How to STAY clean?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by fuckmyeyesdied, Aug 17, 2013.

1. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I've never had to deal with any sort of addiction, but I think that you've got some good advice in here. First of all, not associating at all with people who are involved with drugs is a good idea. Try taking up some sort of a hobby, and when you're tempted, throw everything you have into your hobby. Maybe it's painting, photography, sewing, restoring a classic car... anything that occupies both your physical body and your mind.

Good luck to you, hope you keep up the good work.

2. Silent_Bob92

Silent_Bob92 Member

I heard Kratom helps as an alt, which is relatively cheap and legal in the US. Give it a try.

3. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

4. BottleFED

BottleFED Member

Good to hear you are still plugging away (No pun). Life style changes don't always incorporate a physical move to another town, state or country. I'm sure you know it's simply taking your spare time, removing what is routine and replacing it with something more challenging, which in turn will require more focus. Of course, finding what works for you is certainly the best medicine. For me, getting past the lack of motivation, which was extremely difficult not having a job to occupy 8-5 each day. It was 2-3 months before I began to feel somewhat normal again, but fortunately, with that return of normalcy, a new hobby popped out I never knew I had, Writing! I'm know writing a book and it has keep me somewhat focused. Good luck Man, Time is your friend and going out and getting your life back is worth every step!

5. fuckmyeyesdied

fuckmyeyesdied Guest

I spend so much time thinking with my other head these days I fear i'm going to get myself in trouble with it. Is this how normal guys feel all the time or will this go away eventually? All i wanna do now is fuck girls...all the time...I can't think.

6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

it doesnt go away

7. BottleFED

BottleFED Member

Well I'd hope that urge never goes away, and if you find yourself with too many girls on your hands, give me a shout, haha! But seriously, if you get with some girl who is into your DOC, even starting a chat about the subject while your (other brain) is in charge could be a huge danger! Just because you may be an expert in a discussion such as Opiates, talking about it with someone who is a rookie in Opiate use, such as the girl you are about to get with, could very well shift your direction because as guys, we all know the secret power of the feline! Stay focused Bro, it only gets better!

8. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

why is it that people can't just very, very slowly reduce their dose until the dependence is gone?

9. eggsprog

If they could do that, they wouldn't be addicts.

10. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

I guess. But if it's a physical addiction then logically that should work...

11. eggsprog

If it was a purely physical addiction, sure. But most people don't start doing a bunch of heroin just because their physical body tells them that it wants heroin.

12. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

See, I genuinely didn't realize that.

I really want to try opiates, especially morphine. But only because it sounds like a fun experience. I don't intend to do it often or much. I may even only do it once. Chances are I'll do it... I dunno, like every month or more.

I guess not all people do it for fun? It confuses me you see.

13. fuckmyeyesdied

fuckmyeyesdied Guest

Trying it once isn't an option, friend.
    I relapsed on suboxone. purely an attempt to get high. That was a week ago today. I've been fine since then. Minor bump in the road...I didn't even get high (which is kind of scary...I took 4mg I thought that would for sure fuck me up) I just got itchy on the top of my head. I still gotta take clonidine to get a good night of sleep. I've been doing that for at least a month now. Hoping I don't have to for much longer because I'd like to cut ties with my dr. completely at this point..
    I still feel good and haven't experienced any depression or anything. I've been eating a VERY healthy diet and have been doing mild exercise. It really helps with self confidence and makes me feel good about myself

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

u could always try soap..

15. Hedgeclipper

Hedgeclipper Qiluprneeels Nixw

I have found that kratom is the best opiate maintenance program. You won't want to eat the amount you need to in order to get high-ish (with a real ope tolerance) because it will taste awful, and it doesn't cause the same sort of cravings, but it will take away your withdrawals and you can get high off it every once in a while to replace the psychological addiction.

I haven't done heroin in a couple years now, but I use kratom once a month and it keeps me from ever needing/wanting to do any heroin/oc/whatever.

16. BottleFED

BottleFED Member

17. eggsprog

Speaking of him, does anyone know where he went? Hope the guy is alright, I liked him.

18. BottleFED

BottleFED Member

Egg's been wondering that for a while, sent him a msg, never received a reply. ETK did strike me as a guy who would do anything to help someone out, but would also be somewhat private if he was in a battle of a medicinal nature. Would really like to know if he is OK!

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

suboxone, the governments way of supplying dope..

20. BottleFED

BottleFED Member

Yep, for weak minds, I can't argue with that statement and is exactly why SUB's won't do a damn thing for you unless you look at it with a mindset of ending what's ruining your life. Addicts don't stop using because they "think" they want to, most completely ruin the life they had before use, reaching a point where it's a "Now or never" decision. Honestly, those that fail on SUB's either weren't ready or looked at SUB's as a miracle drug that would make all of their negative addiction issues/triggers disappear. Either of those mindsets = failure. Humans have become so ingrained into thinking that there is an easy way to accomplish anything/everything and while that may be true for many things, addiction isn't one of them unless you have a huge financial advantage which most addicts don't have. When speaking of the Government and opiate addiction, anyone who thinks the pill explosion of the late 90's/2000's were caused by addicts getting smart about what was available at the pain clinic, is in denial. Funny how the FL Pill Mills started exploding right about the same time we went and invaded Poppy-land. Opium production there has tripled since we arrived, that simply isn't a coincidence. Just imagine when Opiates completely disappear. With millions addicted, the chaos that will follow will be unequal by anything we in the US have experienced and was one of the subordinate reasons I quit all mood altering medication except one, Cymbalta, which I am actively tapering and will be off in 4-5 weeks. The goober-mint has a panel full of buttons it can push to cause major panic in the US, more than it's ever had, most of which originated under the guise of the "war on tear ore". It will only take the push of one of those to send the US into depths of mass despair we could likely never crawl out of! That's the purpose of those button's, right?