How To Stop The Alt-Right

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Fueled by Coffee, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Eye

So is back to the question you seem so reluctant to answer - I’m still wondering what ‘special perks’ do you think straight white males are missing out of and therefore deserve to receive – again - as a specific group what do you think they specifically need help with?

With all due respect you haven’t answered this question and lying that you have doesn’t work since anyone can read the above and see that you haven’t.

And if you can’t answer it then it would seem to null and void your whole argument.

Again you concentrate on skin colour, I mean many of the things you mention for example LGBT rights or the promotion of women’s rights has absolutely nothing to do with skin colour.

So why are you so fixated on skin colour?

Next the problem is that what exactly do you think we should get? I get that you are angry but am not sure why and so far you don’t seem able to explain what the IT actually is.

1 person likes this.
  2. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Eye

LOL – sorry but as both me and Okiefreak have been telling you neither of us defend any type of racism but we are saying some are manipulating things to highlight this supposed ‘Anti-White racism’ and blow it out of all proportion to get people angry so they don’t thing about the bigger picture, which for me is the neoliberal ideas that have promoted economic and social policies that have exacerbated inequality and class divisions.

But don’t you see you seem the one that is obsessed about race in relation to ‘identity’ only then to give as your main examples things that have nothing to do with race (women’s rights, LGBT rights etc) again and again it is the colour of a person’s skin that you find important be it black skin or white skin. And you are clearly angry about it and anger can be manipulated.

1 person likes this.
  3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

The gaytheist op basically sounds like a regurgitation of the gay theist who has been making headlines recently.

http://youtu.be/wNRGW1VtPJE

4. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

^ Some of it was paraphrased, yes. However, I don't agree with the entirety of his 12 step program though.

At the time I did write to the dean's office about it. White privilege history month at PCC did get national attention from daily wire and infowars at the time it happened.

You may be a christian who is used to people like Maher taking critical jabs at your beliefs. I'm for the most part used to the normalization of racism, sexism and the attribution of the problems of the world blamed on white men like myself. However when one is critical at other religions and races, they are typically shot down as bigots. It's about time to get rid of these vindictive double standards.

1 person likes this.
  5. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Balbus, to be clear to you...no racism in my comment at all. :)

6. 6-eyed shaman

I think you are feeling guilty because as a white man, you have bought into myth of white privilege. Leftists like Tim Wise built a career on spreading the myth of white privilege to fuel guilt in the minds of white people, and a sense of victimhood of non-whites. Tim Wise built a successful career upon his white guilt.

As I've said several pages ago, you cannot encourage anyone to be successful in life if you push the victim mindset upon them. You can't do that by pushing guilt upon ALL white people. Not all of them are born privileged.

And on the other hand, some people use the current double-standards of political correctness as a weapon to push their warped views for political gain. Political correctness is divisive, promotes double standards, and pits people against each other.

7. 6-eyed shaman

I have provided numerous variations to answer your question. You simply won't accept my answers no matter how I phrase them.

Once more: I don't feel anybody is entitled to government sponsored privileges regardless their race, sex, sexual orientation, or mental disorder (Trans is a mental illness called GID. Only 0.03% of the US population actually has it. Which is a number way too small to be considered normal). However the government still grants special privileges and panders specifically to the interests of non-whites and others. I have no issue with private organizations and charities focusing on the betterment of certain races, religions, ethnicity, sexual orientation,and more. But if any organizations were to address the problems of straight white males (such as the higher suicide rates example you provided several posts ago), they'd face backlash for being racist. Because of this, poor whites are affected the most by identity politics. Several of those article headlines I posted are protected by the double standards of political correctness.

Anyway, I don't expect you to accept this answer either. I'm honestly getting bored of this thread; it's gone on long enough and I'm about ready start a new one of a very triggering topic that'll rattle more cages.

If you guys weren't defending anti-white racism or anti-white male propaganda, I highly doubt you'd have taken the argument this far and defend the actions of MTV News, Salon, Vox, Huffingpaint post, Jezebel, and more with the inflammatory articles they write against white males.

8. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

So you seem to be saying two things: (1) that the government is granting "special privileges" to certain minorities; and (2) that the poor white males are the group most negatively affected (earlier, it was straight white males, so this is narrowing it down). When you say the government is granting these groups "special privileges" what specifically are you referring to? Is it a "special privilege" to require businesses to make their premises handicapped accessible? What special privileges does "the government" provide to gays and lesbians? Some communities have local laws protecting them from being targets of violence or discrimination in housing and employment. These laws are a result of the fact that gays and lesbians have been the targets of extreme violence and discrimination. Do you think that's a good thing? If not, what's wrong with laws giving them protection? How else would you protect them? We don't have laws specifically protecting straight people from violence because there don't seem to be many instances of anti-straight violence. I'm sure there must be one or two, just as there may be instances of man biting dog. But it's not a common phenomenon. So I wouldn't characterize these protections as special rights. As for Trans, I think "the government" in North Carolina, courting the religious right, brought this to the forefront by ridiculous policies and legislation over bathroom use. "We must protect straights from having their bathrooms invaded by members of the opposite sex claiming to be Trans." Surely this problem has been around for a long time, but has only recently become an issue. The North Carolina law requiring use of the bathroom consistent with the gender assigned on one's birth certificate seems as ludicrous as anything the "politically correct" crowd has come up with. So you need carry your birth certificate in order to use the john in North Carolina? I personally am less concerned with what's on their birth certificates than what they are now, genitalia-wise. I've never noticed Trans in the men's room before, maybe because I'm not that observant, am concentratng on my own business, and avoid roving eyes in men's rooms as a matter of prudence.

Have white males been victims of government discrimination because of their race in implementation of affirmative action programs? I happen to agree that reverse discrimination is a reality and should be fought as vigorously as any other form of discrimination. But I think affirmative action has been necessary as a corrective to injustices from past discrimination against minorities. As for political correctness, I think we've made progress in combating some of the grosser forms of gender, racial and ethnic epithets and stereotyping that enflame hatreds: the "N" word for example, and all the colorful derrogatory labels for Jews,Italians, Poles, Hungarians, Chinese, etc., I grew up with in my home. People, being people, will over correct. It's stupid and outrageous that a person could be fired for using the world "niggardly", which has nothing to do with race. I'm in an educational program not where I had to sign an agreement not to use "dark" in a negative context. I think I'll wait to get my grade before I have a "heart to heart" with them about why they're contributing to backlash. I also think it's hard to keep a straight face when the alphabetical designations for people of minority sexual orientation keeps getting longer and longer. (I asked some friends what 's with the "Q" in LGBTQ, and learned that it's "questioning". But then I discovered there's an "I" (Intersex) and "A'"(Allies) now. Is this absurd? I think so, but I sympathize with the political and psychological exigencies of marginalized groups finding their footing. So these lower SES white males have to get organized, get a suitable label, define their identity in a positive way (as opposed to just being against women and minorities), and explain why they're aggrieved. Balbus will probably point out though that their beef in with industry, gazillionaires, and a changing economy instead of the minorities and immigrants they've targeted . What they need above all is retraining, education and an appreciation of why those things are necessary for their survival in a changing world. Voting for Trump will do them no good.

2 people like this.
  9. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

[SIZE=11pt]Eye[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt]LOL sorry mate but it’s not me that’s so angry, and it’s not me that brought up the whole ‘guilt trip’ idea, it seems to me that this is playing on your mind and wonder why.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Could it be that for some reason you feel guilty and if so again I wonder why and if you claim you are not – why the big song and dance about it? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]And again with the skin colour stuff – everything seems to be about white and non-white [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Who are the whites and whom the non-whites? I’ve travelled widely and I’ve met a lot of people and there are lots of different shades of white, from the pales of Sweden to the browns of Andalusia, which is the definitive ‘white’ are Hispanics white. How pure must be your whiteness to be classed as white? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt]As I’ve pointed out a lot of racism and discrimination isn’t based on skin colour but for some reason you keep pulling it back to that. [/SIZE]

10. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

[SIZE=11pt]Eye[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt]LOL Well the only person here that seems to be ‘pushing victimhood’ is you with all this “people are being nasty to the whites’ spiel. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]As I’ve said I’m not feeling guilty I’ve asked and my white friends and they don’t feel guilty the only one that seems to be talking about guilt is you.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]It’s really funny you seem to be telling us we should feel guilty so you can tell us not to feel guilty. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt]Isn’t that more about class than skin colour? I mean being born into disadvantage isn’t specific to skin colour.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Also you seem to be moving away from ALL white males to working class or disadvantaged ‘white’ people. And the thing is that there are a lot of people not just white ones that are working class and disadvantaged.[/SIZE]

11. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

[SIZE=11pt]Eye[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt]How do you think lying will improve your position, I mean people can read the thread and so can see that you haven’t actually answered the question.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]I mean you have evaded a lot - but the question remains unanswered - what ‘special perks’ do you think straight white males are missing out of and therefore deserve to receive – again - as a specific group what do you think they specifically need help with?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt]I’m not accepting it because it doesn’t answer the question – [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt]So it’s not straight white males is poor whites, is that only poor white males or all poor whites?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]And you still haven’t explained - what ‘special perks’ do you think straight white males are missing out of and therefore deserve to receive – again - as a specific group what do you think they specifically need help with?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt]And so the question is[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] - what ‘special perks’ do you think straight white males are missing out of and therefore deserve to receive – again - as a specific group what do you think they specifically need help with?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt]Again yes it was me - the leftie - that pointed out the high levels of gun related suicides amongst white males, and I highlighted that because you seemed unable to think of anything [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]and I’ve argued here that it should be tackled through gun control and other social and economic measures, and I don’t think it would be specifically about white males many people are effected by suicides and I’d aimed at cutting suicides in general (which effect many people and isn’t related to skin colour).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The same question remains - as a specific group what do you think straight white males specifically need help with?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt]Oh dear I’m starting to worry you are a flight risk.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]In the past many here that have put forward the bored excuse/evasion have realized there argument isn’t holding up too well and are trying to get out befoe it becomes completely obvious, come on Eye please don’t run away. [/SIZE]

12. 6-eyed shaman

I don't know. You tell me who the whites and non whites are. You're the one defending the cultural marxism here. Not I.

So why do you continue to support anti white racism?

So you agree. This is what i"ve been trying to tell you for several pages now

Yes, and they are all still subject to the anti-white racism from cultural marxists and SJWs like yourself who believe one can't be racist unless they're white, sexist unless they're male.

However it is the working class and poor whites who suffer it the most. The working class white guy used to be one of the prime voting demographics of the democratic party. Not anymore.

Stop asking dumb questions. Of course white women can be subject to anti-white racism too.

Lets try this one more time. There is overlap of everything. Men of all races face male related double-standards that could be addressed. Just as white people of both sexes face double-standards that shouldn't be ignored. Men of all races are far more likely to get harsher criminal sentences and penalties than women for the same crimes; they are less likely to go to graduate high school or go to college; they spend more on taxes and take less from the system; STEM companies are more likely to hire women at a 2:1 advantage just to meet diversity quotas. Same with minorities being given the perks offered by these bullshit diversity quotas. There is no evidence that diversity improves productivity. It's superficial feelgood leftism.

I've at least tried to satisfy you with my attempted answers. You've just continued to ignore my question of why you support anti-white racism.

Take a look around. There's nobody left except you, me, and Okie. Most everyone else has lost interest in this issue.

13. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Eye

LOL

about 99.9% of the time — "Cultural Marxism" is a snarl word used to attack anyone with progressive tendencies. The term alludes to a conspiracy theory in which sinister left-wingers have infiltrated media, academia, and science and are engaged in a decades- or centuries-long plot to undermine western culture.

'Cultural Marxism': a uniting theory for rightwingers who love to play the victim

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jan/19/cultural-marxism-a-uniting-theory-for-rightwingers-who-love-to-play-the-victim

Throwing out useless insults when you have no real counter argument is tha last refuge of the scoundrel

Hell this is hilarious – from your very first post you have been talking about ‘white’ people and specifically ‘white men’ and now you are saying you don’t even know who to define as white people?

14. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Eye

Again do you really think lying makes your argument stronger?

I mean just saying something does make it true – so let’s look at the evidence –

I (and others) keep trying to explaining that social and economic factors are involved but you are constant race and skin colour.

You are the one that is unable to answer the question about what discrimination ‘white’ males are specifically subject to.

And lastly you seem unable to produce any evidence as to why you think I’m racist other than you telling me I am.

15. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Eye

Isn’t that more about class than skin colour? I mean being born into disadvantage isn’t specific to skin colour.

No you haven’t

You have been constantly going on about straight white men, white males, white people and their opposite non whites?

16. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Eye

Also you seem to be moving away from ALL white males to working class or disadvantaged ‘white’ people. And the thing is that there are a lot of people not just white ones that are working class and disadvantaged.

Sorry again smears and lies are not rational counter arguments it’s just silly and rather juvenile name calling.

This kind of reply again indicates you really don’t have any real argument.

And again with the ‘anti-white racism’ you seem fixated on skin colour.

And again with the ‘whites’ and the ‘white guy

17. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Eye

So the question is –

what ‘special perks’ do you think straight white males are missing out of and therefore deserve to receive – again - as a specific group what do you think they specifically need help with?

And your reply is that actually you have not been talking about white men or even about white people that actually you haven’t hardly mentioned them at and that all you have been talking about are the problems and discriminations faced by all races and all genders because -

The problem is that is what we (those opposed to your viewpoint) have been saying - but it is you that has constantly gone on about ‘white men’ or ‘whites’.

I’ve asked you time and again why you keep bringing up ‘white men’ when a lot of the things you talk about are not specific to one gender or one skin colour.

It is the very reason why I asked the question

what ‘special perks’ do you think straight white males are missing out of and therefore deserve to receive – again - as a specific group what do you think they specifically need help with?

Which you still seem unable to answer.

18. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Eye

You are now just repeated our counter argument to what you have being saying.

Basically you’ve just said you were wrong and I was right – why couldn’t you have just admitted this earlier and this thread would not of being so long, by page two or three you could have just said ‘Oh sorry I see now my mistake’ and that would have been it.

Well I think most people worked out your argument wasn’t very strong or thought through and got bored of your evasion and bluster but hey at least now you have admitted you were wrong.

19. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

But you see I don't feel guilty, because I haven't done anything wrong--at least in the area of race relations; and I have little regard for Tim Wise. Like the fastest gun in the West, Wise has been outflanked by militants who question his credentials as a white man to speak for minorities. We can note these ironies and excesses and not let them hold us back. But I do feel empathy for others, regardless of race, and from my observations we have a long way to go in eliminating racial and social injustice. Fighting for social justice is a good thing--much better than fighting to defend social injustice. I've said often enough that not all whites are born privileged, so lower SES whites have a legitimate gripe. We don't help them by pretending that the status quo would be okay if we could only get rid of those foreigners, uppity blacks and feminists. Like racial minorities, their problem is partly a class problem and partly a cultural problem. Solving the class problem involves policies to create economic and educational opportunities for them, to reduce political and social inequalities, and to combat the dominance of money in our politics by eliminating things like Citizens United v. FEC--in other words, being Social Justice Warriors on their behalf. The cultural problem involves promoting adaptive lifestyle change by promoting awareness of the need to complete high school and college, to retrain for jobs that are different from their fathers', to set realistic goals, and to recognize the challenge of automation. Having people like Milo tell them that they're being victimized by those nasty women and minorities won't help them. Neither will voting for billionaire assholes like Trump.

20. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Okiefreak

Eloquently put

The thing is that it to me this smacks so obviously of manipulation I mean just telling people that they shouldn’t feel guilt is just a way of telling them that others think they are guilty (even if that isn’t true).

Telling people that others are receiving ‘perks’ they are not is just a way of stocking resentment (even if is unfounded)

Constantly going on about ‘whites’ and 'non-whites’ seems all about sowing the seeds of division.

[edit] and also to blame these ‘problems’ on some type of left wing conspiracy against the common people and especially white people

Its seems all engineered to stoke anger and even hatred, and split people that should have a common cause – a classic divide and rule strategy

The question I’m increasing wondering about these days is how do we get through to people that have been sucked into this mindset, how do we break through the bubble of misinformation and misdirection?