"How To Talk to A Liberal"

Discussion in 'Political Books' started by dara325, Oct 11, 2004.

1. dara325

dara325 Member

Ann Coulter has come out with yet another attack on liberal views. Her new book "How to Talk to A Liberal (if you must)" comes out this month. Is this ridiculous, maybe we should write "How to talk to a Conservative (if you dare)", being that they are shaddy religious yuppies. What do you Think?

Quote from her Book: The essence of being a liberal: "The absolute conviction that there is one set of rules for you, and another, completely different set of rules for everyone else."

She really doesnt understand what a REAL liberal is!!!

2. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Yes, lets take out our hippie shotguns and kill the bitch.

3. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Let's all hug the female dog!?!?!?WTF?!?!:D

4. kozmicblues

kozmicblues Member

I love Ann Coulter because she thinks she's hot shit in the boys' game of political punditry but she's an obvious sham...doning nothing but repeating (poorly) what the menfolks says, flip her hair, and giggle. I don't know any self respecting neo-con that respects or references her--and I know a disproportionate amount of Hannity fans (One small step above the VERY bottom of the barrel). Just appreciate the fact that she thinks shes a lot cooler than everyone else knows she isn't.

5. tubahead

tubahead Member

"Quote from her Book: The essence of being a liberal: 'The absolute conviction that there is one set of rules for you, and another, completely different set of rules for everyone else.'"

You know she has a point, that's ulitimately what a liberal is, however she is wrong in her premise that everyone having a different set of rules is unjust. If there is one set of rules that applies to everyone then that implies that there is only one true way to achieve happiness, which is a very platonic way of looking at life. A better way, for me anyway, is to say that nobody knows what it is to be truly happy so you cannot discount anybodies method of achieving true happiness, however, it is vital not to interfere with anybody else's reasonable pursuit of happiness in attempting to act out your own reasonable pursuit of happiness, because then it would be impossible to learn from that other person.
    If that makes any sense.

6. when 2 roads meet

when 2 roads meet Member

That really does make sense, I guess I sort of always knew that, but never actually thought it out, that's a really good way to look at it. Sorry this was a pointless post I just thought I'd agree

sorry i have nothing new to add

7. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

i think they are talking about different kinds of rules...

8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

She's ridiculous -- just another mouthpiece for the neocons, and entertainment for the dumbed-down, misguided American sheeple that love her and the reactionary trash she spews

9. T.S. Garp

T.S. Garp Member

No question about it. Ann Coulter is nothing more than a partisan hack whose tirades should never taken as analysis of anything.

10. FreakyJoeMan

FreakyJoeMan 100% Batshit Insane

Hell, yes. I get the irony, but bitch-slap the whore.

11. Uncle Joe

Uncle Joe Member

Why does this bother you? Silly woman writes silly book for silly people. There will always be arseholes in this world, she is one of them. get over it!

12. SageDreamer

SageDreamer Senior Member

Silly woman writes silly books for silly people.

Silly woman makes silly amount of money doing so.

This is what makes it tough to get over.

13. Varuna

Varuna Senior Member

Silly voters . . . too many people are less than critical about the ideas they accept as true.

When someone like Ann Coulter comes along to bark out some passionately hateful "explanation," how many people take her seriously enough to vote according to her ideas?

We can thank Liberals for the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights, the abolition of slavery, the right to vote for all adult American citizens (except for felons), Social Security, the 40 hour work week, and on and on and on, the list is extensive.

14. Mua'Dib

Mua'Dib Member

ever since i saw her on the daily show i disliked her.

today, i was watching VH1's 25 gratest protest songs, and she was fucking on it, i changed the channel for about a minute or so. i really dont like her

15. dara325

dara325 Member

i saw that same show, i could not believe that they would allow her to be on that show, she being a conservative and all!!!

16. weaselpop

weaselpop Member

it's really depressing. i've moved to a new school and i've already met three conservatives. i'd never met a conservative my age before (anyone who cared in my own school were left) and it's really weird. i got into a blazing row with a couple one day, and they didn't know what the hell they were talking about. they just said what they'd been told - about 'thirteen yr olds getting pregnant to get a council house'. Any person could work out that couldn't happen, but because they'd heard people say this and it was to their advantage to believe it, they acted like it was fact. not just stuff like that. I can't talk to conservatives. i get to angry and frustrated. How can anyone growing up in a 'civilised' culture come up with that kind of bullshit? i don 't understand. i know they have a right to their views, but... It makes me angry and depressed.

17. Midget

Midget Senior Member

I read this thread about her book a few days ago, then I come home, and my dad had a copy of her book on the dining room table...lol. I started to flip threw it, but then I had to do my homework...I might read it, just to see what she has to say though.

18. Mua'Dib

Mua'Dib Member

they have conservitives on all the time. they just usually dont have idialog bitches

19. Midget

Midget Senior Member

20. 42snihctih42

42snihctih42 Member

ann coulter should be ashamed of herself, it is exactly her kind of mindless violent rhetoric that leads events like the tucson shootings.

"if liberals ever dared speak coherently about what they believe, the american people would lynch them"

in his review of her atrocious book "godless", christopher hitchens rightly pointed out that the word to avoid here would have been "lynch"- "Never to be employed flippantly, this expression has a real-time and real-life significance, which was felt very onerously in quite recent memory"- (written before the shooting)

on a less serious note, i think he is also right in stating:

The cover of this book shows her in a low-cut black dress with a prominent crucifix dangling over a modest cleavage. The needs of showbiz notwithstanding, I cannot fathom the reason for this slight come-hitherishness. Miss Coulter is not married and ought therefore, by her own loudly-proclaimed standards, to be a virgin and to remain so until further notice.