How to Smoke in Your Room and Not Get Caught

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Cosmo4, May 9, 2004.

1. Steele

Steele Member

dude all you have to do open a window and blow the smoke out that. ( well it works in the right occasion and is the generic cover up method) then burn some cannabis incense, no kidding i burn it all the time and i have since i was 13 and got into incense so my rents got used to the smell of weed and when the real stuff came noone noticed

2. Chris92

Chris92 Member

Yea all I do is keep my windows open for a little after smoking but I used to get paranoid about how loud the lighter was. Then I came up with the candle idea too lol. I guess stoned minds think alike.

3. legal_rasta

legal_rasta Member

meh. i like the candle idea. Ive thuoght of using a candle, but i havent really THOUGHT about it. So, the re lighting of the lighter is slick.

Id rather just sneak outside.

Ive only smoked IN my house once, no one was home, i went in the bathroom turned on the hot shower, stood ON the toilet and held the pipe by the fan, then sprayed air freshener after. I could still smell it a little after.

(hint, put away EVERYTHING before you actually start to smoke. .... when I smoked in my house I left my greenery in my bathroom :eek: and that happened when i was thinking to myself "PUT EVERYTHING AWAY FIRST" the whole time)

Eye drops are amazing. I got visine too. All it says is Visine RED EYE RELIEF. like thats all its for. :D
    It was like $7 for a bottle too... pretty small...

Cover up things i usually use are,
    1) cologne/ axe
    2) hand sanitizer (gets rid of smell the best)
    3) gum/ mints
    4) eye drops.

And, smoke from a fire is great to cover up smells, and red eyes. you basically dont even have to bother covering up. (Fire like wood if anyones confused...)
    Fire smoke smells alot stronger, and you can say you got smoke in your eyes. :hat:

4. legal_rasta

legal_rasta Member

ehh... Not really. Id use regular incense.... Usually it covers up the smoke smell, and for probably MOST people, if their parents find them burning weed incense theyre gonna be like. "... what the fuck... YOU SMOKING WEED!?!?!?" even if its just incense.

Also screw that window idea, sometimes the wind actually comes in the window as in like the opposite of what you want to happen. :piggy:

Atleast set a fan up out the window.

5. bluediablo

bluediablo Member

serously i just open a window...

6. Steele

Steele Member

yeh thats true i guess it only worked because i told my parents way back when that i just liked the smell of weed but didnt want to smoke it.

7. gokey

gokey Visitor

I've got a few tricks up my sleeve for getting the smell out of my room after a bunning session.

Firstly, though, I should just say if I'm short on time or if my parents are in the house i tend to just smoke a few bowls leaning out the window. No smell and the night air is really relaxing :)

If I'm having a slightly heavier session with a few mates or something I try to insist on bong/pipe smoking to avoid the tobacco smell from joints. I close the door (I never really bother with putting a towel under it or whatever). I turn on all my lights and turn the heating up. Afterwards I put my desk fan on one side of the room pointing towards my AC unit. I then turn the AC on and leave it to do its thing for an hour minimum (2 hours is best). The theory is that the AC separates hot air from cold air, blows the cold air back into the room and blows the hot air out through the vent. Since the heating and all my lights were on, the majority of the smoke-filled air in my room is 'hot air'. The result is the AC blowing pretty much all the bad smelling stuff out though the vent. I also bought a carbon filter screen for my AC's intake. Its far from as effective as the carbon filters you get for grow rooms but I guess every little counts.

If we're smoking joints I tend to do the old trick of boiling a kettle with some vinegar in it before doing the AC trick. The foul smell of the vinegar initially covers the smell of weed/tobacco, and later neutralizes it. The AC takes care of the rest.

I have yet to be caught :D

Before I bought my AC my tactic was just to open a window and keep a fan on whilst smoking a bowl. Worked just as well as the system I've got going now. But hey, it can't hurt to go a little more hi-tech :D

I also find, if you have to do a cover up job, that it's best to use a 'fresh linen' scented air freshener rather than deodorant or some other air freshener. If you use the 'fresh linen' one it just smells like you've just changed the sheets on your bed or something and might just save your ass.

8. Reefer Rogue

Reefer Rogue Member

good tips but tbh they'll prob smell it anyway ha. Blow out ALL the smoke out a window, don't let any linger in your room. cap the bowl with a quarter if it cherrys. if you get caught stay relaxed and hold your ground and tell them at least its not crack or meth or heroin.

9. :nevermore:

:nevermore: Guest

would the extractor fan in your bathroom be good for getting rid of the smoke and smell?

10. aydinerro

aydinerro Member

worrrrrd.
    I remember those days. Haha my mum caught me grabbing some dryer sheets once, but of course had no clue what I was doing.
    Good times, good times. :)

11. stupidnamenoonecaress

stupidnamenoonecaress Member

i was smoking in my fraternity house with a vape and i got caught, thrown out of my home and had vape and weed confiscated. best to smoke out in the wilderness

12. ChristianToker

ChristianToker Member

Why isn't this a sticky?

13. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

I open my window and put a fan in it, when I take a hit I put my hand right over the bowl so no smoking is burring in the air and put my face right up to the fan I blow in it slowly and out, it takes the hit directly out side. I turn the TV on so know one can hear the lighter, but opening my window makes a lot of noise so sometimes I smoke in my closet with a spoof and I burn incenses

14. scarlett_tunic

scarlett_tunic Member

HAHA.. the spoof SAVED my fucking life.

15. weeattoes

weeattoes what will be, will be

You can use a sploof, candles, incense, spray, turn on a fan, open your window, eye drops, change your clothes, wash your hands...

16. scarlett_tunic

scarlett_tunic Member

ya, i used to do it at night when my parents went to sleep. my friends thought it was weird..

those were my best trips, though... just chillin around.

17. Svitlo37

Svitlo37 Member

lol. This is how I did it.

1. Close the door and open a window
    2. Put a fan facing out the window
    3. Ten minutes later laugh my ass off when my dad screamed out "This aint a fucking crackhouse!"

Haha... good times.

18. Gsmall

Gsmall Member

lol how old are you koko

19. scarlett_tunic

scarlett_tunic Member

lmao i remember being downstairs and laughing because i was drawing a picture and doing it crooked.

20. I_Human

I_Human Member

Two words:
    Vapor Genie.