how will Colorado's new laws change supply and demand?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Legal and Security Issues' started by pensfan13, Dec 6, 2013.

1. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Even though most of us dont have the ability to travel to the rockies im wondering how much if at all things will change in the far away states. Lets say i know a truck driver who drives cross country. Or a friend is visiting relatives there i would have a reliable connection to top rated stuff. Yes it is still ilegal here but there wouldnt be that worry about buying it from an undercover cop. Makes me wonder if bordering states will put up checkpoints. Sure some people might have reliable sources but not everyone does. I would think this would help increase the supply while the demand would only raise in those two states.

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I would not be surprised to see checkpoints. They already pay special attention to mail from Colorado because everyone is mailing it now. Weed is going to flow from CO and WA and sooner then later other states will see they have no choice but to accept it and get in on taxes. Only tourists will use the retail shops with the ridiculous tax of 25%. There will still be street dealers. So in an election or two they will either make it illegal again because there is no revenue or tax it at a reasonable rate. But the alcohol lobbyists pushed for this high tax. It is their way of discouraging weed use.

But of course it is perfectly legal to grow your own now too. So maybe people will be more comfortable doing that.

3. SamKush

SamKush Member

Still better than before I should say. State residents can buy up to an ounce per store while out of towners can buy a fourth of an ounce. Sounds a good deal to me especially if I can visit several stores and score 1/4 of an ounce from each. Hahah.

4. hippysmurf420

hippysmurf420 Member

The legalization hasn't put dent in the black market cause its taxed like crazy. And yes, we can grow our own. Why buy from a high priced store when all your neighbors have thier own plants? Medical patients still get the same low prices for top shelf stuff so people aren't letting go of thier red cards any time soon.

5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Unlike Washington. I fear that may happen here one day. You will have no choice but to buy the genetically modified weed available in stores.

6. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

That is hilarious. Someone with one post welcoming someone with over 4k posts to the forums.

7. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

A fourth? Who actually says that?

8. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Nobody. Its a quarter