How would you decorate your home if $$$$ wasnt a problem??

Discussion in 'Home Decor and Household Tips' started by Dude111, Jun 15, 2014.

1. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

cooking is cheaper, but avoiding cooking is the one luxury that i'm alright with regularly spending money on.

i keep my kitchen stocked with the stuff i need to make some sandwiches a few times a week, and a breakfast bar every morning. i spend about $5 a day at a local deli that has almost-homemade style foods at lunchtime. for dinner i either go to a fast food place, go home and make a couple sandwiches, or about once a week one of the women at work will take pity and bring me a home cooked meal.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

A moat, I could do with a moat and a draw bridge.

magickman likes this.
  3. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Cooking good food can be quick and is no harder than laying a meal out on a plate. I often put a raw chicken breast in a dish, score it and add sliced red pepper, chopped onions, mushrooms,some grated cheese, then add a few herbs and spices. (less than 10 minutes). 45 minutes in the oven with a potato baking and after I get out of the shower, and prepare a salad, I have a meal fit for a king (and queen if Jane is on her way home from work). A good self cleaning fan oven is all you need. A DISHWASHER is one luxury that we would not live without. I think that dirty plates and dishes are what puts most people off cooking.

4. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Our home is similar to the foyer of the theater that I designed GT061704_942long.jpg .

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

paint it red with a big MAGA tag on the side. ;)

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't mind doing dishes. but all that stuff you mentioned leading up to the meal sounds like torture.

even if it's only 15 minutes of work (which is still a lot considering how awful i find any food prep), that 45 minutes in the oven is kind of a deal breaker. more often than not, i don't get home from work until pretty late and i want to eat something, anything, RIGHT NOW.

7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

This is really cool and I love the skylight but I bet it's a bitch when you're trying to sleep in lol

soulcompromise likes this.
  9. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Some kitchens I like:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

soulcompromise likes this.
  10. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

leaning towards minimalism, but with interesting details

11. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also pretty:

[​IMG]

12. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I like minimalism but the second to last picture of the hallway with stairs is way too minimalist. It is screaming for a painting on the wall and maybe a small table with a vase of flowers on top

I love those wide plank floors though

Edit, referring to the post a couple of posts up

14. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

15. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

That pic is my fave xD

Such beauty.

16. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Deep purple walls, deep pine wooden upholstery, chequered, chess board, black and white ceilings, gold door knobs etc, marble jacuzzi.

17. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Double or triple glazed windows, or some other method to keep out noise from the street, assuming I'm going to be living in the city.

As much shelving as possible for books, whilst still leaving some wall space for a few selective paintings,drawings and prints.

One room would be extremely minimal, with only those Islamic inspired floor cushions lining the four walls of the room in a square configuration. Here friends and family sit to talk and ponder spiritual matters. Might have a shisha pipe in the centre of the room for the inhaling of non-narcotic flavours of apple and cinnamon and suchlike.

That would do me fine.

Make it so.

18. jesss

jesss Members

omg yes, these are so cool... The 3rd is my fav tho, I wish one day I will be able to afford it!!

19. jesss

jesss Members

I am 2a728d4deff7d92fad9357d2795631e1.jpg 2cfdba7f7093e1ee5b142e5ba0531f74.jpg 03f984a5911a2eac4f51a3f8e1707013.jpg

I love these ones!!!

20. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

jesss likes this.