How to Smoke in Your Room and Not Get Caught

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Cosmo4, May 9, 2004.

1. POVExdeath

POVExdeath Member

First rule: don't smoke. Burning weed has a very distinct odor that even the lamest of squares knows is marijuana. Also like cigarette smoke it tends to stick to everything: clothes, walls, drapes, etc. It sticking to everything means that even if you smoke at 1AM after your parents go to bed, the stale smell will still be there the next day.

When I lived on campus I got around the smell by having an Ionic Breeze in my room. The ozone those put out neutralizes odors, so no stale weed smell. Me and friends could pass around a blunt and the smell would be gone by the next day.

Best thing though as I said is to not smoke. After college I had to move in with my Grandma who's a member of AA, very anti-drug. I was high as balls every night at her place and she never suspected a thing, because I used a vape. Volcano = win. It still gives off a herbal smell but its not even close to the distinctive burning weed smell, not only that but since its vapor no stale smell left over (my ionic breeze had broke on campus). My room would be back to its normal stank in only a couple of hours. I smoked in there ONCE and it still smelled like stale weed the next day so you DON'T want to smoke in your room!

And for fuck sake put a towel under the door! The heat/ a/c running pushes air out the vent, and to equalize pressure where does your room push air out? Under/around the door. Towel under the door and cracking a window helps to make sure the smell stays inside. Also if you think of blowing air out the window, good luck with that....if there's any wind at all blowing towards your window (on the outside of the house) it'll just blow the smoke back in.

Spoofs are bogus. You end up with weed smoke that smells like dryer sheets.

If you need to smoke and don't have a vape or pocket vape or anything, your best bet is to smoke someplace else. Back patio, bathroom with the fan on, etc. Bathroom was my favorite since you can just act like you're taking a long shit, and if someone hears you using air freshner they won't suspect anything. I found that a vent fan in the bathroom clears it of weed smell in 30 min or so, plenty of time to cover your ass.

2. Black_Lotus

Black_Lotus Member

Currently I'm using a method of just using the spoof, some candles, and Cologne. Have the window open and fan on to circulate the air, works like a charm. I know what you mean by the stale Dryer sheet smoke, but the thing is it doesn't linger if you circulate the air and push it out of the house/room/apartment where you are. Smoke rises, so think logically.

I don't have a vape, but I had a friend who did, just kept it in his dresser drawer. Vaped right on his bed, didn't smell a thing. Well anything that would smell like weed that is.

I have experienced smoking a blunt in my old basement, and a cigar (both separate occasions). And the smoke lingered for hours, the cigar for nearly 2 days. But I didn't take any of the precautions like I did with the spoof and fan. Something about that really changes it.

My tip, is just to pack one-hitters no matter what you smoke out of (AND DO NOT USE A JOINT OR BLUNT!!). The only trouble with the smell I'll ever have is the actual burning of the weed-which is resolved by making it a one-hitter

3. POVExdeath

POVExdeath Member

Where I was living, pushing it anywhere else in the house would've been a very bad idea. My room was on the first floor too, and I checked and found that the smell didn't escape up to the 2nd floor. So the most I could do was contain the smoke/vapor and cover it up/make it dissipate.

With my volcano it can still smell like weed, especially the first bag or 2. So I'd have to make sure to conceal the smell. But yeah it'd dissipate quickly, and it didn't smell like burning weed but fresh nugs.

And 1 hit is enough to stank up an entire room :sunny: at least the weed I usually smoke. So I made sure not to smoke in it anymore. Also, if you're vaping....there were times when I had to answer my door and I could because the smell wasn't that much. If you're smoking and you answer the door....they know for sure.

4. Peace&Unity

Peace&Unity Member

nice thread but i still like smoking in nature way more than indoors

5. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

Vape!

Or walk outside! Nature has its beauty too you know! I wish it were socially acceptable to smoke in a park.. (And legal)

6. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

This is incorrect. Weed smoke does not stick to things in the same way cigarete smoke does.

If you burned a joint 10 minutes ago it will stink, you are buring something and smell is inevitable but with enough time it will be gone. In my experience it will take an hour or two.

Have you ever been in a house with consistent cigarette smokers? Weeks or months later if they smoked consistently the house will have that order. You can almost never get rid of it. If you didn't smoke weed in a particular room for several weeks it would certainly not smell.

Here is a little trick for all you young kids, wash your hands after smoking. You would be surprised at how much handling weed can make you smell. This is assuming you are not going to remain in the same room you smoked in, this is just to reduce the smell on your person.

Another thing to note is with some of the chronic today simply opening the bag will create a stench, you won't even have to burn it. This is where allot of people assume it's the smoking, no it's just the fact you have dank weed in the room.

7. MrKewl

MrKewl Member

I just put a box fan in my window and blow all the smoke into it, with a towel under the door so no smoke escapes into the hallway.

Using this method I can rip a bong several times and the room won't smell at all even 10 minutes later.

8. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

That’s what I do too, I take a hit put my face against the fan and it blows the hits directly outside. the summer time is easier cause in the wintertime having a window open would raise sucption. so in the wintertime I only smoke when I got the house to myself or I will burn some incenses plus my windows are old and they make allot of noise opening them

9. Cosmo4

Cosmo4 Member

Wow...just wow! Guys I made this thread back in 2004..when I was still in high school. I haven't visited this page in years, and to see this thread on the front page! It's kind of an honor! Y'all are awesome.

And I agree that vaporizers would probably be the best way of doing it currently..when I was younger those were practically nonexistant..or $300+ and just starting to become known. I don't smoke anymore, and haven't in about 2 years..it makes me SUPER introverted and weird..and I start overthinking every little detail of every little thing. Long story short - it became unenjoyable. I hope you all don't have to experience that..because it was great while I was enjoying it!

Well, good luck to you all!

10. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

11. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Get the vacuum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EERwXZpDHlM"]next friday... vacum smoker. - YouTube

12. 2euphoria

2euphoria Guest

NatureFreak412,

I'm the master at finding shit to smoke out of at my house.

Most convenient one when needed is to twist/remove the spring found behind any house door (to block the door from hitting the wall), remove the little white cap at the end so you can breath through it, cover the larger end with a piece of foil paper and poke 5 holes in the foil with a toothpick (not too small or it won't hit well). Place some week on top and get stoney. Clean up is easy too, toss the foil and replace the spring in the wall.