How tough do your feet get?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by andy28, Jan 13, 2019.

1. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

the more dog shit you nail, the tougher your dick will become.

2. I don’t answer questions

3. barefootPatrick

barefootPatrick Members

My feet are extremely tough. The soles are like rawhide since I’m always barefoot. I agree with you 100%. I too walked on a path that was once a railroad branch that was converted to a walking path. It was paved with a layer of pea sized gravel that was just quarried. That shit was fucking sharp. As I stepped, the corners of the stones would actually stick on my soles and I was sort of carrying it with me. It didn’t actually hurt in the callous but was a bit uncomfortable. There were some red marks on the softer skin on the arch but that’s was all. Hiking the mountains and stepping on sticks and branches, stones and thorns are not a bother. I have a heck of a time walking on acorns. That’s actually a little awkward.
    Glass is not a problem at all. I do get some broken shards in the callous but all I need to do is pull them out, which is not the easiest thing to do. That sole really does hold onto that. I once obliterated a pair of 4 foot fluorescent bulbs on my garage floor just for shits n giggles. Totally crushed the glass and walked on it. Never thought about the content of that powder that is inside and I would never do it again. Also wouldn’t step on shit either.
    Winter isn’t a problem no matter how cold it gets. I can walk on packed snow and ice without problems but it can get treacherous. If the snow gets on the softer areas of my feet such as the upper arch and between my toes, that gets too uncomfortable. I do get that tingling and itch like you described. Have to be careful here since frostbite can be dangerous.
    Despite the dangers I’ll remain barefoot. My soles have gotten quite resilient and along with watching my path, there won’t be a problem.

Sounds like you have feet with iron soles also.

BarefootedBoy and M_Ranko like this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

My feet get real tough. I only wear size 7 but I still kick dents.

deadguy likes this.
  5. barefootPatrick

barefootPatrick Members

Nice! You got soles of iron?

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yes I was kicking brick walls since I was a child. Eventually I would be able to toughen up my feet so that I would be able to break the bricks. I would use a piece of box cardboard on the face of the bricks so I would not cut my feet to pieces and that allowed me to kick the cardboard and reduce the brick to rubble behind it.

deadguy likes this.
  7. barefootPatrick

barefootPatrick Members

That’s fucking wild. I would kick my barefeet off of the cement blocks in the garage to toughen them. Eventually started loosening the block joints.

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

That's cool. I was also always like running up and down rocks in the river and in the forest as a kid and I think learning how to climb and jump from rock to rock really helped shape my feet and toughen them up that way. I have a bony structured foot, it's not unattractive but you can tell they're working feet. I've known people who were woeful at climbing a rock or what not and I think doing all that as a kid and having your feet adjust to that helps in the long run. I might be a little slower now walking on rocks, but I still have excellent balance when I do.

9. barefootPatrick

barefootPatrick Members

Same here.The bones and tendons pop out of the tops of my feet when I flex them. I hike through the mountains near my home barefoot and I can climb also without any problem.

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yes! Mine do that too! But my feet are ultra smooth all the time like I take no care to them except trim and paint my nails so they're pretty cool.

11. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Actually unlike yourself many of us have the mental capacity to scan the ground in front of us and easily avoid these things. Not a difficult task at all pretty much done automatically like breathing.

The topic is feet toughness but alot of it is just learning to walk and run properly, how you step and again scanning ahead the same way the other 1 billion + people on this planet who go barefoot most of their lives do.

12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

do people who never go barefoot not look where they're going at all? i usually pay attention to where i'm walking, and i pretty much never step on shit or sharp objects when i'm wearing shoes either.

13. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

It seems that way.

All these people wearing shoes.

A barefooter, or at least this one I got to scan ahead cause ya their might be something I don't want to step on. In the process I would notice a wall or fountain ect. Haven't watched the whole video yet.

Edit: They were all wearing shoes.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I always stare at the ground because I need to step precisely in the middle of squares, or leave the same distance between footsteps in squares and so forth. I'm pretty maticulous about this.

15. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

My feet have turned out pretty good for someone who only started at age 27. Thanks.

I don't feel like risking it with glass just to show off. The gashes from glass cuts are often wide and hard to heal and they bleed a LOT. Just a plain unpleasant wound to deal with, especially if it's somewhere that's supposed to support weight AND comes into contact with the ground.

Likewise, on snow, I don't push it past 10 minutes to protect myself from getting frost bites. Have you noticed, how slippery it is when you're barefoot on snow? Like, with shoes it's bad, but barefoot you seem to slip and slide even more.

It's really annoying when those pebbles stick, ainnit?

I thought those fluorescent tubes had mercury in them? Definitely toxic.

16. barefootPatrick

barefootPatrick Members

I looked up fluorescent tubes after reading your post. (Sort of like closing the barn door after the horse gets out huh!) They contain a mercury vapor gas that makes the phosphor powder coating inside glow. Never thought it was a good thing and never intended to do again. But I thought it was cool at the time.
    I never had a problem with glass. While stepping down on it I was able to judge how a piece of it was going to do harm and lighten my step. But I have had little cuts. Bee stings were always more numerous.
    Your right about the snow and ice. Barefeet are extremely slippery on that stuff. I get better traction hiking through mud.
    Gravel sticking to my feet was a minor annoyance. It’s the acorns. I have one hell of a time stepping on those little fuckers. And there rounded off except for the little cap and stem. I’d sooner walk over a mile of gravel than acorns any day. Seems like it doesn’t matter how much I relax my foot to conform to them. It’s just uncomfortable. That’s wierd isn’t it!

17. mmicmann

mmicmann Member

Goathead thorns are my nemesis:

goat_head_thorns-1.jpg goat_head_thorns-2.jpg

18. barefootPatrick

barefootPatrick Members

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, this happens too. maybe that's why i never step on stuff, yet occasionally run into doorways with my head.

Irminsul likes this.
  20. BareyMommy

BareyMommy Members

That's not a bad idea....

Oops I bumped an old thread