How To Stop The Alt-Right

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Fueled by Coffee, Nov 17, 2016.

1. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

One would like to think that despite all adversity and desperation that with faith - there is always 'Hope'

2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

The Alt Right......excuse me, the white supremacism,[3][13][14] Islamophobia,[15][16][17][18][19] antifeminism,[1][12]homophobia,[20][21][22] antisemitism,[1][2][4] ethno-nationalism,[23] right-wing populism,[7] nativism,[24] traditionalism,[25]and neoreactionary movement.[3][25][26] ' of red neck bastards that call them selves the Alt Right, in a disparate attempt to hide what they actually are....are in the process of flooding the internet with lies, half truths, innuendos, and misinformation.

These assholes set up legitimate sounding fake web sites to spread trash all over the net. They post undocumented "facts", often made up, and then work together to spread the same lie repeatedly through a network of similar garbage sites copy and pasting the same bull over and over setting up a non reality based echo chamber of stupidity.

Many of these sites have been found to originate in foreign nations and are set up to specifically influence Western thought. ~ State sponsored propaganda.

4 people like this.
  3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I just checked out this source, don't really have time for all of the links but I'd never heard of the neoreactionaries before. They definitely seem to maintain some odd beliefs. Not that I ascribe to anything they are suggesting but I find it fascinating coming from tech oriented people.

4. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Oh no no no I didn't mean to ask you directly. It was a question directed toward the social justice cult as a whole. They do prioritize feelings over facts. Often they censor free speech to prevent certain people from being butt-hurt.

Because everything that is taught on a mass level at any education center affects society as a whole.

The whole microagression trigger warning safe space bullshit actually makes students LESS prepared for the real world. They are teaching students that words that conflict with what they were taught by gender studies (or any bullshit studies) department could be harmful to their phyiscal safety. This is bullshit. The real world doesn't have safe spaces. I cringe at the idea that we are raising a new generation of college grads who turn out dumber and weaker than they did when they first enrolled.

Take for example, Harvard law students who don't want to study rape cases because they feel triggered http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/trouble-teaching-rape-law

Such fine lawyers they'll become [/sarcasm]

5. 6-eyed shaman

Exactly this!
    Plus, if the e-mails were forged by Russian hackers, why did Wasserman-Shultz resign immediately after the first wave of leaked documents? Things that make you go hmmmmmm

6. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

0-

7. 6-eyed shaman

Say it with me: everything is racist, everything is sexist, everything is homophobic, everything is islamaphobic, everything is abelist, etc etc etc.

8. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I am so glad that your voice of reason prevails in these discussions. Thank you.

9. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

So how is the vetting process done at Wikileaks these days? Must be quite a challenge vetting all that material supplied by Russia. Somehow, I have the impression Julian just dumped it at an opportune time near the eve of the election. I wouldn't trust the weasel to vet the time of day properly. How do you know he's so reliable? Just to participate in that stunt for the obvious purpose of manipulating our election discredits him, in my opinion. I can't conceive of a time when I would need him or trust him. He put that Monster in the White House,with the prospect of white nationalist Steve Bannon in the White House and the unreconstructed segregationist and racist Jeff Sessions as our Attorney General with responsibility to enforce the Civil Rights Acts. Nice going! I never accept racism gracefully.

2 people like this.
  10. 6-eyed shaman

Steve Bannon a white nationalist is quite hilarious considering most of the Breitbart staff is comprised mostly of Jews

11. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Why is that hilarious? I didn't say he was an Anti-Semite. In fact he's quite gung ho Israel. But an Islamaphobe through and through. And not to keen on the blacks or LGBTQs..

12. 6-eyed shaman

Its hilarious you think that because it simply isn't true. Here we go again with contrived identity politics....

13. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Contrived identity politics? Steve Bannon seems to be one of the foremost peddlers of an Alt Right line appealing to white ethno-nationalism. Didn't Breitbart run this headline two weeks after the killings of black churchgoers by that nutjob in Charleston, S.C.?
    Hoist It High and Proud: The Confederate Flag Proclaims a Glorious Heritage

Among other charming headlines, we find

Birth Control Makes Women Unattractive and Crazy
    Gabby Giffords: The Gun Control Movement’s Human Shield
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/02/political-correctness-protects-muslim-rape-culture/
    http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2015/12/11/dear-straight-people-im-officially-giving-you-permission-to-say-gay-faggot-and-queer/

Talk about "contrived identity politics"!

14. 6-eyed shaman

Islamaphobic and anti lgbt? Then why would he hire gay people like Milo Yiannopolous, or Raheem Kassam of Muslim descent as editors? Not everyone you dislike is Hitler, you know.

Did you happen to read any of those articles beyond the headlines, or clutch your pearls and sign off? Just curious.

I don't agree with everything I've seen come out of Breitbart. But I admire that they aren't bound by the chains of political correctness unlike the Huffingpaint Post or Buzzfeed.

15. MeAgain

Why do you think that?

16. MeAgain

Wikileaks does not vet its material, unless by vetting you mean it withholds some data and dumps other data. We don't know what they actually have because we can only see what they dump.
    We know they don't remove material that is harmful to individuals as they have released that type of data already.
    We know they mainly release data that is harmful to the Liberals, the West and Western politicians, while seldom, if ever, releasing anything about the Right, or Russia, or its Allies.
    We know they time releases, and extend that time over many days to capture headlines, so as to inflict maximum damage to those they wish to harm.
    We know they decide what data to release and when to release it making them the judge of what is right and what is wrong.
    We know some of the data is factual but we don't know if it is all factual.
    We know the vast majority of the data is harmless trivia released in a wholesale manner at times designed to cast doubt and suspicion with the goal of harming reputations by offering no chance of rebuttal or fact checking. This is a technique often used by the right and is called Swift Boating.

1 person likes this.
  17. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

They say Islam is an ideology; however, their own White Nationalist dream is very much a fit-the-discription ideology.

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Right? I think if the internet was turned off for a few months everyone might stop being so insane and hysterical

19. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

That sounds like an awful scenario.

20. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Well obviously it isnt going to happen

But i'm not convinced we're better off now in the age of misinformation and fake news than we were pre internet