How to STAY clean?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by fuckmyeyesdied, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

[​IMG]

(image from Wikipedia)

Studies actually show nicotine to be considerably more addictive (I believe 5-10x) than morphine.

2. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Your own image shows that they are the same, doesn't it? Or am I just stoned?

3. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

It shows that morphine has a higher active/lethal dose than nicotine, and that heroin is more addictive than all the others, including morphine :)

4. eggsprog

Yeah, but it shows them as the same level of dependency, which means that they are equally addictive, not 5 - 10x apart.

5. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

Yeah, this particular graph does. It depends whom you listen to.

I read the 5-10x here:

http://www1.umn.edu/perio/tobacco/nicaddct.html

That one even claims tobacco is as addictive as heroin lol

I think I would sooner believe Wikipedia, but having said that, if I had to take a bet as to which was more addictive, it is looking like nicotine over morphine.

EDIT -- I would guess the only reason people think morphine is more addictive is because it feels so good (psychological addiction).

6. eggsprog

Why are you posting incorrect information then? I'm so confused.

7. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

Well, I never specified HOW many studies!

Maybe I should have said *some* studies say it's 5-10x more addictive :)

8. eggsprog

Okay. I hope you see how it is quite confusing when, within the same post, you post a graph that says one thing and text that says something completely different. Also, trusting wikipedia over a university is probably not a good idea.

9. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

Well, either way morphine doesn't look too bad lol

The withdrawal symptoms of course seem worse with morphine. However, the idea of being hooked after taking morphine just once is surely, demonstrably, wrong. Weird.

10. fuckmyeyesdied

fuckmyeyesdied Guest

using online charts to judge how addicted you may or may not be after trying a drug is silly. internet can't teach you everything but some people are set on learning the hard way and there's nothing you can do to help them. Nicotine and opiates aren't even apples n oranges. thats apples and tuna. two totally different ball games.
    I feel bad for the people that listen to your advice if you're tellin em it's no biggie to just try it once. Some people will try it once, hate it, and not do it again. Some people will fall in love and they can mark that day on the calendar the day their life lost any meaning whatsoever, because they've just been reborn into the life of a dope fiend.

I relapsed the other day cause I found some roxi30s for $15 each so I stocked up with intent to sell (maybe not subconsciously) and ended up slamming all 30 of em. it took me 2.5 days to get through em all and by the end my body looked disgusting from scratching so much. I'm fine now and over that little...whatever it was. It was just another reminder than even trying it that ONE time will suck you back in. If I could have gotten more I wouldn't have stopped. I had enough restraint to not go through my entire phone to look for shit, cause I know I could have found something if I really tried. However, I still don't have the balls to tell that guy not to call me when he gets more next month.
    Anyways, just wanted to update cause this has sort of turned into my unofficial recovery diary.

11. BottleFED

BottleFED Member

Relapsing means nothing more than you aren't ready to quit. If you were ready, you would close the loop on all contact's, else you're fighting a losing battle, but this isn't something you don't know already. I clearly remember quitting for like 6 weeks on Subs the first time, but what I didn't do was call the DR and tell him I'm done, I left that door open, justifying in my mind that what if the pain was just too much to handle, any excuse to make me believe that if I needed it, it was OK. Sure enough, I got refills and it continued on until the day I knew that if I didn't quit, it was over! For the first 12 months, I held over 2400mgs of Opana ER and almost 300 30mg A215's, I flushed it all the day I jumped from Subs at less than 1mg/day. It certainly hasn't been easy, pain is still there, but finding out that I can live with it was a revelation that the excuse I used for 2 years to take opiates wasn't bad enough to warrant taking them! The day you decide you truly have had enough, you will know it because the decision will give you a feeling of release(being true to yourself) even knowing that you are beginning the uphill battle! Just saying.......

12. usedtobehoney

usedtobehoney Senior Member

All I can say is good luck and thanks for all the great posts from some of you...OP and bottlefed, specifically.