt. I wonder why?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    Asmodean likes this.
  15. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I also wonder why. :)

16. Asmodean

They will use mexican bricks. It's more cost efficient.

17. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Its not gonna be bricks. Steel slats.

18. Asmodean

Chinese steel :D

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

20. GuerrillaLorax