how to make cannabutter

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by chris, May 25, 2004.

1. chris

chris Member

ive never cooked anything. im going to tell you what i think i do then u make sure im right lol

i take a pot. put half a stick of butter (i dont want to eat a lot of butter, im planning to spread it on toast the morning after school ends)

i melt the butter in the pot. put in an eighth of weed (i want to get blown)

stir, keep heat, for about ten min, no boiling just stirring for a while

put the butter on toast (i dont care if i get MJ leaves on it, i like their taste anyway)

eat away

is it that simple?

2. blazer326

blazer326 Member

3. ericf

ericf Member

The boiling water method seems pretty complicated. I have always just ground the pot up real fine... powder almost... heated it in the butter or oil over low heat for 10-15 minutes.... and used it for whatever. I've had some really mind blowing brownies... some good toast (at work actually)... etc.

I think the water method would work well if you wanted to make a small amount and get the leaves out (with a large amount you have enough to strain with just the butter alone).

The only benefit I could see beyond that is that you are not going to overcook the butter and boil off the THC. But stirring constantly over low heat would stop that anyway.

Enjoy your toast. :D But, a whole 8th (assuming high grade) all at once might be a mistake. You are going to be fucking messed up for a while. I hope you have a large jug of your preferred beverage, a nice comfy chair (recommend recliner), and NOTHING to do for 4-8 hours. I have had a granola bar made with a similar amount of weed (the butter practically glowed green) and it fucked me over. Eventually I made it into my chair and listened to music for about two hours before it just knocked me out. Maybe you should do it in steps and only get as high as you want... falling asleep while high sucks. :)

4. cotter builds

cotter builds Member

how much shwag would it take? my friend and i are talkin bout getting a 1/4 lb

5. ericf

ericf Member

Depends on how much butter you want to make and how strong you want it.

Good strength butter from shwag is usually, 1/2 oz per stick (1/4 lb)... which makes a good batch of brownies (12-24 depending on how trashed you want to be).

6. cotter builds

cotter builds Member

interesting......lets say you wanted to make a small pan of cornbread.....lets say a 9x9 pan.....how much would you need?

7. ericf

ericf Member

Depends on the recipie... I just googled for some and see that they want about 2-3 TB of butter (or grease). Round that up to four (half a stick) and you could probably get away with a quarter oz of shwag. Cut about 9 pieces out and enjoy. I think that is about right. It seems correct. You are using half the butter and it makes about half as much.

Just be careful when eating to take it slowly. Especially if it is your first time. It can be shockingly strong and deceptive. You might not feel anything at all for an hour or two... and then it will all hit you like a ton of bricks. It hits all at once. I have been standing talking to someone -- completely sober -- and 10 seconds later needed to sit down because it ran me over. I have friends who make some wicked baked goods. If you still don't feel very high after an hour and a half you might consider eating a second piece.

If you leave the leaves in the butter (I almost always do because I grind them small and they don't bother me... extra fiber yum :p ) you will have come green cornbread. It will look suspicious since it is not St. Patrick's day. So don't plan on leaving it in the fridge were someone might see it that you don't want to.

8. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

I agree, I usually put in an ounce of schwagg for a double batch of brownies.

9. PeRrY

PeRrY Member

put in a 1/2 oz of good nugz, it'll knock your boots off !

10. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

No shit, but there's one hell of a price difference!