How Was God Created?

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Motion, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Motion

Motion Senior Member

What do you think was God's origins? Who or what created the creator?

2. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That's a tough one. I'm not going to even try to make something up.

wilsjane likes this.
  3. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

This is all part of the inability of the human brain to comprehend infinity. When thinking too hard, it is always wiser to put the kettle on, make a cup of tea and spend some time on the internet. Alternatively you could book your room at a secure mental institution. :smiley::smiley::smiley: :sweat::sweat::sweat:

Meliai and Eric! like this.
  4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

ancient scholars and wisemen putting together fables to come up with a partly believable way to scare the masses into submission

man created all gods

tumbling.dice and MeAgain like this.
  5. DiagonalZone

DiagonalZone Member

mustve been, some sort of god god.... holy shit

Ged likes this.
  6. wilsjane

So who created the FIRST ancient scholar,??????????? LOL.

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

you mean where did man come from?...thats easy

aliens

8. wilsjane

So who created the god god and the holy shit.????...... Answer and we can keep this up all night.!!!! LOL.

9. wilsjane

Many a true word spoken in jest.

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i created a holy shit yesterday. and a couple days before that too.

11. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Given an eternity of time, the improbable impossible thing had to happen. This is proven by the fact that it did, of which we are the evidence. God popped out of nowhere, this happening all at once, in no moment and at all moments. God is in the structure of the Universe, is immanent self-becoming, and only thinks through the thoughts of Humankind. There is God, but God is not the God that we created in our religion, although that is a noble attempt at grasping the divine. God exists despite our belief or non-belief in God.

12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

God is probably older than the big bang. If there was even time before then. Well, maybe even if there wasn't.
    The consensus at this point is that there was nothing before the big bang. I would say it is fun to ponder this stuff but don't expect a conclusive answer. No human knows (except about the interpretations of other humans, then some believers seem to know it best... but thats the stuff SpacemanSpiff is talking about). There probably was something before the big bang as well.

13. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Oneness .

Partition is an act of war . In peace , consider that Existence and non-Existence are not opposites .
    As Life strengthens the universe with respect to its genius for motion , why not be devoted to
    Oneness in all you do ? No particular avatar of the One is necessary .

14. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

LIke, there was this big tremendous explosion, like,.. I don't know what you'd call it, man, 'cause it started, like from this, like, infinitely small point of nothing, and then it was explosively expanding, in this psychedelic... um, I mean, It was big man! But no, it was really really really small, can you dig? It was so small, but it was everything, man! I mean, like, big and small don't matter man, because it was like 'All that was happening,' man. But yeah, it became so fast so big you know, it was, like, Bang! and it was everywhere man! And like, it was so bright, I mean, it was like all the light in the universe man---right there, man! But it was growing, like, I mean, it really was a, what can you say... like... I mean it was trully an explosive, I mean, I'm like at a loss for words man, It was Bang! you know. It was a... That's it! It was a BIG BANG, man!

And that's how acid came to be man, ...wait, what? The question was how God came to be? Oh wow, man that's realy trippy...

That's like...

LIke, there was this big tremendous explosion, like,.. I don't know what you'd call it, man, 'cause it started, like from this, like, infinitely small point of nothing, and then it was explosively expanding, in this psychedelic... um...

scratcho likes this.
  15. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

His thoughts are higher than ours

16. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

In the beginning Man created God;
    and in the image of Man
    created he him.

2 And Man gave unto God a multitude of
    names,that he might be Lord of all
    the earth when it was suited to Man

3 And on the seven millionth
    day Man rested and did lean
    heavily on his God and saw that
    it was good.

4 And Man formed Aqualung of
    the dust of the ground, and a
    host of others likened unto his kind.

5 And these lesser men were cast into the
    void; And some were burned, and some were
    put apart from their kind.

6 And Man became the God that he had
    created and with his miracles did
    rule over all the earth.

7 But as all these things
    came to pass, the Spirit that did
    cause man to create his God
    lived on within all men: even
    within Aqualung.

8 And man saw it not.

9 But for Christ's sake he'd
    better start looking.

17. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

The god of vast non-existence had to be-no-more . There is not even a whisper .

18. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Slight correction: not for Christ's sake, but for the sake for mankind itself ;)

19. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

Ok, in all seriousness, let me answer this as my philosophy of Archephenomenalism would speculate on the question. It asserts that only the present has physical existence---nothing but the present exists in a physical sense. However the mind, being nonphysical, transcends the physical present, i.e. it transcends physicality. It also asserts that there are other things that are nonphysical, such as the wave side of the wave-particle duality, in other words the Quantum state where everything is superpositioned all through space and time.

Archephenomenalism is a phenomenalist philosophy meaning that it follows the reasoning that our whole perception of reality is due to the phenomena of that reality, not the reality itself, or as Kant would say, the thing-in-itself. If we define physicality as that which has a specific position in space-time then we realize that at the particle level, everything has a specific space-time position within an incredibly small increment of time---that is the present moment of Now, when everything that is physical is physically present. Of course, one moment of now, is replaced with another moment of now, and so on and so forth ad infinitum. But within each moment of now, that is all that physically exists, nothing else. But we experience time from one moment to the next, we remember the past, and anticipate the future, this is why we transcend physicality. Quantum Information, the nonphysical driving force that causes a wave to collapse into a particle at one specific point in one specific way, despite quantum uncertainty, which tells us that a specific particle, being superpositioned as it is, could manifest anywhere in the universe at any time. Yet enough particles at any time, due to quantum information, manifest where they need to in the present moment in order to generate a reality that is consistent from one moment to the next, creating objects that maintain their unique history of a past, and appear as they presently are, consistently from one moment to the next.

Mind, in all its aspects, or however you want to label that nonphysical aspect of the universe that carries an intentional object in order to create our reality in each moment, consistent with the moments before, and the moments after, and that has done so all through time, must therefore also transcend physicality, just as our individual minds do. We could call this the Tao, or God, or even the Universal Mind (nous) as Aristotle did. All of these terms, even the label of mind, with all its implications and nuances, are nothing more than words, labels, or symbols we use to try to describe this ever present nonphysical cosmic reality.

We know of the Big Bang through the phenomena of it---an electromagnetic disturbance that permeates the universe. It is therefore a physical thing---specifically, it manifests in a physical sense whenever we pick it up with a radio antenna and turn it into the sound of static, or the movement of a needle or a line on an oscilloscope when we otherwise try to measure it. The physicality of every moment of Now generates phenomena, and that static was generated, we believe, by the Big Bang. Therefore the Big Bang was the creation of the physical universe--of physicality. If mind, even our own individual minds, transcends physicality, then there is no reason to conclude that this absolute nonphysical aspect of reality was created in the big bang, it could just as easily have existed before the Big Bang. In fact it would make more sense that it would precede it.

This is why I used the term intentional object to indicate the intention of an object that achieves actuality in the quantum wave collapse---i.e. the creation of the physical particle in the moment of Now. This term, Intentional Object, comes from the 19th Century philosopher, Brentano, who stated that every thought is a thought of a thing---we cannot think of a thought without that thought representing some thing---that thing is the Intentional Object, and therefore every thought has an intentional object. Quantum Information also represents some thing---specifically, it represents a specific phsycal manifestation at a specific point of space-time. Now quantum information carries a history, it moves from one manifestation of physicality to another---in other words it carries the phenomena of reality, and it does so with the specific intention of manifesting in a new position in space time. It moves from one point of actuality to another.

The implication here is that each point of reality in each point of Now is created with intention---it has meaning (and remember that each manifestation creates the phenomena that results in future manifestations of reality. That is to say that each particle in each Now that manifests by having a specific position in space-time was intended--it has meaning and value. Therefore each moment of Now in the Big Bang happened intentionally--it had meaning and purpose. There had to be something to give it that meaning---something to give it a specific position within space-time, even if that position was the very creation of space-time.

So what does this mean in regards to the question, how was God created--assuming that we are using God to refer to this Absolute nonphysical aspect of the universe. We could say that it was created by the very first cosmic thought---the very first Intentional Object. Prior to that there was no meaning, no intention, no value. You might say that, well that's a cop out---because how did that first 'thought' happen? But the thing is that anything before that was meaningless, there was no intention---it was more than just a physical void----it was an Absolute meangnless void, and therefore we could say----before that first thought, the question becomes meaningless.

20. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

God creates dinosaurs
    God destroys dinosaurs
    God creates man
    Man destroys God
    Man creates dinosaurs
    Dinosaurs destroy man...

...woman inherits the earth

tumbling.dice likes this.