How to meet new 'friends'

Discussion in 'Free Love' started by RiffDude, Jan 7, 2021.

1. RiffDude

RiffDude Members

Apologies if this is outside the rules... I and my wife decided to open up our marriage recently, to explore and get that newness excitement etc. All good, except she only has to put up a pic and say "nsa" for hundreds of keen responses... I however am not having luck even getting to talking stage, on a few platforms.

Now I know it's always going to be easier for her cos of the male/female dynamic n all, but there must be horny women who only want the same casual fwb/nsa arrangement that I'd like - so where does everyone find this? I mean what apps or websites have worked for people irl? BTW discretion is a factor, not wanting my face plastered wherever friends or work colleagues could see.

PS this isn't me advertising myself, this is a genuine question about how people meet like minded partners nowadays! :cool:

2. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

Look back to how you got to know your wife. Apply that in general to the dating websites and over time you will get some attention. You have to be the aggressor and make contact with a prospective interest. Do the flirting and compliment thing. Women don't generally respond to just a picture as men do. If they are just wanting sex with a man they still have it within them to be wooed.

jmadre and RiffDude like this.
  3. RiffDude

RiffDude Members

Thanks, the issue for me is more like where to find people up for that (without wanting an actual long term relationship as their end goal)... I met my wife at work and I have never tried online dating/apps of any kind before, so it's just a bit confusing. I joined a few but they seem full of fake profiles and paywalls. I guess what I'm asking is what apps or websites does anyone have success with, when looking for nsa/fwb potential partners?

4. GillyGal

GillyGal Banned

Have you tried bumble? Be open about what you’re looking for, be patient, see what happebs. Coz it’s girls making contact first you might have more luck. Also don’t rule out work, again if you’re open about what you’re looking for you never know you might someone at work (or someone at work might introduce you to someone)

Edward V, jmadre and RiffDude like this.
  5. RiffDude

RiffDude Members

I did think about trying bumble, though it's a subscription thing isn't it? Not to sound cheap, but I'd rather not have to pay just to meet like minded people. Work is tricky, as we don't really want everyone knowing we're open... Discretion is a factor for us. Which is also why I daren't try tinder, as people we know would see us... Have you used Bumble or anything like it? Curious for your experience if so. And thanks for replying!

6. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

Well then instead of on line connections have you thought about attending one of the many swing clubs in your area? There are quite a few around Sheffield and I expect there are plenty of like minded people that visit them. You and your wife might be able to find a couple or two to hook up in a swapping arrangement. Besides at a swinger club there are no fake profiles.

jmadre and RiffDude like this.
  7. RiffDude

RiffDude Members

This sounds promising, if a little daunting... What's the best way to find out about clubs like these? Is there a best place to find out about them, or just g00gle it? Thanks! :thumbs up:

8. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

RiffDude likes this.
  9. RiffDude

RiffDude Members

10. Scharff

Scharff Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm out a lot for work related activities and end up talking to a lot of people. If you have a good personality and can do a good job listening in a conversation, I find it's fairly easy to meet "friends" or to at least have a borderline conversation with them about activities. I've met people indirectly usually. Maybe a bartender who knows someone I might like or who has a friend that likes similar activities. It's hit or miss. My FWB is a baker. Cookies and cakes. I ordered cookies for a sales event. Got there and she was packing up another order and commented that some of the cookies were a little naughty. They weren't over the top and they were cute. I told her that I didn't know she had such an extensive menu to choose from. She said she had her normal menu on Facebook....and her naughty menu that you had to ask for....and there was always more on the menu if you asked nicely. So I did. We did have wine a couple of times before she really talked about her own "menu" but things just go that way sometimes. I know a girl that I've never been with that likes kinky things. She loves to talk about it. I love to listen. Maybe someday we'll hook up but even if we don't she's worth the time.

11. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

Naughty cookies? Makes the mind wander.

jmadre likes this.
  12. RiffDude

RiffDude Members

Thanks dude, I will take a good look! I tried #open but I must be way too vanilla or normal or something, it's like tumbleweed lol. Cheers!