How to try shrooms for the first time

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by NyxNay, Jun 16, 2020.

1. NyxNay

NyxNay Members

I'm a recently graduated psychology student and I've always been very interested in psychedelics and have been wanting to try them for some time, but have really struggled to find access to them. This summer, I really want to try magic mushrooms, but I'm not sure how to go about getting some. I've looked into farming them, but I'm not sure if I want to make that investment since I don't know how much I'll even like the experience. I also am reluctant to try finding them in the wild, since I don't know enough to identify shrooms accurately enough to risk eating them. Do you guys have any recommendations for how to get some for someone's first time? I'm in San Diego county if that helps.

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

In pre-Covid times, going to a festival might be the way to go, I don't think shrooms grow in SD. I know they grow in San Francisco but I'm pretty sure only during the winter. But what is fairly easy to find in SD is San Pedro Cacti which contains Mescaline. It's kind of a long preparation as you got to cut it and boil or slice a specific region of the cactus but if you don't mind spending half a day in prep and you've never tripped before, it's just as worthwhile an experience as Shrooms.

NyxNay likes this.
  3. NyxNay

NyxNay Members

Can you point me to a guide on how to prepare San pedro?

4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

@NyxNay good luck. I used to sell them. Tell us how it goes! :) :sunglasses:

NyxNay likes this.
  5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

69ron's D-Limonene Mescaline Extraction - DMT-Nexus Wiki

There are other ways you can go to make a tea out of it as well, in fact, that's what I usually did. That route saves you money on supplies but you have to put up with the taste of it. Erowid has some resources for that and you just type it in to a search engine and probably pull up several results.

NyxNay and soulcompromise like this.
  6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I always feel like the big draw to fans of psychedelics is the mind altering property.

Because most of us want to help you. We want you to change your mind, man... Like, really change. :)

We just want you to find happiness in no uncertain terms; to find out what we found out! I sincerely hope you make it through to the proverbial other side @NyxNay.

If you can't work with the shrooms right now, do the cactus. GB will show you the way, dude! :sunglasses: :D

Don't forget to smoke out while you fry!!! :p

NyxNay likes this.
  7. NyxNay

NyxNay Members

Hey, so I tried the cactus a couple days back and (once I got over the nausea), it was a fantastic experience. I felt like a kid again, colors seemed so bright and I just sat out in nature watching the grass blow in the wind. Thank you to everyone who helped out. I'll continue looking for a way to acquire some shrooms, but for now I'm real happy with my experiences with psychedelics.

8. metalhead666

metalhead666 Newbie

From someone who just tried shrooms last night for the first time. To said nausea don't take them till 4-6 hours after you eat as well as use Dramamine or ginger for nausea I also get motion sickness and had that feeling as well as a fatigue like feeling in my legs like rubber ect. Don't do them alone with friends ect. You will laugh your are off all night and be in a state of euphoria very happy feeling you have no care in the world ect. I had a great experience.