How to make homemade pipes - step by step instructions

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by young_deadhead, Dec 22, 2007.

1. young_deadhead

young_deadhead I Love Lucy

Ive been seeing alot of posts lately on how to make pipes and etc so i thought i would make this thread to help them out. Perhaps we could have this stickied to get down on all those threads.

Here are the pipes ill show you how to make

[​IMG]

O if anyone has any other homemade pipes they'd like to share how to make feel free to post them

2. young_deadhead

How to make a potato pipe (an apple can be used also)

Here are the things you’ll need

[​IMG]

Jam pencil into one end of the potato for a mouth piece

[​IMG]

Now jam the pencil on top to make the bowl (blow through to make sure they connect well)

[​IMG]

3. young_deadhead

Take the knife and cut around the hole on top to make it bigger

[​IMG]

Put some foil on top and puncture some tiny holes with the knife

[​IMG]

If desired punch another hole on the side for a carb.

4. young_deadhead

How to make a foil pipe

You’ll need a piece of foil (I usually fold a piece over 2 or 3 times to make it stronger)

[​IMG]

Now start to roll up the foil, I usually make it about as wide as my finger

[​IMG]

Once it is rolled up stick your finger in one end and make a right angle for the bowl

[​IMG]

And your done!

[​IMG]

5. young_deadhead

How to make a pipe out of a 2-liter

Heres what you’ll need

[​IMG]

Cut a hole in the top for the bowl

[​IMG]

Take a piece of foil folded over several times and put it over the hole to make the bowl

[​IMG]

Tape up the edges and make some holes in the foil with the knife

[​IMG]

6. young_deadhead

Now cut a carb in the side and your ready to smoke

[​IMG]

Heres what you’ll need to make the next pipe (water bottle or 20 oz works a lot better but I didn’t find any until after I had already made it this one)

[​IMG]

Cut off the bottom of the bottle

[​IMG]

Take a piece of folded up foil to make the bowl and make some holes with the knife. To smoke out of this you need to lie down on your back and have your friend light it for you. Not a very practical piece but its fun. Ive only smoked out of these once and it was my second time smoking so I think you might wanna put a carb on it but im all out of weed to test it out.

[​IMG]

7. young_deadhead

How to make a coke can pipe

Heres what you’ll need

[​IMG]

Crush the can in and make tiny holes where its crushed and your ready to smoke

[​IMG]

And last heres what to do for odor control. Make a spoof or a groove tube (just a tube or whatever stuffed with dryer sheets to blow the smoke through) and light incense
    [​IMG]

8. edyb123

edyb123 Senior Member

There are chemicals on tin foil that are bad for your lungs (more so than cigarettes) so it's not something you should use.

9. skullkidnate

skullkidnate ナサニエル

Hahaha cool man.

I think running your lighter all over the foil for a few minutes help with the chemicals in the foil. Could be wrong though.

10. young_deadhead

got any proof?

11. edyb123

edyb123 Senior Member

not myself.. but i've read on quite a few respectable websites that its toxic.

12. young_deadhead

well you should link them for me

you use it with your food in baking so it cant be that bad. Besides if your a smoker i doubt its a huge concern to most people. And the people that are using these pipes probably arent gonna be regular smokers so its not gonna affect your health that much.

13. edyb123

edyb123 Senior Member

i'm not having a go at you.

i've only mentioned it for you benefit.. i can't remember the websites, i was just googling on how to make bongs once and came across loads of them... n they all said not to use tin foil.

take it or leave it.

14. edyb123

edyb123 Senior Member

i guess it can take heat but not a direct flame..

15. swazo

swazo i am amazing.

Smoking Using Aluminum Foil

Most brands of aluminum foil (Renoyld’s Wrap with the anti-stick coating and similar brands being the exception), are untreated and remain 99.9% aluminum (again with the .1% being residues and other agents in the manufacturing process)

In order to inhale aluminum it would have to be changed from a solid to a vapor. This requires a lot of heat. More heat than what it produced by a butane lighter. A butane lighter is not even capable of melting aluminum, if a lighter fails to melt the aluminum, it will not be able to change the aluminum into a vapor.

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/32056

16. young_deadhead

i know your not having a go at me but if your gonna make statements like that you should really have something to back it up.

thanks swazo, see what i mean now

17. skullkidnate

skullkidnate ナサニエル

Go Swazo!

18. hippieatheart

hippieatheart vagina boob

this is a good idea for a thread.

19. edyb123

edyb123 Senior Member

Why do i need anything to back it up? Either take my word or don't.. i'm not lying.

Since your so insistent though i've done a search:

http://www.water-bongs-glass-pipes.com/bong/tp/ib/i-78/

'Aluminum foil releases toxic chemicals while heated, and its use should be avoided as high aluminum levels have been found in the brains of some patients with neurological diseases.'

--------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/jcaxels/bongs.html

woudln't let me copy
    http://www.wikiafterdark.com/index.php/Build_a_Make_Shift_Bong

'Try to avoid things like aluminum for the bowl, this releases harmful smoke...even try to avoid plastic stems, a arrow for a bow works wonders, just break it and use it instead!'
    http://www.wongbong.com/whyglass.html

'Steel and aluminum can vaporize with torch lighters and give off poisonous fumes as well as cause serious health problems in your future.'

And thats to name a few... and i see swazo found that link.. but how do you know who to believe? If it were me i'd stear clear of aluminum foil just to be sure.. seeing as so many websites say its a bad idea.

20. edyb123

edyb123 Senior Member

And if swazo had just looke dfurther down that page he linked he would have found this:

'First I want to say that I do not condone smoking out of an aluminum piece anymore, but after learning in a class that aluminum salts fed to monkeys produced Alzheimer's like conditions, I got really concerned (I use aluminum pieces regularly) and had to find out more on the issue: (google search ->)
    Aluminum is found everywhere on the surface of the earth, and makes its way into about everything we take into our bodies (however, only about 1% is absorbed). It occurs naturally in many forms, and is found a plethora of items involved in ingestion (pharms, water, cookware) and even in tobacco and marijuana.Recently, a woman who was exposed to high amounts of aluminum got Alzheimer's at a very young age (58), aluminum being found in these neurofibrillary tangles in the brain, but the debate among scientists is whether aluminum causes Alzheimer's, or if Alzheimer's causes aluminum to bind. Given these facts, I wouldn't smoke from aluminum anymore, but I wouldn't worry too much that Ihad'

AND

' Use glass or steel. :p

Nobody really knows how dangerous aluminum is, but everyone agrees it's not a safe element.

High levels of aluminum in the body are definitely not healthy, and the byproducts of incinerated foil that is inhaled are not healthy, are possibly carcinogenic. The soot that accumulates on aluminum from flame is also a lung irritant.'

So like i said.. it's probably best to stay away.