How To Get My Groove Back?

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by MayQueen~420~, Jun 5, 2020.

1. dkcurious

dkcurious Senior Member

I personally have songs for different moods. When I'm going through them I play certain songs to get through feeling whatever way and so forth unless I am happy. Then I just play my happy or mellow mood songs generally.

2. zer0

zer0 Members

Hey there! I don't suppose you're following the thread anymore, but if you're still in this rut I highly recommend getting an app for your phone like Garageband or some other music making software. I went through almost a year long slump, but what got me thru it was laying on my bed making demo songs on my phone. Literally not getting out of bed but putting together an entire album of material. It's amazing what these apps can do; I think Lady Gaga did an entire song & video on her phone as a promotion, and it's 100% professional. So to you or anyone else who's trying to reconnect with their groove but doesn't know where to start, just plant your butt in bed and start recording on your phone!

3. roadhogg

roadhogg Senior Member

4. roadhogg

roadhogg Senior Member

this fe di groove

5. TonyH

TonyH Members

Sorry to hear that you're in a funk. I'm in a similar situation due to aging and relationship issues. I'm struggling with my music but I'm pretty much just forcing myself to get back into it. I was in a band until two years ago and that seems to always be a good motivator because it makes you practice and have some goals. What are your goals? Do you just want to play for yourself, do you want to play out with a band, do you want a record? What instrument do you play?

6. tjr1964

tjr1964 Members

In the 1990's, I stopped playing music, in the 1980's I toured all over the lower 48 states, 6 Canadian provinces and to Mexico .

I was empty with out music, so I picked it up and got my " chops" up and become more creative .

I hope you pick up your music, it always been inside you.
    Channel all you being into it again !!!!