How was your drive?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Just back from Malaysia

Its either the first time its happened, or the first time I'd noticed, but Google Maps asked me to rate my drive (down to the airport)

My first thought was, fuckin what?

1. Who is going to read that shit anyway, what am I going to say "Oh, there werent quite as many noodle stands as I thought there would be, if you want more noodle stands, take another route

2. I think it happened because Google knew I was in a hire car, through my gmail and or google calender, which is a bit creepy

3. In a year from now, as if anyone is going to read a review from a year ago saying, oh, traffic was so bad on
    Saya Suka Kari road, if you want to avoid traffic take Saya Benci Orang Barat drive

4. I bet there are a shit load of millenials that love doing that shit, posting about their drive reading other peoples feedback on their drives, replying with emojis

So dumb

2. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Some of my friends with Android phones started noticing this, too. I bet it's only active for certain popular drives, which is why it prompted you to rate this one to the airport. I'm guessing it's tied to location services being activated on your phone, or your maps app. I've seen other people get notifications mainly when we are at a restaurant or something. A message will pop up that says: "We saw you were at ______, please rate this restaurant." Ummm, no.

I rented a car on vacation a few weeks ago, and the car automatically synced to my phone. I didn't notice until I was out walking and opened up my Maps app, and on the map it said: "rental car parked" right where I had left the rental. You could click on the car icon on the phone and it would give you directions to the parked car.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i wish we had a rate your drive feature here that went straight to the city. "my muffler fell off when i went into the pothole." "i slid off the road again because it snowed last month and the roads still haven't been plowed." and so on.

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i would ask why are they discriminating against public transportation.
    i still don't get why anyone would want to drive in a city, let alone to an airport.

if i were going somewhere, especially long distance on a plane, the last thing in hell i'd want to worry about is driving.
    now if i were going to enjoy a road trip out in the country, that would be different, that's where cars belong,
    but in that case, the last thing in hell i'd be interested in would be googles routings,
    seeing off the beaten path back country strangeness would be the whole point of trip.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

Uber..

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I rated all the good places in America and let the shit places know what I thought. :p

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

you do realize, they won't let you take your car on the plane with you.
    that means if drive to an airport, you're leaving it in an airport parking lot,
    unless you bring someone with you who's not going with you on the plane,
    to drive it home for you.

america's hatred of public transportation reaches an insane hight when there aren't better alternatives to and from an airport then driving,
    or that it never occurs to a great many people here, that there just might be better and more logical ways to go.

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

When I'm in new cities I just use the bus that goes to the airport all day and night. You get on and it goes to the airport.

themnax likes this.
  9. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

MDT is the best navigation by far. Trouble is that it costs £30,000 and needs to log on via up to 20 modems.

10. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

12. KoralineH

KoralineH Members

Hi to all. I have no experience with car rental in Malaysia yet. But once I rented a car in Prague in the Czech Republic. It was from this car rental. And I was very happy with the negotiations of the owner. And it was already perfectly fine. I think it will be the same all over the world.

13. brilliant advertising

14. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

The best one that I can remember was.

SEX APPEAL
    Please Donate Generously

It was on the back of an extrovert night club owners pink Rolls Royce.

15. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

I get those surveys all the time because I travel for work so spend a lot of time in rentals. They’re stupid.

How was your trip? Well, I drove places and it didn’t break down, so there’s that.