How To Get To Heaven When You Die

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by XFRODOBAGGINSX, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChinaCatSunflower02

ChinaCatSunflower02 Senior Member

2. ChinaCatSunflower02

so, what do you think about meditation? looking inside yourself for the answers? do you just shun away new age ways because you're finding yourself rather than looking for someone from above? i'm just curious, because i've read that christians also think this is the work of the devil too.

and i just also want to know what you think about other religions? do you really think that all other religions are wrong? i'm asking because i really want to know. i don't know if you do or if you don't, but i think that someone who really has god "dwelling" inside of them would be a little more open minded and would see that christianity isn't the only real, existing, correct religion there is. i think that the earliest concepts of all religions are chunks of the truth along with many many other factors including science and everything else in life.

someday you guys are gonna have to face the fact that most of christianity is a big money scam.

3. ChinaCatSunflower02

i'm sorry, but i must have to ask one more question. you say that non-christians' spirits are dead. but what if you are a very spiritual person but don't belong to any religion? are you saying that it's not possible for someone to have an awakened spirit unless they're christians? that's complete bullshit. go and ask some people who meditate or do yoga constantly but belong to no religion.

saying that christianity is the only way is no more stupid and ignorant than saying that the Aryan race is the only correct and real race.

and by the way, i do apologize for the namecalling; no matter what your views may be, you're still a human being. i'm just glad YOU especially got rid of that frodo baggins name [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Hell ain't a bad place to be

4. WoodstockChild

WoodstockChild Intrepid Traveler!

The Bible is often hypocritical and closed-minded.

5. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Like hobbits?

6. spook13

spook13 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Red: Shows nothing but how profoundly and willfully ignorant you are.

Blue: Indicates that you have some spiritual insight.

Green: Really Good!!

7. spook13

Bumper sticker I used to see frequently: "The Bible said it, I believe it, and that settles it". Obviously, that's where you're coming from, and it's a wall I'm not going to beat my head against.

You have questions to answer for yourself...

Why do vast numbers of people who are not Christians claim to have spiritual lives, and why do many of these people exhibit Godly qualities?

Why are there spiritual traditions, supported by extensive bodies of scripture, written history, and cultural tradition, that are historically much older than Christianity, have billions of adherents, and continue strongly into the present day despite nearly 2,000 years of Christian efforts to convert and eradicate them?

Regarding God, I'm referring to God...there's only one. However, God is called by many names...I address and generally pray to Him as Krishna, you address Him as Christ, you pray to him through Christ as His son, as I do at times.

The reason that you have spiritual insight is because you are a sincere believer, and Christ has given you this...now, you need to take the initiative, broaden your outlook, and recognize that God speaks to each sincere individual in the way that is most suited to that person.

8. ChinaCatSunflower02

this just shows how close-minded christians are. you need to realize that non-christians or even non religious people can have a spiritual life and look at life differently. i believe there is a god, but i don't belong to any organized religion just because i choose not to. so are you saying i'm spiritually dead? well go the hell ahead and say it, you don't know me.

9. ChinaCatSunflower02

dude, you're totally being a hyprocrite. i'm being closed minded because i believe there probably is a god but i don't believe that all of one religion is correct and that there's probably other religions and philosophies out there that should be considered? that's being closed minded????

or is someone who stands 100 percent by the bible and christianity and says that no matter what all of it is true and everyone else are spiritually dead people who are wrong about what they believe in or think? THAT is being close-minded. you're not even considering other options. i mean you're not even being OPEN-MINDED enough to say that christianity might be part of the truth but there's also other religions that have to do with the truth as well. you've trapped yourself against a wall.

like i said before, it's no different than saying that the Aryan race is the only good race and that everyone else should burn in concentration camps because they're not in the "correct" race.

and by the way, i HAVE considered the bible being true. but i made the decision that not all of it is true. and also, you obviously didn't pay too much close attention to what i said before because you are stating that i don't believe in god.

10. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

I very strongly believe that you have made the right choice, and that you are on the path that is right for you, and true for you. You likely would not be able to say the same about my spiritual beliefs, if I read your post correctly. I logically and honestly came to the conclusion that I think any person of any faith, or atheists, etc., can be true. Why not? Just, as you say, by virtue of the fact that they contradict each other. Why could not God have as many faces as there are people? In reality, there are countless examples of individuals stating directly opposing statements about there reality, and both of them being equally true, valid, and correct. I am here, you are there, you are not here. So, I say to you that I am in southwestern bc, canada, in this chair, and ask you, 'Are you?' You say, no I am not, I am here (wherever that may be.) There are no cases where two people occupy the same space at the same time, which I feel is good evidence to support my view that no one can ever truly know what anyone else has experienced. So, I don't feel I have the ability, or right to tell anyone what is right for them. I can share what is right for me, and if asked, offer my opinion, but I don't feel I am in a position to judge what they are supposed to believe. You choose Jesus. That is a popular choice. I like Jesus, though, after years of study, including reading three different versions of the bible, I cannot say for certain that I know he really existed. Outside of the bible, not one person from his time has written that they witnessed him, or any of his entourage. The earliest surviving account of him outside the bible was written by a man born right around the year Jesus was said to have been crucified. So, maybe Jesus never existed. I feel that he did, and I would even say I hope he did actually exist, though I don't know why I hope that. But I don't know for sure, and for me, it doesn't matter. If Jesus came up to me personally and asked me to let him pay for my sins so I could get into heaven, I'd politely decline. I wouldn't want him to, but appreciate the offer. If that means I don't get into heaven, so be it.
    I say that all religions can be right. And more importantly to me, its not my place to tell anyone else what they should believe. I'll stick with trying to figure out what I believe, and I let everyone else do the same. And if we differ, I don't mind, because I expect us to. I'd be surprised if we didn't, and I don't consider the fact that we differ as being proof one of us is wrong. We can all be right.

11. spook13

We've already had this discussion, and I answered you again on Sept. 9th in post no. 613 of this thread.

If you want to come in and participate in an on-the-level way, great, and welcome, but please don't spam the forums with any more cut-and-paste tracts.

12. herbskindessence

herbskindessence Member

Mind control 101: Preying on their alienation, offer inductees a deep feeling of belonging to a "special family", predicated on their complete acceptance of the Control Point(s).

cross-cultural, unbiased examples of control points:

Total Devotion to Guru Results in Ultimate Freedom
    The Bible is the Word of God
    The only Allah is Allah, and Mohammed is His Prophet
    Trusting Your Own Reason is Foolish
    You Are Unworthy of Love, but Love is Extended in Exchange for Obedience
    Human Problems are Not Solveable Except By a Given Spiritual Path

Make it absolutely clear to the inductee that rejection of the basic premise of the control point means failure and alienation from The Special Family.

Any inductee who has not surrendured to the control point is not really under reliable control

Any inductee who has surrendured to the control point will be totally immune to being swayed by reason and factual evidence that is in conflict with the control point and *Family Influence.

*Family Influence grows in power after the control point has been implanted

...to be continued. This has been a public service announcement from HerbsKindEssence, who would be a proud member of the Guns And Dope Party if he weren't to cheap to send in a membership pledge

13. teh-horace

teh-horace for your pleasure

haha, exactly

does this mean if we take back the ring we get a "get out of hell free" card?

14. heeh2

heeh2 Senior Member

or just slip jesus a 20 and he'll sneak you through the back.....

15. herbskindessence

herbskindessence Member

yeah, because "the Bible" is "the Word of God", huh?

I've read comic books that were much better guides for MODERN human life.
    In fact, if anything, the Bible seems to drive people crazy...trying to forcee a tangled, ancient artifact onto a perfectly good mind and "soul" will do that.

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

arn't bible thumpers, koran thumpers, et all, "trusting in the riches" of their beliefs?

i am 100% certain that when we die, we all 'go to' the same 'place', but that we each experience that 'place' in ways dependent entirely upon how we have made ourselves to perceive, even as we are and do in this tangable and 'material' life.

and further that this is a 'placeless place' in the sense of tangable placeness, virtualy by definician of it being a nontangable existence.

there is also this question of 'the bible' being 'god's word'.
    saying don't make it so that anyone can KNOW anything of the sort.

there is no signature of any god at the end of any 'holy' book.

it COULD be the will of god, or a god, or something that the revealer of its belief took to be a or the 'god'. but YOU DON'T KNOW THAT and neither do i nor does anyone else.

=^^=
    .../\...

17. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

I was born into a Christian family. My dad has been a Baptist minister [dually affiliated (liberal)], for 45 years now. I went to a charismatic Christian boarding school. I attended a Catholic prep school. I studied religion and philosophy in college.
    Believe what you want, more power to you. I know where you are all going when you die, the cemetery. This whole after life sht is such an illusion. Nobody will ever prove any of this religious crap, because it isn't true. It's something that people use so that they can explain the unknown; "it's god, or god's will". It's that crutch that some people need, to justify life and how much it can suck at times.
    What really bothers me about some religions (especially Christianity), is the whole “if you don't choose MY religion then you are going to hell”, theory. What a pompous load of sht. Somehow the religion that you were BORN into happens to be the only correct religion and all others are going to hell. Well fuuuuuuuuuuck you too, is how that makes me feel. The audacity to assume that you are correct and the other 300 religions are wrong just pisses me off. Do any of you actually believe that if you were born a Buddhist or whatever, and remained one for your whole life, that you would go to hell while all the Christians went to heaven? That is just asinine, and just makes it easier for the rest of us to ignore your desperate attempts to bring more brain washable people into your money hungry religion. The Christian right is fcking up the whole world.
    Now all of that negativity aside, if you people would just keep your assbackward, out of date religious beliefs to your crack-headed selves, I wouldn't be ranting (I am referring to your recruiting habits not your posts in the religon forum).

18. beatricequab

beatricequab Member

maybe just try for once to be okay with the fact that you don't know where you came from and you don't know where you are going and you don't need some reason to be scared into doing the right things so that you can "live forever" in "eternal bliss"

19. heeh2

heeh2 Senior Member

wow....

i never thought the son of a minister would put it so clear and simple

i just wish more people could see this....

20. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.