How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by XFRODOBAGGINSX, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryupower

ryupower NO capcom included

wow...this thread is still active....

I haven't been @ hipforums for like...a year. ( COMEBACK!! ) And this thread is still active? :eek:

2. Columbo

Columbo Senior Member

When I go there I am going in a stretch limo with a coupla ho's in mini skirts geting out with me - one on each arm - and I'll be dressed like a pimp pimped by pimp my pimp

3. SILVERWOLF_87

SILVERWOLF_87 Member

My thoughts on the afterlife:
    Whatever happens, happens. Until then just live life to its fullest, and most importantly, never forget to laugh and smile!

4. Fallout55

Fallout55 Banned

You had a chat with god?

Or did you read a book that said some guy, knew a guy who talked to god 2000 years ago?

5. Monolith

Monolith Member

Yeah for real, I get tired of hearing people say stuff like that.

"This is gods word" "That is gods word"

The same people that go by the Bible, which is written by people who supposedly "talked" to the Christian God, would dismiss someone as insane today if they had been talking to god. I see them all the time on this street corner. There was once a guy dressed like moses, all the Christians said he was insane... he was even in the news paper.

6. Monolith

Monolith Member

Think about this... who in the hell talks like that anymore?

"answereth" "saith"

Nobody talks like that anymore. I am sure you have a KJV or possibly a NKJV, but why? If Jesus existed he did not speak the language of the late Middle Ages in England... although some people around here will argue that he did [​IMG]

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

precisely.

and there may or may not be one god or zillions of them,
    but the connection between priorities and probabilities has a hell of a lot more to do
    with the kind of world we all have to live in, in this life, then what any belief claims
    to know about it, and for all we know, just very well might in whatever next lives
    which there may or may not be, to come.

i do know, that in order for a heavin to BE a heavin there somehow needs to be
    nobody in it robbing anyone else of their calmness.

without that, gold streets and mansions, and even a king, would just be a pretty
    hell.

besides, i'd rather spend eternity out in the woods somewhere, in a shack, with
    a good computer and a bunch of narrow gauge railways to ride arround on and
    explore and no damd kings, or any other kind of political hierarchy, just one or a zillion
    as the case may be, good, nontangable, as we would all be nontangable for that matter,
    friends. some big, some little, some in between, but NONE of them, robbing anyone
    of their calmness.

=^^=
    .../\...

8. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by beatricequab
    maybe just try for once to be okay with the fact that you don't know where you came from and you don't know where you are going and you don't need some reason to be scared into doing the right things so that you can "live forever" in "eternal bliss"
    Quote:
    maybe just try for once to be okay with the fact that you don't know where you came from and you don't know where you are going and you don't need some reason to be scared into doing the right things so that you can "live forever" in "eternal bliss"
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    VERY well said. I have felt that way for a long time but have never stated it so clearly.

9. heeh2

heeh2 Senior Member

but if you do that youll go to hell.......

ahahah

10. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

If god existed he would smack you ass-hats for accepting such a total crock of sht w/ NO proof.

11. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

What proof do you have that god exists?

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i have seen no compelling proofs that anything exists, nor any that anything does not.

what i have seen, are some people screwing things up for each other, and some people avoiding doing so.

the accumulations of 'stuff' of those who do the screwing. some of it stuff i wouldn't mind having or being able to use.

but i've also seen the clear conscounses of those who don't. and between the two, i simply perceive these to be the more 'live with able' and rewarding.

=^^=
    .../\...

13. CrazybutLazy

CrazybutLazy Banned

God is pretty freakin' evil if he would send someone to a place as horrible as hell.

14. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

If god exists he is an ass-hole.

15. dazedandconfused11

dazedandconfused11 Member

yeah man

16. darrellkitchen

darrellkitchen Lifetime Supporter

Repeating words from a book is not proof. The only proof that you offer is that you can spam a site with quotes from a book.

I believe salmon4me asked a legitimate question.

If you want to offer proof, offer it. However, don't go spamming the site with quotes from a book, or from some other site and expect others to accept this as proof.
    HTML:

HTML:

HTML:

17. 3DJay

3DJay Member

LOL. No it doesn't, starting with Genesis 1 & 2. They don't fit together.

Then why did Jewish rabbis have to decide on what would and wouldn't be included in the Tanakh/OT? Why did Roman Catholic priests have to decide on what would and wouldn't be included in the NT? The later guys also murdered, or banished, anyone who disagreed with their interpretation...they were inspired by God?

Oh please. http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/inconsistencies.html

Science: A whale is not a fish.
    History: The Chaldees (Chaldeans) weren't ruling Ur, at the supposed time of Abraham, the Akkadians were. The Chaldeans didn't come along until some 1300 years later...when the OT may have first been written.
    Matters of life: Should we still be stoning rebellious children, to death?

Many were actually written, after they were "fullfilled", which is the easy way to write prophecies. Almost the entire OT, for example.

Peace

18. dazedandconfused11

dazedandconfused11 Member

there is no god you idiot

19. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

YUP

20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

what if: there were more gods and goddessess then could be counted let alone named?
    what if; none of them were infallable, had the slightest desire to be worshipped, and few, if any of them, wished us, or anyone, or any thing, any particular harm?
    how do you know this isn't how it is?

let me put that another way: you don't.

=^^=
    .../\...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.