Hundreds of children being taken from their parents at US border

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Deidre, Apr 21, 2018.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

This is partially true. Many voters are uninformed...but lately the Republicans are cornering the market on stupid.

eggsprog likes this.
  2. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Yep. Finally reaching parity with the Dems.

3. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

The more the Tea Party gets away with, the bolder they become and the more stupid mistakes they make. Not that it matters, when the public is lucky if they can determine when to vote the bums out of office.

4. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

The Tea Party was not on Trump's side in 2016 and only saw him as a vote siphoning spoiler. They didn't want to risk another Ross Perot, which begat Bill Clinton in so many ways. And that's just the cherry on their turd shake. The Tea Party has been a divisive phenomenon that couldn't give a straight answer to just how right they leaned. I fully believe it led to Cantor's upset and a few others.

If their purpose was to screw with republicans, it worked well. Too many democrats pat themselves on the back for things that originated as Tea Party initiatives.

5. wooleeheron

The Tea Party is not a real party. They are cannibals who organize like chickens, and whoever wins, wins, which is why Donald Duck is our president. The republican party was always the source of wingnuts and extremists but, after the Soviet Union collapsed, the price of freedom in the free world went through the roof. Nobody, but nobody, has managed a serious protest. When two million women peacefully protested their president, they represented less than 1% of the population. Welcome to Libertarian Paradise, where politics are all about which clown screams the loudest and who waves the most guns in the air and can afford to buy their freedom.

6. GeorgeJetStoned

Agreed, if they were a party, they'd be a party. Instead they are underground for all but a trickle of their capabilities. Also, any "peaceful protest" that's headlined with vile and divisive vitriol just doesn't ring "peace". Sure, they're free to say what they want, but calling it "peaceful" just because there are no riots ignores some of the tenets of our hate crimes legislation. And very little of that sounded like "love".

Americans have no friends in Washington. All we are to them are millions of ATMs, ripe for looting. Regardless of party, they are fighting for our sweat.

7. wooleeheron

They are fighting to create the next South Africa. I'm a military brat, and know exactly what they are doing. They are building walls, throwing people over the boarder, and buying up and dividing up the mass media and internet, because majority rule doesn't suit their desire for either racial purity or to share the entrenched wealth of the country with anyone. They are working very hard to make "Neo-Nazi" and "KKK" much more consumer friendly as the new name for the republican party. That is, until the crap hits the fan and they no longer care what anyone thinks.

8. GeorgeJetStoned

I'm not a big believer in the supposed KKK renaissance that apparently began when Obama was elected and escalated when Trump was elected. There are more gang members in a major US city than klansmen in the entire nation. So get used to my lack of enthusiasm toward the KKK or Neo-Nazis as if they were actually some kind of a national threat. In local parlance I'd say "They ain't shit". They have no political power nor do they have any wealthy supporters. They couldn't keep their radio show going and barely keep their creepy web site up.

Too much of this has been sensationalized in the press until the claims are just plain silly. There's apparently a subconscious "White Supremacy" movement happening all around us, but somehow I didn't get the memo. As far as the border, I personally don't want to see hoards of Swedes illegally jumping into the US. Like every other nation on the planet, we have laws regarding the border. But consider who it is that really benefits from unregulated influxes of peasants, it's not the middle class Americans.

9. wooleeheron

Its not their memberships that are the issue. Over a quarter of the country is seriously bigoted, and over half are significantly bigoted, while the statistics all show the white population is about to become a minority. They scream nonstop about blacks and Hispanics taking over the country and turning it into a commie hell or something. Anything, to make white males promote authoritarian government. Being majority ruled is no longer in their interest.

10. GeorgeJetStoned

Bigotry can fit any asshole, regardless of color or other identifying mantra. Don't you think though that if there was all this groundswell of latent bigotry, particularly among white people (since bagging on them is still basically cool), that we'd be living in a far different country than we do now? I see no value in promoting racial division. Even when it means getting to happily slam white people, as a race, for all that ails the world.

There's a word for that.

11. wooleeheron

Sadly, I believe bigotry is a biological response and even animals can display bigotry and the smallest infants. That's the problem, is they are organizing like chickens and acting like cannibals, and the minute the economy goes south or whatever they will eat each other alive.

12. GeorgeJetStoned

This is the inevitably common conclusion, as the money is squeezed, people become really honest with themselves. We're due for a recession that will probably lead to a multi-decade depression.

13. wooleeheron

The crap is hitting the fan from every direction at the same time, and the Pentagon and everyone is sweating bullets right now. Even the world ecology is showing signs of rapidly falling apart and the stock market is showing volatility because nobody believes a word anyone has to say anymore. My own belief, is the entire planet is poised to fall head first down the biggest rabbit hole in the history of the planet, as the next scientific revolution takes place. That's what I'm working on myself.

14. GeorgeJetStoned

The world owes more money than actually exists. What could possibly go wrong?

15. wooleeheron

LOL, I'm trying to follow it, but everything is going down the toilet all at once. Robotics, electronics, AI, quantum weirdness, its all converging at once and nobody can see it clearer than a fan of physics like me. They are literally one experiment away from discovering how quantum mechanics work, and have no clue what it means.

16. bluewatersurfer

bluewatersurfer Members

back on topic.....kids deserve better politics aside, HELP kids they did nothing wrong

17. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I'm embarrassed for you.

18. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

The senate was looking into this whole thing in a Judiciary Committee meeting yesterday. One top official defended Trump.
    Senator Dick Durbin disputes that remark:
    The whole thing is disgusting.

19. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Are there parents to reunite these kids with when they’re released? I have been reading mixed things that many of the adults who are bringing kids to the border, aren’t related to the kids in any way. I don’t understand though why parents wouldn’t be reunited and deported (at least reuniting the parents and kids) instead of detaining parents and the kids? :(

bluewatersurfer likes this.
  20. wooleeheron

The left wing is finally beginning to mobilize and I just read a report that claimed Facebook recently took down 32 webpages that belonged to an anti-racist group. Apparently, there have been riots and even a police helicopter shot down and people killed, but I don't watch the mainstream news to see what they are censoring these days. There is only so much anyone can do in the face of fascism, but the US has an enormous Jewish population in addition to all the other minorities, and we remember the cost of being too slow to confront fascists. They are waking up, but how far they are willing to go at this time remains to be seen.